Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 123

Thread: Jason Knight (M Derby b.2001)

  1. #101
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    34,116
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,977
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,904
    Thanked in
    2,449 Posts
    A goal and an assist tonight as Derby draw 2-2 against Luton. Relegation looks almost certain if they are hit with a further nine point deduction as threatened for breach of FFP rules. If he can get a good run of form this season (and Derby are mid-table before points deductions) then he should be able to sort a decent transfer in the summer - or even earlier if Derby need money to pay creditors. Could be one to watch in the coming months.

  2. Thanks From:


  3. #102
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,810
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    466
    Thanked in
    351 Posts
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sky...hing-efl-rules

    His agent needs to get to work today and get him a move in January.

    Burnley could be a suitable place

  4. Thanks From:


  5. #103
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    514
    Thanked in
    299 Posts
    Iíd want every creative player we have avoiding burnley as long as Dyche is there... fine for a big unit up front or a centre half but no coincidence that Brady and Hendrickís performances for Ireland went downhill upon arriving at Burnley

  6. #104
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    705
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    125
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    Iíd want every creative player we have avoiding burnley as long as Dyche is there... fine for a big unit up front or a centre half but no coincidence that Brady and Hendrickís performances for Ireland went downhill upon arriving at Burnley
    Would prefer a Brentford, Southampton or Crystal Palace.

  7. #105
    Reserves dynamo kerry's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Tralee
    Posts
    678
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    43
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    Would prefer a Brentford, Southampton or Crystal Palace.
    No room at Southampton I'd say and I'd prefer smallbone to advance. If he can get past ward prowse

    Brentford maybe.
    For some of those other premier league clubs that are safe not many have a clear habit of buying young lads. The pressure to succeed is pretty high at wolves and villa. Everton would be a good club to go to but cant see them shopping at derby

    Palace have a pretty settled midfield too.

    He would be wanting a club that will be prepared to take a chance and accepts relegation is possible but not guaranteed. A small cohort..

  8. #106
    Seasoned Pro ifk101's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2003
    Posts
    3,450
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    90
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    431
    Thanked in
    266 Posts
    Why not Juventus, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid?

    He has 80+ games in the Championship, he’s arguably been our MOM in the last few senior internationals he has played, and he’s still only 20 years old – he’s far from peaking. While Juventus, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid might be beyond him at the current moment, he’s on the up and hopefully going to places a Brentford will not reach.

  9. #107
    Capped Player
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    17,686
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6,504
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,275
    Thanked in
    2,409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Why not Juventus, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid?

    He has 80+ games in the Championship, heís arguably been our MOM in the last few senior internationals he has played, and heís still only 20 years old Ė heís far from peaking. While Juventus, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid might be beyond him at the current moment, heís on the up and hopefully going to places a Brentford will not reach.
    BL clubs certainly seem to be keen on looking at English club youth players. We have an office in Munich, all my colleagues are Bayern fans. I was telling them that Bazunu could be an ideal long term replacement for Neuer. A ball playing keeper. Rushing madly and ill-advisedly off his line at times never did Neuer much harm
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 17/11/2021 at 11:30 AM.

  10. Thanks From:


  11. #108
    Reserves dynamo kerry's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Tralee
    Posts
    678
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    43
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    BL clubs certainly seem to be keen on looking at English club youth players. We have an office in Munich, all my colleagues are Bayern fans. I was telling them that Bazunu could be an ideal long term replacement for Neuer. A ball playing keeper. Rushing madly and ill-advisedly off his line at times never did Neuer much harm
    In much the same way Belgian players became very fashionable I think the irish team may well become a not so expensive source of talent for clubs outside the big super league 12... anyone looking at cullen might be thinking that knight would be a handy 5 to 7m gamble..

  12. Thanks From:


  13. #109
    Seasoned Pro Fixer82's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ceatharlach
    Posts
    2,642
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    957
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    661
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry View Post
    In much the same way Belgian players became very fashionable I think the irish team may well become a not so expensive source of talent for clubs outside the big super league 12... anyone looking at cullen might be thinking that knight would be a handy 5 to 7m gamble..
    Cullen has flourished in Netherlands.

    Would love to see more players looking outside of England.
    But the player would have to accept and adapt to a different culture.
    Some players donít have the right personality for that.

    Always admired Connolly, Sheridan, Stapleton, Babb, Brady, Mahon, Harte and others who were willing to go somewhere where a totally different language was spoken

  14. #110
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    705
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    125
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Cullen has flourished in Netherlands.

    Would love to see more players looking outside of England.
    But the player would have to accept and adapt to a different culture.
    Some players donít have the right personality for that.

    Always admired Connolly, Sheridan, Stapleton, Babb, Brady, Mahon, Harte and others who were willing to go somewhere where a totally different language was spoken
    Donít forget Michael Robinson, Micky Walsh, Don Givens, Mick McCarthy, Kevin Moran, Tony Cascarino, John Byrne, Alan Campbell, Liam Buckley, Noel Campbell, Robbie Keane, and of course Liam Brady. Hopefully more to follow in the new post-Brexit scenario.

