Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 108 of 108

Thread: Weekend Games 3-4 May

  1. #101
    First Team seand's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Maynooth
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    359
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    398
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Maybe not and I was reading this am it was the first time in almost 20 years it happened at home in league game, but Derry beat Dundalk 3-1 under Kenny in oriel park in 2013.

    Two top quality strikes btw from Sligo last night.
    We threw away a 2 goal lead at home to Derry in the 2016 cup semifinal, under Kenny. The extra game didn't help

  2. #102
    Formerly: londonred dublinred's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Fingal
    Posts
    1,011
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    The scum of the earth aren't even fit.
    Three layered bulb head has a problem over a screamer goal.
    Imagine going all the way to Sligo to end up in clink.......
    But will they end up in jail , expect they are held for a while then let out back on buses if this fella got a 3 month stint in Castlerea it would put a quick stop to the pitch invasions.
    63.00

  3. #103
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    2,971
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    326
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    558
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dublinred View Post
    But will they end up in jail , expect they are held for a while then let out back on buses if this fella got a 3 month stint in Castlerea it would put a quick stop to the pitch invasions.
    The law is not sufficient to deter these type of idiots.All clubs should ban anyone charged with offences like this and photos etc supplied to clubs for 'away' games to ensure they do not gain admittance. I appreciate that clubs don't like 'turning away money' but in the longer term the game would be better for it. Nobody wants their kids looking at these clowns and they deter many times more than they encourage.
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

  4. #104
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,130
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    787
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    633
    Thanked in
    422 Posts
    I dont think there is a specific laws to charge idiots that run on to a pitch for example? Im sure there are laws that could be made fit if Gardai were willing though. I vaguely remember a chap running across the pitch in Oriel from The Shed side to just in front of Drogheda fans. He was caught and chucked out but Gardaí stated after that it was an internal matter for the club to deal with, mentioning that it happened on 'private property' so not a civil issue. Didnt make a whole lot of sense to me - ok he was caught before he got close enough to try and thump someone but if he had managed to, being on private property wouldnt have meant he couldnt be charged! Drunk in a public place, incitement etc he surely could have been charged with!? Maybe laws have changed or Gardaí are not quite as lax in attitude but there should be something more than a club ban to discourage muppets from being muppets....

  5. #105
    Seasoned Pro NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gouldavoher
    Posts
    3,948
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    222
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    550
    Thanked in
    374 Posts
    As far as I am aware there is no specific law that deals with invading a sporting pitch during an event. You would say trespassing maybe, but in Ireland I think that only applies to homes and farmland. The Public Order Act also covers public events, but it's more in terms of stopping people from entering them when intoxicated, etc.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

  6. #106
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,510
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    68
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    289
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I dont think there is a specific laws to charge idiots that run on to a pitch for example? Im sure there are laws that could be made fit if Gardai were willing though. I vaguely remember a chap running across the pitch in Oriel from The Shed side to just in front of Drogheda fans. He was caught and chucked out but Gardaí stated after that it was an internal matter for the club to deal with, mentioning that it happened on 'private property' so not a civil issue. Didnt make a whole lot of sense to me - ok he was caught before he got close enough to try and thump someone but if he had managed to, being on private property wouldnt have meant he couldnt be charged! Drunk in a public place, incitement etc he surely could have been charged with!? Maybe laws have changed or Gardaí are not quite as lax in attitude but there should be something more than a club ban to discourage muppets from being muppets....
    The muppet who ran on the pitch in Tallaght against (i think Sligo) having taken his top off and enjoyed being chased by stewards was hauled in front of a judge, i read it in a newspaper which i can't find with a quick google now unfortunately.
    I didnt see what his sentence was but the guards did prosecute so if they want to they can.
    Last edited by sbgawa; 08/05/2019 at 11:13 AM.

  7. #107
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,130
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    787
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    633
    Thanked in
    422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    if they want to they can.
    That's what I would have presumed myself!

  8. #108
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    2,971
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    326
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    558
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    The muppet who ran on the pitch in Tallaght against (i think Sligo) having taken his top off and enjoyed being chased by stewards was hauled in front of a judge, i read it in a newspaper which i can't find with a quick google now unfortunately.
    I didnt see what his sentence was but the guards did prosecute so if they want to they can.
    they can prosecute for trespass (and possibly public order issues) but the cost is not worth it and the DPP usually will not pursue the case.Unless there is specific laws brought in with realistic sentencing we will not deter the numpties.
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Weekend Games 5th May
    By passinginterest in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 10/05/2017, 7:12 AM
  2. This Weekend's Games
    By sligoman in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 11/04/2010, 1:00 PM
  3. What Games are on this Weekend (LDL) ?
    By Soccer Lover in forum Junior League
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13/01/2007, 2:23 PM
  4. Weekend Games 1 - 3 Dec
    By el punter in forum Irish League
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01/12/2006, 9:43 AM
  5. This Weekend's Games
    By Raheny Red in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10/07/2006, 10:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •