Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DDSL go back to September to May season

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    That's kind of what I was thinking jimhacker, as the national underage leagues come on stream and hoover up the best players, perhaps alignment with the other strands of schoolboy football is less important.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking jimhacker, as the national underage leagues come on stream and hoover up the best players, perhaps alignment with the other strands of schoolboy football is less important.
    The problem is the under 13's DDSL season will kick off in September 6 months earlier than originally planned.
    So Cabo as an example or Joeys will enter a team in the DDSL premier and come next February that entire team will transfer to the National league team and not be able to finish the DDSL season out.
    The Cabo or Joeys second team will become the first , 3rds become 2nd but ultimately some teams will fold.
    For some smaller country clubs with only one team in a particular age group where do they go?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Galway under age football is now also moving to winter season, and being welcomed by clubs in strong hurling areas so that youngsters can play both sports.
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Crumlin United have just shared a link to a petition asking to keep calendar football and try fix the issues instead of just scrapping it. Wonder are there many other DDSL clubs against moving away from calendar football.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Crumlin United have just shared a link to a petition asking to keep calendar football and try fix the issues instead of just scrapping it. Wonder are there many other DDSL clubs against moving away from calendar football.
    i seen something in media today that the northern ireland league is moving over to a summer season. thought I would never see the day that it would happen!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    i seen something in media today that the northern ireland league is moving over to a summer season. thought I would never see the day that it would happen!
    I like their May-February idea. Best of both worlds having summer football and the traditional christmas fixtures. Really wish League of Ireland had done similar.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    As a side point, Carlow Kilkenny didn't have an U13 team this season because they're basically run by the leagues so with the different calendars they couldn't get a team to start as players were already with clubs. They're starting a team for next season but I think that means players will go from now until February/March without competitive football unless they do a deal with clubs which isn't ideal. Just an example of the mess having different seasons causes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12