  15. #111
    International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    5,835
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    969
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    393
    Thanked in
    223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Cullen has flourished in Netherlands.
    Cullen isn't playing in the Netherlands though.

    Aiden McGeady and John Aldridge both missing from both lists above too.

  16. Thanks From:


  17. #112
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    705
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    125
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Cullen isn't playing in the Netherlands though.

    Aiden McGeady and John Aldridge both missing from both lists above too.
    Good shout. Ronnie OíBrien also.

  18. #113
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,249
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5,056
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    532
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post
    Cullen has flourished in Netherlands.

    Would love to see more players looking outside of England.
    But the player would have to accept and adapt to a different culture.
    Some players don’t have the right personality for that.

    Always admired Connolly, Sheridan, Stapleton, Babb, Brady, Mahon, Harte and others who were willing to go somewhere where a totally different language was spoken
    He is also doing very well in Belgium.

  19. #114
    First Team
    Joined
    May 2008
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    1,563
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    158
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    408
    Thanked in
    298 Posts
    Industrious performance as always from Knight with a well taken header from a corner (shocking defending from Bournemouth). Ebosele doing well in patches, does tend to take too much out of the ball. Needs working on his end product but he has the ingredients of developing into a very effective right sided player. Travers for me remains our 3rd choice, solid shot stopper and pretty good with ball at feet, but remains hesitant and reluctant to dominate his box from crosses. I thought the string of games would have built his confidence in this regard, but still lacking. I think it will come though.

  20. Thanks From:


  21. #115
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    189
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Festy being left exposed at times in the first half with Knight not tracking back to help out at times. Feel Festy should have been playing RW instead of Knight and Knight playing in midfield instead of the young lad Thompson. Bournemouth looking to expose that right hand side and it's no surprise given how Derby have lined up with Knight and Festy on that side of a 4-3-3.

  22. #116
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    189
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Fair play to Derby as they were much better in the second but Bournemouth will be kicking themselves after losing that game. Thompson showed me as the lad was every in that second half and showing for the ball, Knight similar and the lad could probably play back to back games without looking tired.

    Festy will definitely develop into a very effective right sided player. Looked gassed towards the end and don't think it's the first time. Hopefully can keep picking up good minutes this season and if they drop to League One he'll surely be a big player for them. Knight I wouldn't be surprised if he's off in January, and Burnley will definitely be in for him to try beat others to his signature before the summer.

  23. #117
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    189
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Jason Knight linked with a move away from Derby. Supposedly Derby need to raise money and Knight is linked with an £8m move to either Leeds or Burnley. Newcastle and Everton are two other clubs also mentioned as showing interest in Knight.

    Also made his 100th appearance for Derby at the weekend. If he does move this month would love for it to be Leeds. Long term I think that move works out best for him. The lad is still rough around the edges and a coach like Bielsa could get the best out of him.

    Short term he might see his game time drop, though Leeds are being hit bad with injuries ATM. With the amount of game time he's gotten so far at Derby I think he can afford the short term drop for a long term gain of improving himself all round as player by working with someone like Bielsa.

  24. #118
    First Team
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,389
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    208
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Jason Knight linked with a move away from Derby. Supposedly Derby need to raise money and Knight is linked with an £8m move to either Leeds or Burnley. Newcastle and Everton are two other clubs also mentioned as showing interest in Knight.

    Also made his 100th appearance for Derby at the weekend. If he does move this month would love for it to be Leeds. Long term I think that move works out best for him. The lad is still rough around the edges and a coach like Bielsa could get the best out of him.

    Short term he might see his game time drop, though Leeds are being hit bad with injuries ATM. With the amount of game time he's gotten so far at Derby I think he can afford the short term drop for a long term gain of improving himself all round as player by working with someone like Bielsa.
    Can't see him getting into the Leeds or even Newcastle midfield. Maybe, just maybe there'd be a place for him at Burnley. He is rough around the edges as you say, but he has time to fine-tune his game.

  25. #119
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    34,116
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,977
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,904
    Thanked in
    2,449 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Jason Knight linked with a move away from Derby. Supposedly Derby need to raise money and Knight is linked with an £8m move to either Leeds or Burnley. Newcastle and Everton are two other clubs also mentioned as showing interest in Knight.
    No supposedly about it - sure they're in administration. It's as I called in post #101. Be a great move for him - 100 club appearances (mostly the full 90 minutes) is great experience for a guy who's not 21 till next month too.

  26. Thanks From:


  27. #120
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    189
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    69
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    No supposedly about it - sure they're in administration. It's as I called in post #101. Be a great move for him - 100 club appearances (mostly the full 90 minutes) is great experience for a guy who's not 21 till next month too.
    Obviously they are ****ed, think they need to raise money in order to actually see the season out. It's why they've been slapped with a transfer embargo because they can't prove they've the money needed to finish the season without a takeover happening.

  28. Thanks From:


Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22/01/2020, 6:50 PM
  2. RTE: Knight signs long-term contract with Derby County
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22/01/2020, 2:20 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31/12/2019, 3:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30/12/2019, 9:40 PM
  5. FAI: #IRLU21 Roommates | Conor Coventry & Jason Knight
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08/09/2019, 8:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •