Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LOI fixtures 10th/11th May

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Given that Dundalk are only a Sergio Ramos short of Real Madrid, a hurl short of Brian Cody's Kilkenny and a eye gouge short of the All Blacks when it comes to the dark arts Dundalk position in the fair play table the last few years is pretty impressive....
    2018 2nd to Cork
    2017 1st
    2016 1st
    2015 1st
    2014 1st
    Truly Kenny/Perth's Dundalk are taking the mystical dark arts to a new level
    It seems the brown envelope went missing in 2017 as through either a clerical error or some other dark arts pressure Derry City were awarded the Fair Play thingy

https://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/n...-table/id-1240
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 15/05/2019 at 9:14 AM. Reason: link added

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Given that Dundalk are only a Sergio Ramos short of Real Madrid, a hurl short of Brian Cody's Kilkenny and a eye gouge short of the All Blacks when it comes to the dark arts Dundalk position in the fair play table the last few years is pretty impressive....
    2018 2nd to Cork
    2017 1st
    2016 1st
    2015 1st
    2014 1st

The "dark arts" are not related to yellow and red cards , by definition if you are good at the dark arts....... "diving convincingly and getting a free/peno and avoiding a booking..... badgering refs to get others booked and avoid bookings yourself, leaving a foot in and getting away with it you probably have a better chance of winning a fair play league then teams who dive less well , don't hassle refs and leave a foot in but get caught.

I hate diving above everything in the game but i heard Peter Crouch (brilliant podcast) explaining it as
    "Refs won't give a foul if you stay on your feet , so you have to go down if you feel a genuine contact" its the theatrical dives with barely any contact that does my head in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The "dark arts" are not related to yellow and red cards , by definition if you are good at the dark arts....... "diving convincingly and getting a free/peno and avoiding a booking..... badgering refs to get others booked and avoid bookings yourself, leaving a foot in and getting away with it you probably have a better chance of winning a fair play league then teams who dive less well , don't hassle refs and leave a foot in but get caught.

I hate diving above everything in the game but i heard Peter Crouch (brilliant podcast) explaining it as
    "Refs won't give a foul if you stay on your feet , so you have to go down if you feel a genuine contact" its the theatrical dives with barely any contact that does my head in.
    I heard that every Tuesday in the alley way behind the YDC Tom McNulty conducts a master class in how to disguise your foot being left in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    2018 2nd to Cork
    2017 1st
    2016 1st
    2015 1st
    2014 1st
    or maybe Dundalk are just better at cheating than other teams ? (isn't that the point people are making ?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    or maybe Dundalk are just better at cheating than other teams ? (isn't that the point people are making ?)

Its not cheating its regrettably part of the game now and its so widespread that you could equally argue that other teams are remiss in not being better or more organised at it.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    I was being facetious, and I know LoI refs are poor and have a conspiracy against [insert team name here] but my point is that if Dundalk are cheating, diving, badgering, leaving the foot in more than other clubs they are doing it with such exceptional skill that the are actually receiving a fraction of the cards of other teams who apparently do less cheating, diving, badgering and leaving the foot in. I'm just hoping that we can bring our world class level of cheating to play at European level. It'd be a pity not to cheat our way back into the group stages having cheated [insert team name here] out of so many domestic trophies recently.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    No fan likes blatant diving, or more feigning serious injury to get a player sent off! Im talking the Rivaldo type stuff, not a player sitting on the ground rubbing an ankle to slow up a game and break momentum, that's just in game tactics, some are more experienced at it, like when to commit a professional foul taking on for the team or not. It ends up counter productive in the end anyway as if a player gets a reputation for diving they often dont get legit penalty calls given. Until there is a serious directive to refs to cut out and card players surrounding officials it will happen at every game by every team. Sure the supposed additional 30 seconds for every sub made isnt enforced hence 90th minute substitutions and the like and everyone does it to eat up time in a close game. I dont think players surrounding a ref has ever caused a decision to be overturned so they can mob the ref as much as they like really. It looks ugly and should be put a stop to. Anyway Dundalk's 'dark arts' is cute game management of course, definitely at the margins not on them yet ;p

Not cutting grass, narrowing a pitch, only watering one half of a pitch, flooding visitor dressing rooms, turning on sprinklers when teams are trying to warm up, it all counts doesnt it?
    Last edited by Nesta99; 15/05/2019 at 12:23 PM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    I was being facetious, and I know LoI refs are poor and have a conspiracy against [insert team name here] but my point is that if Dundalk are cheating, diving, badgering, leaving the foot in more than other clubs they are doing it with such exceptional skill that the are actually receiving a fraction of the cards of other teams who apparently do less cheating, diving, badgering and leaving the foot in.
    While it doesn't really change the point you're making, there's a lot more to the Fair Play award than just yellow cards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    While it doesn't really change the point you're making, there's a lot more to the Fair Play award than just yellow cards.
    Cork fans would be the experts able to give us details on that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    We're better at everything and don't forget it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    We're better at everything and don't forget it
    except letting go or taking any criticism (however remote)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Hi pot

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    2018 2nd to Cork
    2017 1st
    2016 1st
    2015 1st
    2014 1st
    I'm not sure you quite understand what the term "dark arts" means in a sporting context.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    How dare you!! Of course we can take criticism, you are just completely jealous of our fantasticism, jealous that we can do no wrong and the penalty was IN the box!! FFS. How can you even consider that we are not the best even at cheating???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Some amount of nastiness from the full timers too.2-0 ahead and another boot left in on 93rd minute to break Conor Levingstons foot.
    Glad that Conor Levingston got to Lourdes in midweek to miraculously play with a broken foot against St Pats tonight

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Congrats to Wexford Orthopaedic Unit on getting him right post assault.
    Might even adopt them as our local hospital charity.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Also thanks for your somewhat delayed interest in that injury.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Also thanks for your somewhat delayed interest in that injury.
    I asked you about it way back, but you ignored the inquiry.............

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post

I didn't notice the Conor Levingston injury that you mentioned so can't really comment on how it happened. Was there even a free kick awarded?

As regards the Georgie Kelly / Darragh Leahy incident, there was certainly no contact, no foul and no free. No reaction from the ref or linesman either.

There seems to be hysterical reactions from Bohs fans after every defeat.
    No surprise to me that it seems that you may have exaggerated about Lazarus Levingston.

Do you think he will play on Monday?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Thanks for confiming your initial lack of interest in the injury .
    I simply recorded the initial opinion in the club pre x ray/ scan,
    Delighted for him that he didn't suffer a broken foot in the incident that you didnt see,and amazed that he played last night despite being on the announced injury list.
    Tough game v Pats last night a lot of tired bodies. Would expect Long to play the under 19's and squad players against you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345