Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Travers G Bournmouth b.1999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    I see it as simply a touch to tee it up for a clean strike.
    Fair enough. I think he causes himself a major problem by rolling his studs over it the way he does, far riskier that controlling it in a normal way and it led to the panic of the rushed kick, when he could really have passed it to the centre back alongside him, who was still in a reasonable amount of space to receive the ball and work it out. I agree the ball back to him in the first place was far from ideal though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I've just looked at the highlights of the first goal, and taken a screenshot immediately after he touched the ball first.
    I didn't see the game, and haven't looked at the line ups, by judging where Ake is, they're either playing 3 at the back, or I assume he's left back.

Honestly, if I'm the coach there, I'm ****ed with my cb's for two reasons.
    - firstly, the pass to Travers is slow: and goalkeepers are rightly wary of the ball in the central goal area, the most unpredictable surface on a pitch;
    - secondly, the CB about to receive the ball (Cook?) is too central. It's bad positioning for two reasons:
    a - he's too close to Travers to receive a pass that he can do something with, and also is reachable by Deeney
    b - he's condensed the pitch for the Watford press. The ball is only going to go one place. It's reduced the variables. In his current position if a mistake is made, he's not going to prevent a goal, therefore he's commited to being of assistance as an out-ball for the keeper. If you've done that, then do it properly, give yourself the extra 5 yds. that way Ake can really hug the line, and it means there is more space for the Bmouth player in the middle of the press to be a viable receiving option.

That Watford press is exactly what you expect your offensive players to do as a coach. Bournemouth simply made their job easier.

travers mistake.jpg

The full red lines are where I think the Bmouth players should be; the staggered red is where I would expect the Watford players to be if that happened, and the blue lines are the options that are then available.

And yes, the first touch by Travers isn't great, but it wasn't horrific.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

3. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Certainly Travers is more to blame than anyone else. He has several other options there varying in level of risk and the “rolling” of the ball as opposed to taking a more assured first touch certainly seems to leave him if not exactly off balance then appearing awkward in making the pass.

He can go long there, use the centre midfielder who has dropped back, forward it straight away on to his nearest team mate taking out the risk of a touch.

It is tricky yes but he has options and he has simply messed it up.

The fact that Bournemouth play out from the back doesn’t cut it as an excuse either, he is a goalkeeper and as such will have to do many things that may be out of sync with the tactical approach to the game. He has to have the confidence, decisiveness and independent streak to deal with that as he sees fit. (See Alisson for Liverpool at Spurs for example, just clearing it when required)

He has said he will learn from it and I am sure he will.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    the CB about to receive the ball (Cook?) is too central.
    In fairness to Cook, I think he believes play has moved over to the right hand side, he's probably not expecting the ball to be returned to Travers, but to be moved on to the player on the very far side hogging the touchline, as it probably should have been. Even from your still shot there I think Travers can slip it quickly to Cook who can move it on to Ake. He could have done it more efficiently still if he controlled the ball properly. I'm with DCWA overall, regardless of the case to be made to incriminate some other players, it's a very poor moment for Travers and hopefully he will learn from it. I've liked the look of him otherwise.

7. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Travers made a balls of it lads, his defense was awful but he is the bad guy here

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    Gets another game under his belt, as Bournemouth bow out of the FA Cup against Arsenal, with Kilkenny on the bench. Unfortunately we probably won't see him again this season unless Bournemouth are assured of safety or relegated with a couple of games left: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51208535

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    I watched it. Couldn’t do anything about goals, not much else to do other than one good save in first half. I strongly feel he needs a loan move. I understand it’s not as vital for keepers but they still need to get as much experience as possible at a young age as there is only so much work u can do on the training ground; there’s plenty of aspects to keeping that u can’t learn on the training ground or playing Mickey Mouse underage games. Travers looks very good, but only has non league experience. A 4 month loan to league 1 or 2 would be fantastic, doubt if champ team will come in

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Ramsdale has got Corona virus, but I think he'll recover before the PL restarts, so I don't think Travers will necessarily get more game time.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo View Post
    Ramsdale has got Corona virus, but I think he'll recover before the PL restarts, so I don't think Travers will necessarily get more game time.
    Won't Ramsdale have to sit out two weeks of training now though? That might help Travers' cause.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Will partially depend on how bad his symptoms are. A friend of mine (mid 30s, physically fit) got it. Was sick for six weeks (never at risk of hospitalization). Took him another six weeks or so to be able to do anything more than a 10 min jog (he seems to be almost back to normal now).

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Ramsdale confirmed he is asymptomatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Won't Ramsdale have to sit out two weeks of training now though? That might help Travers' cause.
    Yes, he will have to train at home for two weeks so will surely help Travers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Bournemouth have accepted an £18.5mil bid from Sheffield United for Aaron Ramsdale.

This can only be good for Travers and there's a high chance he begins the season as their no.1.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Fingers crossed they don't dip into the market. The fact that they have hired their new manager from within is a huge benefit for Travers. A new outside manager might come in and see that return and think of spending 5m plus on a replacement and have some spare change for the squad. Hopefully they trust him.

18. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Since they have lost their number 1 and 2 they will almost certainly need to sign a new keeper.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Starts today V Blackburn
    This is his chance, got to stay in now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Starts today V Blackburn
    At fault for Blackburn's goal by some accounts. A shot from 35 yards-plus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Oh dear.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Starts today V Blackburn
    Ah well ��
    Tis the hope that kills you as they say.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    300 Posts
    Obviously unsighted!

Seriously, though, he's still part of a winning side, so it hopefully won't dent the lad's confidence too much.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast