Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekend Games 3-4 May

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    On the ref (Rob Hennessey), I thought he was grand, up until after we had our penalty.
    Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, and Cork are great at drawing a foul when there's one going. We aren't, we probably need to be cuter.
    Funnily enough, not being cute and mastering the dark arts is something I've criticised Cork City for over the years. Interesting that you think we are good at it.

This isn't something I have noticed with Dundalk in previous seasons, but there was a bit of off the ball fouling, which occasionally got called out, usually wasn't. Interesting change from the Kenny era.
    Oh it was definitely there alright. Masters at it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Kindly **** off now Kenny, maybe Rovers will let you manage their under 15s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    After the penalty, the ref bought everything Dundalk went for. There must have been a dozen odd frees in a row he gave to Dundalk. This isn't something I have noticed with Dundalk in previous seasons, but there was a bit of off the ball fouling, which occasionally got called out, usually wasn't. Interesting change from the Kenny era.
    ?????????????????

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    cabo are by far our closest challengers. will gladly take the draw at home next week! the way Rob Manley is playing at present I wonder have we signed the wrong brother? the way hes playing he could easily get 1st division player of the season and could do a Georgie Kelly!
    never underestimate PD and EG mgt team for cabo!
    Shels dominated Cabinteely last night on that car park pitch, a game that one sided normally would have resulted in a 3 goal win but no Shels can't finish the ball into the net and lose, an embarrassment to lose that game.

Longford were my title favourites before the season and barring a collapse it's there for the taking. I don't see Cabinteely as serious contenders, the inexperienced managers of Shels and Bray are struggling, Drogheda are going backwards and the mess going on in Limerick should rule them out
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    I said it the other day, but pats have too many players just there getting a wage. The player's need to get their ar$e in gear, and it's Harry Kenny's job you do that I guess. Work to be done. Firing him would be utter stupidity, but hey I guess I'm biased when it comes to H.
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Some mid life crisis you Pats fans are having.Mood swings all over the place.
    Pats were crap last season with Buclkey , very convenient to blame all your woes on HK..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Some mid life crisis you Pats fans are having.Mood swings all over the place.
    Pats were crap last season with Buclkey , very convenient to blame all your woes on HK..
    If you can’t blame the man that signs the players, trains the team , picks the tactics then who do you blame ? Shake your fist at the sky maybe !

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Being a classless cvnt and a Rovers legend are not mutually exclusive then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    If you can’t blame the man that signs the players, trains the team , picks the tactics then who do you blame ? Shake your fist at the sky maybe !
    I think Liam O Brien was the mastermind behind Kenny when he was at Bray.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Strummer View Post
    I think Liam O Brien was the mastermind behind Kenny when he was at Bray.
    Interestinb tidbit of information didn’t know LOB was his assistant at Bray, he is a very experienced coach.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fermoy Blue View Post
    Being a classless cvnt and a Rovers legend are not mutually exclusive then?
    The only classless cvnts are the ones singing a song praising a known sex predator.
    And you'll be losing your manager soon as well. 😜
    Shamrock Rovers- Where trophies are won and envy is scarce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Interestinb tidbit of information didn’t know LOB was his assistant at Bray, he is a very experienced coach.
    We offered him the job too but lowballed him and he turned it down. Looking like a bit of an oversight at the moment...

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Jesus Christ. Losing to Harps is bad, but this is a hammering
    I remember chatting to a few of you after the Belfield game and you said it had been coming, performances had been good and that combined with us being bad on the night made it a very one sided affair. Last night was the same but in reverse.

Harps were solid and UCD resorted to launching it at times, on the counter and in general we were excellent and played some great football. We probably should have been out of sight a lot sooner.

Massive relief for us to find a bit of form, we needed it as morale at the club was on the floor and attendances were tanking completely.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post
    Funnily enough, not being cute and mastering the dark arts is something I've criticised Cork City for over the years. Interesting that you think we are good at it.

You were the most cynical, cheating team I've seen all season, last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Dundalk should have been home and hosed after going two up. I'd forgive the first goal, but the second was slack defending. Toal leaving his man unmarked, poor stuff.

The penalty, according to Dundalk fans we were chatting to afterwards, was for a handball. Despite being the closest to it, we'd no idea what it was for.

Dundalk made a real effort after the equaliser, you wouldn't have known they were a goal down. We were glad to see the final whistle.

On the ref (Rob Hennessey), I thought he was grand, up until after we had our penalty.
    Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, and Cork are great at drawing a foul when there's one going. We aren't, we probably need to be cuter.
    After the penalty, the ref bought everything Dundalk went for. There must have been a dozen odd frees in a row he gave to Dundalk. This isn't something I have noticed with Dundalk in previous seasons, but there was a bit of off the ball fouling, which occasionally got called out, usually wasn't. Interesting change from the Kenny era.

Happy with the result from the Derry end. This time last year, we'd have lost that by four or five. A bit of heart has come back.

On Oriel, the new toilets were open. No hot water or hand towels, but there was heating.
    The chip van has upgraded their produce, a serious contender for best chips in the league, especially considering the sad decline of the Finn Park away side van.
    Best of all, no holding us in after the game for 10 minutes, and no gardaí with the dogs.
    Restore access to the bar, and you almost forgive the fact you can't see the nearside, left hand corner area of the pitch from the away section.
    Looking at the RTE highlights, it was not given for a handball, seems to be given for holding but there was no obvious foul viable in the footage. Even if there was a foul, I fail to see what the yellow card offence was.

I though the ref was deplorable all game. He blew up constantly, would not play advantage (when there was a clear advantage), and allowed persistent fouling to go unchecked. he was out of the depth, he should go back to schoolboy games for more experience and training.

Dundalk were very poor and didn't deserve three points but should have seen the game out when 2-0 up.
    Last edited by White Horse; 04/05/2019 at 1:54 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Looking at the RTE highlights, it was not given for a handball, seems to be given for holding but there was no obvious foul viable in the footage. Even if there was a foul, I fail to see what the yellow card offence was.

I though the ref was deplorable all game. He blew up constantly, would not play advantage (when there was a clear advantage), and allowed persistent fouling to go unchecked. he was out of the depth, he should go back to schoolboy games for more experience and training.

Dundalk were very poor and didn't deserve three points but should have seen the game out when 2-0 up.
    Seems to have been given for a push, hard to see if there is one as the camera pans just as whatever happened happened but the ref is right there and a push isn't exactly something that he could really get wrong from that distance. The lack of appeals could be put down to the decision being made immediately and once he makes that decision he has to give a yellow really.
    Last edited by RathfarnhamHoop; 04/05/2019 at 2:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Great win for Waterford away at St Pats. It was my first visit to Richmond Park and an enjoyable one with the Blues fans in fine voice in 2nd half with a few chants directed at St Pats over the Europa League controversy. First half was even enough with not many chances. Akinade came on and scored his 2nd goal in 4 games off the bench after a nice move. Elbouzidi made it 2 with a good finish soon after. Pats pressed for a goal back and had a few chances but Waterford broke away to get number 3 with Drinan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post

Hennessey was awful alright.In a game that wasn't dirty(as dirty goes) he somehow managed to book 6 players(4,Derry 2 Dlk) and send 1 off. 'Hennessey roulette' anytime he whistled for what he deemed to be a foul in 50/50 clashes(most of which weren't fouls at all);who's going to get this one? Making it up as he went along it seemed! He's terrible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohs11 View Post
    You were the most cynical, cheating team I've seen all season, last night.
    I'm delighted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sullanefc View Post

Worst display of time wasting ever at Dalymount, Cork were embarrassing.
    Very tepid performance from Bohs looked leggy and lacked any zip. Cork scored off a free kick and played 11 behind the ball after that. They defended well but Bohs were limited and never got at them. Maybe the busy recent schedule caught up with us or maybe it was an off day but definitely our worst performance for a while.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast