Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    My god I thought he was that and more when we played him in 2015
    Has he got a Dorian Grey ? ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    I haven’t seen it discussed on here yet, but Begovic’s move to everton has presented a great chance to Mark. Bournemouth have been unable to replace Amir yet, and may back Mark if he does well preseason. Mark has started all the preseason games so far so fingers crossed things will go well! It’s conceivable we could have young goalkeepers starting for championship and league one promotion chasing sides, as well as another young keeper playing all the cup games and being primary back up for league games for one of the top European sides

3. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Bournemouth are today reportedly in for Bailey Peacock-Farrell, and almost signed Freddie Woodman recently, his even going so far as to have a medical with the club, before injuries at Newcastle meant the move was eventually nixed.

I'd be (very pleasantly) surprised if Travers was Bournemouth Number 1 this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Closed Account View Post
    Mark Travers starts today for Bournemouth in the Premier League. Best of luck.
    Who's this Closed Account fella!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by livehead1 View Post
    Who's this Closed Account fella!?
    it was cfdh_edmundo, he asked for his account to be deleted a little while ago
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

7. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Travers with a clean sheet today in league cup vs MK Dons. He seems to have done okay and made one very good save.

Kilkenny was MOTM as a holding midfielder, which Scott Parker said is how he sees him during an interview this week. I wonder if he has the defensive side for a holding midfielder. Perhaps, more like the style of Pirlo… Either way, it’s great to see him do so well preseason and now in league cup. He has a genuine chance at breaking through this year
    Last edited by tommy_c12000; 31/07/2021 at 5:32 PM.

9. Thanks From:

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Travers, Kilkenny, Robinson and O'Shea all starting tonight.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Saw the game on TV today - Travers made one good save from a Robinson shot - could possibly have done better with O'Shea's goal, but no chance with Robinson's. Looked vulnerable under crosses but got one good punch away late in the game.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Do you think that re O'Shea's? It was close range and O'Shea accounted for the fact that it was close range by putting down into the ground. Travers couldn't have got down to that in my view.

13. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    I don't think he was at fault for the O'Shea goal, it was a great header. He still looks vulnerable from crosses though and I'd say he is unlikely to hold on to the jersey at Bournemouth unfortunately. On the face of it he has all the attributes to make it as a top keeper but something seems to be missing - possibly just confidence, but that's hugely important. Well behind Bazunu and Kelleher in the Ireland setup at this point I'd say.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    I wonder would a good year of 40 games at League One or Two or the SPL or even on the continent just help him with that confidence piece? It just feels like it to me.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Would help him massively I'd say. There's a big difference between him and Bazunu in confidence just watching them play. Bazunu looks completely unfazed by everything. A year getting peppered with shots down at Rochdale had to have been good for him.

Our keepers need to play now more than anything. It's hard to see Travers keeping his spot at Bournmouth just from watching him play so far.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    I watched Bournemouth vs QPR from 75 mins onwards on SKY last night. Bournemouth were 2-1 up at the time and that's how it finished. Travers was busy throughout the bit I saw. One really super diving save from a header and then 3 or 4 good saves, including one from close range in the 6th or 7th minute of injury time. Only blot on his copybook was a flap at a corner that he missed completely, the ball landing on a QPR's guy's head from only a yard or two out that bounced safely into Travers' arms after a scramble. It could just as easily have bounced straight into the net and it'd have been a direct error, but he deserved his luck.

He has a fantastic physical presence. He makes the goals look tiny. Once or twice he went to cover a shot going over the bar and his reach was about 2-3 feet higher than the crossbar. In fact after one good save he followed up with an agile tip over but the shot was probably already a fair bit over the bar.

Overall very good but I'd like to have seen him deal with that corner better. It left a little nagging doubt in my head, especially after Tadic caused so much trouble in Belgrade with his pin-point corner delivery.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    His passing wasn't great
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Well, is that on him or is that how Bournemouth play?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    I was going to add I didn't notice anything one way or the other wrt distribution. I'd say Bazunu's international passing stats are strong but augmented by short 5-10 meter passes inside his own box, giving him 20 completed passes per match of no degree of difficulty whatsoever.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts
    Good to see Travers doing well at club level and Parker trusting him to be their number one this season. GK is a position we've got sown up for years to come.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    There's a tweet doing the rounds (yesterday) of Travers making a super save at the weekend. Dangerous inswinging free kick, forward gets a head on it, Travers dives left to push it away. Quality save.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    This one?

26. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    No, it was another one from a dangerous inswinging free kick where the forward gets a head on it and Travers dives left to push it away.

28. Thanks From:

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast