Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Knight (M Bristol City b.2001)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    did he sign a new contract, i cant find anthing saying he did? Hopefully stays that way. He'll be a free agent in June next. Hopefully the change of manager at Derby sees him back in midfield.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Warne played 3-5-2 at Rotherham so chances are Knight plays RWB rather than RB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I see nothing to indicate Knight has signed a new contract. I suspect Derby didn?t like what was on offer in the summer and will sell in January when teams can be a bit more desperate given the shorter window.

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    He hasn't and the only thing linking him to was a clickbait twitter page. Derby will likely throw a contract his way because they have to but hopefully they try sell him in January to avoid missing out on decent compensation if there's interest abroad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Thankfully Warne has moved Knight back into midfield. With a bit of luck a move happens in January.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Warne confirms that Derby have an option to extend Jason Knights contract so likely won't be leaving Derby this month.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    And of course Knight is too sound a lad to prioritize his own career over his club so ofcourse he’ll stay put and his performances for Ireland will continue to deteriorate as a result.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    On the scoresheet today as Derby beat Barnsley 3-0 in the cup. Looks to have played in a more advanced midfield role behind the striker judging by a few apps I looked at.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    "Derby County boss Paul Warne says Jason Knight is the player he would choose to be reincarnated as after the midfielder helped the Rams overcome Port Vale.....'.Knighty, for me, is my favoured 10 because he gives you so much in and out of possession........."

It's his effort, what he tries to do for the team, how hard he works and how determined he is to win. Sometimes games come down to determination and effort and tonight we probably edged it and got the win I thought we deserved. Even at the end he is winning the ball, taking it into the corner. It feels more like my team when he is in it, that's the truth.' " (BBC Football)

11. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demesne Lad View Post
    "Derby County boss Paul Warne says Jason Knight is the player he would choose to be reincarnated as after the midfielder helped the Rams overcome Port Vale.....'.Knighty, for me, is my favoured 10 because he gives you so much in and out of possession........."

It's his effort, what he tries to do for the team, how hard he works and how determined he is to win. Sometimes games come down to determination and effort and tonight we probably edged it and got the win I thought we deserved. Even at the end he is winning the ball, taking it into the corner. It feels more like my team when he is in it, that's the truth.' " (BBC Football)
    Why was he playing him at right back for portion of the season

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    748 Posts
    That was Rosenior wasn't it? As soon as Warne came in he went back to centre mid.

It doesn't sound like he'll be getting out of there any time soon though unfortunately.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    That was Rosenior wasn't it? As soon as Warne came in he went back to centre mid.

It doesn't sound like he'll be getting out of there any time soon though unfortunately.
    Didnt actually realise they had changed manager. I formally withdraw my snide and pointless comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Knight is just 21. I don't think playing No. 10 in a team chasing promotion is the worst for him. Ultimately his performances for Derby and/or Ireland will lead to a decent move if he keeps doing what he's doing.

I'm not as high on him as some people here are -- I think he can make it to the Premier League but may end up just being a solid Championship level player when it's all said and done.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Yeah Rosenior had him playing RB for the first 9 league games and got replaced after the tenth game where Knight was supporting the striker. Played him in midfield or the wing for the cup games but started 90% of the league games under Rosenior at RB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Knight is just 21. I don't think playing No. 10 in a team chasing promotion is the worst for him. Ultimately his performances for Derby and/or Ireland will lead to a decent move if he keeps doing what he's doing.

I'm not as high on him as some people here are -- I think he can make it to the Premier League but may end up just being a solid Championship level player when it's all said and done.
    I like him, but Im not sure what he is really. Hes not big enough to be a physically dominant center midfielder. Not an amazing passer to be a distributor. Not really skillful enough to be a real 10 and not fast enough to be a good winger.

He does make a difference for us when he plays though and I love the energy and enthusiasm he brings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I'm with you Razor. He's above average in a lot of departments but not truly elite in any area. You can tell he's a top pro and works incredibly hard though. Would be great to see him reach the top -- I just am a bit perplexed at the hype on this forum historically. Sure he's looked good in terrible Ireland and Derby teams but I think that's a reflection of the poor quality around him unfortunately.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    I'm with you Razor. He's above average in a lot of departments but not truly elite in any area. You can tell he's a top pro and works incredibly hard though. Would be great to see him reach the top -- I just am a bit perplexed at the hype on this forum historically. Sure he's looked good in terrible Ireland and Derby teams but I think that's a reflection of the poor quality around him unfortunately.
    I get the hype to a point, Im probably guilty of it myself at times with him. He was in that Derby team at a very young age so he obviously has something about him. I do get the feeling though that he may be a shorter Jeff Hendrick. Hendrick was very athletic as a younger player

21. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demesne Lad View Post

Time for a pay increase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    I think you have to take a step back and look at his journey to date as a 21 (nearly 22) year old. When you do, its difficult not to be excited about how high he can go. Three seasons in the Championship with over 100 appearances and ten goals as a teenager or 20 year old. Thats prime stuff for our youth prospects. Seventeen senior caps at 21 years old. I really do think his ceiling is premier league and he has a fairly good chance of getting there in the next 3 years or so.

Weirdly, i dont see him as a #10 at all - he has always come across to me as a #8 with his drive, energy and technique. I think that is where he will settle over time but good for him to have experience in other roles. (not right back though, jaysus)

24. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    748 Posts
    I see a lot of John McGinn in him personally, like McGinn he's a good all rounder. I think he can make it to a similar level too - mid table Premier League, but probably never to one of the big hitters challenging for titles.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast