Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Knight (M Bristol City b.2001)

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    I think a pro-English bias and an anti-Irish bias are hugely different things though.

English fans of English clubs want to see English players, so they can be over-valued.

There's no corresponding bias against Irish players though (maybe except McClean...)

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Nice read. I agree with much of what you say about his ability, character, attitude and loyalty. But not all. Unless there are circumstances of which I'm unaware, EPL and potential EPL clubs seem underwhelmed by what he has to offer despite the relatively low fee to sign him. It was something similar with Josh Cullen. Yes, there is crazy money being thrown about - but it would be nudging naivety to believe there are no shrewd talent spotters still out there. If he's good enough, surely he'll be picked up.
    But Cullen turned out to be good enough and it required a shrewd Belgium-based talent spotter to notice how good he was. Talent does get missed, and I'm not sure it's down to bias, but we're more likely to focus on and see the potential in a small number of Irish players when club talent spotters are looking at a much wider field, This doesn't necessarily mean that Knight is not as good as some of us think, or that he's better than some English clubs have thus far noticed. I am inclined to think that playing for Ireland - and even playing well for Ireland - doesn't give players the profile it once did.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Perhaps Jason could do with some shining armour.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Whatever about the Premiership, I'm suprised no Championship club has come in for Knight. Maybe there's interest, but clubs are biding their time to save a few million by going for him in January when Derby are under pressure to sell. I'm always cautious about young fellas breaking through; in spite of that, I'm sold on Knight. He's far too good for League 1.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    said to be on the verge of signing a 2 year deal with Derby... interesting. Not a fan of it if i'm in his shoes but i am sure they are looking to get something meaningful for him in a transfer.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    While he strikes me as the type that would sign a new contract I'd wait for more than just a clickbait twitter page announcing anything about it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    said to be on the verge of signing a 2 year deal with Derby... interesting. Not a fan of it if i'm in his shoes but i am sure they are looking to get something meaningful for him in a transfer.
    Well he’s ****ing stupid if he does sign, his loyalty will be what damages his career most. Derby sure as hell wouldn’t show the same level of loyalty if Knights career was in as bad a position has Derby is currently.

Well they had their chance to get something meaningful and instead they priced him out of any decent move so they get exactly what they deserve if he leaves for peanuts.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CSAD View Post
    Well he’s ****ing stupid if he does sign, his loyalty will be what damages his career most. Derby sure as hell wouldn’t show the same level of loyalty if Knights career was in as bad a position has Derby is currently.

Well they had their chance to get something meaningful and instead they priced him out of any decent move so they get exactly what they deserve if he leaves for peanuts.
    Weren't long terminating Richard Keogh's contract when it suited them.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,308 Posts
    That nearly bankrupted them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    They were always heading in that direction and saw it mentioned at the time they sacked him when they did to get his wages off the books and knew they'd always have settle things with him in time. Mel Morris probably hoped the club would be sold by then and someone else's issue.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    That nearly bankrupted them.
    All three players should have been sacked
    Keeping the younger more valuable guys was why they had to pony up to keogh.
    If they sack the three of them there is no case. They could have killed a child and themselves

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    They still might have had to pay Keogh. Tribunal said he hadn't committed gross misconduct or brought the club in to serious disrupt. Only being the passenger might have likely still worked in his favor even though all three should have been sacked and the other two jailed imo.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    All three players should have been sacked
    Keeping the younger more valuable guys was why they had to pony up to keogh.
    If they sack the three of them there is no case. They could have killed a child and themselves
    Keogh did nothing wrong. The lad driving the car was the one at fault. You can't get sacked for been drunk especially when you got drunk at a club event. Total victim blaming saying Keogh had any responsibility

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    One player we aught to tip our hat to, willing to sacrifice his whole career and play in L1 just to keep loyal to the tinpot club that is Derby County.

Can already see the detrimental effective it?s having on him in a green shirt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Signing that contract feels premature. It's very concerning to hear he's being played at right back too.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    Signing that contract feels premature. It's very concerning to hear he's being played at right back too.
    If he did indeed turn down a chance to go to Leeds then he is a silly boy.
    Not sure how real that rumour was

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Whether he did or not, he'd have been a free agent in the summer. Free is good sauce. I can only explain this if he's not remotely as good as I think, and I'm not in the contingent surprised he didn't get a Premiership move this summer just gone.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    It didn’t hurt Philipp Lahm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    It didn’t hurt Philipp Lahm.
    He wasn't shackled to a league 1 club.

23. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Whether he did or not, he'd have been a free agent in the summer. Free is good sauce. I can only explain this if he's not remotely as good as I think, and I'm not in the contingent surprised he didn't get a Premiership move this summer just gone.
    Unless he signed a contract between his first professional contract and his current contract back in Jan 2020 he'd have been out of contract at the end of that season which was his debut season.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    If he did indeed turn down a chance to go to Leeds then he is a silly boy.
    Not sure how real that rumour was
    I'd say if Leeds had any interest in Knight it's likely Derby wanted an arm and a leg for him to leave rather than Knight rejected Leeds.

Suggested they were looking at ?8m for Knight if they had to sell him back in Jan when there was talk the club might struggle to see the season out. Could only imagine what they'd have wanted for him after his debut season, which was his best performing season with six goals and three years left on his contract.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast