Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Knight (M Bristol City b.2001)

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    A goal and an assist tonight as Derby draw 2-2 against Luton. Relegation looks almost certain if they are hit with a further nine point deduction as threatened for breach of FFP rules. If he can get a good run of form this season (and Derby are mid-table before points deductions) then he should be able to sort a decent transfer in the summer - or even earlier if Derby need money to pay creditors. Could be one to watch in the coming months.

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sky...hing-efl-rules

His agent needs to get to work today and get him a move in January.

Burnley could be a suitable place

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    I’d want every creative player we have avoiding burnley as long as Dyche is there... fine for a big unit up front or a centre half but no coincidence that Brady and Hendrick’s performances for Ireland went downhill upon arriving at Burnley

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    I’d want every creative player we have avoiding burnley as long as Dyche is there... fine for a big unit up front or a centre half but no coincidence that Brady and Hendrick’s performances for Ireland went downhill upon arriving at Burnley
    Would prefer a Brentford, Southampton or Crystal Palace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    Would prefer a Brentford, Southampton or Crystal Palace.
    No room at Southampton I'd say and I'd prefer smallbone to advance. If he can get past ward prowse

Brentford maybe.
    For some of those other premier league clubs that are safe not many have a clear habit of buying young lads. The pressure to succeed is pretty high at wolves and villa. Everton would be a good club to go to but cant see them shopping at derby

Palace have a pretty settled midfield too.

He would be wanting a club that will be prepared to take a chance and accepts relegation is possible but not guaranteed. A small cohort..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    Why not Juventus, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid?

He has 80+ games in the Championship, he’s arguably been our MOM in the last few senior internationals he has played, and he’s still only 20 years old – he’s far from peaking. While Juventus, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid might be beyond him at the current moment, he’s on the up and hopefully going to places a Brentford will not reach.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    Why not Juventus, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid?

He has 80+ games in the Championship, he’s arguably been our MOM in the last few senior internationals he has played, and he’s still only 20 years old – he’s far from peaking. While Juventus, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid might be beyond him at the current moment, he’s on the up and hopefully going to places a Brentford will not reach.
    BL clubs certainly seem to be keen on looking at English club youth players. We have an office in Munich, all my colleagues are Bayern fans. I was telling them that Bazunu could be an ideal long term replacement for Neuer. A ball playing keeper. Rushing madly and ill-advisedly off his line at times never did Neuer much harm
    Last edited by Stuttgart88; 17/11/2021 at 11:30 AM.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    BL clubs certainly seem to be keen on looking at English club youth players. We have an office in Munich, all my colleagues are Bayern fans. I was telling them that Bazunu could be an ideal long term replacement for Neuer. A ball playing keeper. Rushing madly and ill-advisedly off his line at times never did Neuer much harm
    In much the same way Belgian players became very fashionable I think the irish team may well become a not so expensive source of talent for clubs outside the big super league 12... anyone looking at cullen might be thinking that knight would be a handy 5 to 7m gamble..

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamo kerry View Post
    In much the same way Belgian players became very fashionable I think the irish team may well become a not so expensive source of talent for clubs outside the big super league 12... anyone looking at cullen might be thinking that knight would be a handy 5 to 7m gamble..
    Cullen has flourished in Netherlands.

Would love to see more players looking outside of England.
    But the player would have to accept and adapt to a different culture.
    Some players don’t have the right personality for that.

Always admired Connolly, Sheridan, Stapleton, Babb, Brady, Mahon, Harte and others who were willing to go somewhere where a totally different language was spoken

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer82 View Post

Always admired Connolly, Sheridan, Stapleton, Babb, Brady, Mahon, Harte and others who were willing to go somewhere where a totally different language was spoken
    Don’t forget Michael Robinson, Micky Walsh, Don Givens, Mick McCarthy, Kevin Moran, Tony Cascarino, John Byrne, Alan Campbell, Liam Buckley, Noel Campbell, Robbie Keane, and of course Liam Brady. Hopefully more to follow in the new post-Brexit scenario.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Cullen isn't playing in the Netherlands though.

Aiden McGeady and John Aldridge both missing from both lists above too.

16. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid View Post
    Cullen isn't playing in the Netherlands though.

Aiden McGeady and John Aldridge both missing from both lists above too.
    Good shout. Ronnie O’Brien also.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

He is also doing very well in Belgium.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Industrious performance as always from Knight with a well taken header from a corner (shocking defending from Bournemouth). Ebosele doing well in patches, does tend to take too much out of the ball. Needs working on his end product but he has the ingredients of developing into a very effective right sided player. Travers for me remains our 3rd choice, solid shot stopper and pretty good with ball at feet, but remains hesitant and reluctant to dominate his box from crosses. I thought the string of games would have built his confidence in this regard, but still lacking. I think it will come though.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Festy being left exposed at times in the first half with Knight not tracking back to help out at times. Feel Festy should have been playing RW instead of Knight and Knight playing in midfield instead of the young lad Thompson. Bournemouth looking to expose that right hand side and it's no surprise given how Derby have lined up with Knight and Festy on that side of a 4-3-3.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Fair play to Derby as they were much better in the second but Bournemouth will be kicking themselves after losing that game. Thompson showed me as the lad was every in that second half and showing for the ball, Knight similar and the lad could probably play back to back games without looking tired.

Festy will definitely develop into a very effective right sided player. Looked gassed towards the end and don't think it's the first time. Hopefully can keep picking up good minutes this season and if they drop to League One he'll surely be a big player for them. Knight I wouldn't be surprised if he's off in January, and Burnley will definitely be in for him to try beat others to his signature before the summer.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Jason Knight linked with a move away from Derby. Supposedly Derby need to raise money and Knight is linked with an £8m move to either Leeds or Burnley. Newcastle and Everton are two other clubs also mentioned as showing interest in Knight.

Also made his 100th appearance for Derby at the weekend. If he does move this month would love for it to be Leeds. Long term I think that move works out best for him. The lad is still rough around the edges and a coach like Bielsa could get the best out of him.

Short term he might see his game time drop, though Leeds are being hit bad with injuries ATM. With the amount of game time he's gotten so far at Derby I think he can afford the short term drop for a long term gain of improving himself all round as player by working with someone like Bielsa.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Jason Knight linked with a move away from Derby. Supposedly Derby need to raise money and Knight is linked with an £8m move to either Leeds or Burnley. Newcastle and Everton are two other clubs also mentioned as showing interest in Knight.

Also made his 100th appearance for Derby at the weekend. If he does move this month would love for it to be Leeds. Long term I think that move works out best for him. The lad is still rough around the edges and a coach like Bielsa could get the best out of him.

Short term he might see his game time drop, though Leeds are being hit bad with injuries ATM. With the amount of game time he's gotten so far at Derby I think he can afford the short term drop for a long term gain of improving himself all round as player by working with someone like Bielsa.
    Can't see him getting into the Leeds or even Newcastle midfield. Maybe, just maybe there'd be a place for him at Burnley. He is rough around the edges as you say, but he has time to fine-tune his game.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    No supposedly about it - sure they're in administration. It's as I called in post #101. Be a great move for him - 100 club appearances (mostly the full 90 minutes) is great experience for a guy who's not 21 till next month too.

26. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    No supposedly about it - sure they're in administration. It's as I called in post #101. Be a great move for him - 100 club appearances (mostly the full 90 minutes) is great experience for a guy who's not 21 till next month too.
    Obviously they are ****ed, think they need to raise money in order to actually see the season out. It's why they've been slapped with a transfer embargo because they can't prove they've the money needed to finish the season without a takeover happening.

28. Thanks From:

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast