Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: City winger happy to be back at Turner's Cross

Neil

City winger happy to be back at Turner's Cross

Tuesday, February 26th, 2002
    Cork City winger Colin O'Brien remains hopeful that the struggling southerners can secure a place in Europe in the summer.

City's form of late has been very poor and they slipped to another home defeat on Sunday, when League leaders Shelbourne recorded a 1-0 victory at Turner's Cross.

And if O'Brien were disappointed after the defeat, he was thrilled to be back playing in the Cork colours for the first time since he went lon loan to Waterford three months ago.

"I wasn't getting a regular game at City earlier in the season and thought it was important to keep playing. I enjoyed my time at Waterford but I was confident I could still do a job at Cork," he told Mick Conroy of the Irish Sun.

"It was good to get a start - but obviously disappointing to lose. The players worked hard but nothing seemed to be going for us. I thought both teams cancelled each other out and there were very few chances for either side."

The pacy midfielder, who turns 27 on Thursday, still believes the Leesiders can recover and claim a place in the Intertoto Cup.

He said: "This club is used to European football and we have to believe we can still achieve that. I know it is a tall order but we normally finish the season very well. We have five games to go so if we take 15 points it should get us there.

"It is important we work hard and take responsibility on the pitch. Some of the players are still learning at this level but I'm sure one good result will get us back on track."

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Hard to judge him on sundays game but seems like he getting a game by default at the moment cos there no one choice.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Theres Bucks & Mulconroy. I thought that the right was used alot more in the Shels & Pats games than usual (ie since the roumers about Ollie appeared)
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    id prefer hartigan to play. colin is not fit enuff

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hartigan would make a flying winger alright

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    im saying the team should be resuffled to make way for hartigan.we cant afford to have hartigan as a sub. our goals have dryed up.