Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Knight (M Bristol City b.2001)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Going to another championship is great if Knights target is to be a bang average premiership player (at best). If he wants to do better than that he needs to back himself to make the step up, that’s what Collins did and now it’s what Bazunu has done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    knight is still young, a move to a top champ club would do him good, we can see is he upto it within a better side. i see no adv of holding out for some PL move where hed likely be getting sub minutes. 1 impressive season in the championship is enough to grab attention these days from the mid table pl clubs these days, olise at reading , downes at swans etc. i do think PL clubs are waiting to see how hed do with a better team

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    755 Posts
    I like Knight but I'm not sure he has the same potential as Bazunu and Collins. I think he'll play a good amount of Premier League football but maybe not for one of the top teams, whereas the other two have the potential to play in teams that challenge for titles.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    He’s already done that
    He's already done what - played for a promotion-pushing Championship team? No he hasn't. He's had two seasons battling relegation (once unsuccessfully, once surviving by one point) and his first season was mostly spent in the lower half of the table.

I don't think a player can really just demand a move to a Premier Division side and it'll happen, especially with squad caps. I think you may be being a bit unrealistic in your criticism there.

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,096 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    He's already done what - played for a promotion-pushing Championship team? No he hasn't. He's had two seasons battling relegation (once unsuccessfully, once surviving by one point) and his first season was mostly spent in the lower half of the table.

I don't think a player can really just demand a move to a Premier Division side and it'll happen, especially with squad caps. I think you may be being a bit unrealistic in your criticism there.
    Someone has fallen victim to the British media narrative regarding Lampard's time in charge there!

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    Well in fairness Lampard did take Derby to the play-offs, but Knight didn't make his debut until the following season.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts

Knight should force a Premiership club to sign him ! Why Not ? ( wink )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    Well in fairness Lampard did take Derby to the play-offs, but Knight didn't make his debut until the following season.
    Lampard did name Knight on the bench a few times towards the end of that season

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    knight is still young, a move to a top champ club would do him good, we can see is he upto it within a better side. i see no adv of holding out for some PL move where hed likely be getting sub minutes. 1 impressive season in the championship is enough to grab attention these days from the mid table pl clubs these days, olise at reading , downes at swans etc. i do think PL clubs are waiting to see how hed do with a better team
    He’s had 2 full seasons as a starter at Championship level, what will he learn doing the same thing for a 2nd season? Ummm there is a huge advantage, he trains against better players every day, constantly being challenged meaning he’ll pushed to improve, plays against better players at the weekend, play in squad with greater depth meaning he won’t be totally flogged by the end of the season. If he was English he would without question be pushing for a PL move because he knows it’s what he needs to take his game to the next level but we in Ireland have a culture of conservatism and taking the safe bet which usually doesn’t work yet we still do it.

You’re argument about not goi g to the premier league is the mentality of a player that will go nowhere, hopefully Knight had abit more ambition with his career.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    I like Knight but I'm not sure he has the same potential as Bazunu and Collins. I think he'll play a good amount of Premier League football but maybe not for one of the top teams, whereas the other two have the potential to play in teams that challenge for titles.
    Pretty sure I can remember the same excuses being made about Collins when he signed for Burnley “oh he’ll be on bench and get no game time behind Tarsowki and Mee, he should stay at the championship and play week in week out”…1 season later and look where he’s at now, how did he get there? Because at a premiership club and at that level he’s being challenged week in week out to be better, that challenge just isn’t there at championship level, that’s why for Knights development the best thing possible is to sign for a PL team of the offer is there, a signing for a championship club at this stage is for a player with little ambition and is happy to be a journey man, a player who is backing himself to make it at the highest level will want to go up a level and not make a sideways move.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Linked with W Bremen which would be a great move, hopefully it comes to fruition

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    that’s why for Knights development the best thing possible is to sign for a PL team if the offer is there
    Your bit in bold is fairly key don't you think?

Is the offer there?

17. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c12000 View Post
    Linked with W Bremen which would be a great move, hopefully it comes to fruition
    Any links or at least some information about where the information / rumour is coming from ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    Couple of links online, including this on Pundit Arena, though I don't think it's clear where the original rumour is coming from.

20. Thanks From:

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Somebody sent me a screenshot from something called Éire Guide on Facebook with the Knight/Bremen story. No idea how credible they are.

Ciaran Kelly should have held out for a Premier League move too instead of going to Rotheram that time... training with better players would probably have him on the edge of a move to Man City now.

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    If Jason Knight bought a Premiership club ~ He could buy himself for that club.

24. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Couple of links online, including this on Pundit Arena, though I don't think it's clear where the original rumour is coming from.
    Thanks for posting. You ‘d have to question an article that said Derby would be looking for a huge fee, and then a few sentences later saying Jason Knight has only one year left on his contract ! ! !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Somebody sent me a screenshot from something called Éire Guide on Facebook with the Knight/Bremen story. No idea how credible they are.

Ciaran Kelly should have held out for a Premier League move too instead of going to Rotheram that time... training with better players would probably have him on the edge of a move to Man City now.
    Eire Guide are clickbait merchants, and they're bad ones too.

27. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Thanks for posting. You ‘d have to question an article that said Derby would be looking for a huge fee, and then a few sentences later saying Jason Knight has only one year left on his contract ! ! !
    Yeah, it's silly season for clickbait transfer articles alright. Could be an agent floating an idea or a site looking for clicks. Best to ignore most of it unless it starts firming up or comes from one of the more reliable sources.

29. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    755 Posts
    The Jason Knight story is from Alan Nixon in the UK Sun newspaper.

31. Thanks From:

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast