Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAI Senior Cup First Round

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIFFORD
    Brilliant that Wayside are going to win the FAI Senior Cup, brillo that they have never ever lost a football match and brillo that you can actually read my comments and turn them into some extraordinary spin. Roll on the 15th and the visit of the cocky Dubs, we'll enjoy the experience. As I said keep it comin, the team talk is writing itself before our eyes. Wait til I let the lads know of wayside arrogence.
    in fairness to drummerboy he never made any reference to Waysides cockiness. Can't see where you are getting that from.
    Bit strange the management team being away. I know its an annual thing but its still the FAI Cup. Missing 3 players ain't a huge thing with a squad the size of Rockmounts, I must say I was surprised to say the least when I saw the result.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    in fairness to drummerboy he never made any reference to Waysides cockiness. Can't see where you are getting that from.
    Bit strange the management team being away. I know its an annual thing but its still the FAI Cup. Missing 3 players ain't a huge thing with a squad the size of Rockmounts, I must say I was surprised to say the least when I saw the result.

"Rockmount will have to get their act together before they play Wayside, who seem to be getting stronger as the season goes on." That comment to me suggest he thinks Wayside will cream Rockmount. Fair enough if he thinks the Mount underestimated Lisadell, we'll see.

With regard to the lads goin - I made this comment last night:
    "One of those days for the Mount, a load of things against us during the week, but no excuses on the day". Don't think you could blame lads for not wanting to lose a fortune invested in holidays, FAI didn't want to play ball after MSL gave us the permission to go ahead. Maybe your missus/bloke would let you throw away a few hundred quid, but some of us aren't as fortunate. Why not come up to Billy and the lads and question their committment next time we play eh? Rubbish.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    "The Mount will have trouble v Lisadell, hopefully will come through," that's my comment from this thread on Friday, where the cockiness there?

Aw poor diddums, out of bed on the wrong side this morn? Lookin for someone to rough up on the other end of a computer?

Brilliant that Wayside are going to win the FAI Senior Cup, brillo that they have never ever lost a football match and brillo that you can actually read my comments and turn them into some extraordinary spin. Roll on the 15th and the visit of the cocky Dubs, we'll enjoy the experience. As I said keep it comin, the team talk is writing itself before our eyes. Wait til I let the lads know of wayside arrogance.
    I have absolutely nothing to do with Wayside. You were on this forum gloating about beating Belgrove. I think Rockmount players will be embarrassed by your ranting here. If you need me to write your teamtalks pm me and I'll send my rates on, obviously your management must to heading off again.
    Always look on the bright side of life

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    I have absolutely nothing to do with Wayside. You were on this forum gloating about beating Belgrove. I think Rockmount players will be embarrassed by your ranting here. If you need me to write your teamtalks pm me and I'll send my rates on, obviously your management must to heading off again.
    Belgrove was two weeks ago, come on get with the programme. Move with the times.

I believe the protocol here is attack the post not the poster. That's very naughty of you to be so mean to me. I wonder should you be banned?

The lads need no motivation from me at all, it amazes me how worked up lads/lasses become when it doesn't even involve their own club. I know it's Monday, but don't be so aggressive and uptight, have a laugh once in a while.
    The above is all opinion and based on personal experience. Unless stated otherwise it is not a dig at anybody, well probably none of you lot.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    "Rockmount will have to get their act together before they play Wayside, who seem to be getting stronger as the season goes on." That comment to me suggest he thinks Wayside will cream Rockmount. Fair enough if he thinks the Mount underestimated Lisadell, we'll see.
    I took the comment to mean Wayside are a good side and that Rockmount can't afford any performances like yesterday on the 15th or they will lose, I'd take his word on the Wayside improving cos I don't follow the LSL.

With regard to the lads goin - I made this comment last night:"One of those days for the Mount, a load of things against us during the week, but no excuses on the day". Don't think you could blame lads for not wanting to lose a fortune invested in holidays, FAI didn't want to play ball after MSL gave us the permission to go ahead. Maybe your missus/bloke would let you throw away a few hundred quid, but some of us aren't as fortunate. Why not come up to Billy and the lads and question their committment next time we play eh? Rubbish.
    I didn't say you were making excuses, just wanted to know the reasoning behing the trip. Was there a whole group went or just Billy & Assistant and who managed the team yesterday?
    Not saying they should throw away a few hundred quid but I thought the club might have chipped in a few bob. Again I wasn't questioning anyones commitment don't be so defensive but was surprised ye didn't get at least a draw to be honest.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razor
    I took the comment to mean Wayside are a good side and that Rockmount can't afford any performances like yesterday on the 15th or they will lose, I'd take his word on the Wayside improving cos I don't follow the LSL.

I didn't say you were making excuses, just wanted to know the reasoning behing the trip. Was there a whole group went or just Billy & Assistant and who managed the team yesterday?
    Not saying they should throw away a few hundred quid but I thought the club might have chipped in a few bob. Again I wasn't questioning anyones commitment don't be so defensive but was surprised ye didn't get at least a draw to be honest.
    Naw, the way we played yesterday Fermoy might even have beaten us. (I know, I know). Just one of those days, everything we tried failed to come off. I'd rather get that one out of the system in a cup we are never going to win (after last years cheating against us in Waterford by the ref). Who was on the line doesn't really matter cos the players know exactly what their role is and it just didn't happen. Lisadell were just superb on the day we weren't. I don't know enough about the LSL either, but we had a lovely day out with very friendly people who told us what is developing there. They are in two cup finals, I think flying in their lg and I'd venture that if they keep that squad together they will do very well in the future.

(I'm only winding up the Jackeen, he knows the Mount are a decent side and the final will be keenly contested and neither side will underestimate each other)

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We were ****e yesterday no excuses what so ever, Lissadel fought real hard, they came out on the pitch with the right attitude, we didn't, our lads were tired, they've all got their arse's slapped now and they'll never again be a performance like we've witnessed yesterday.

The Lissadel team stewards, support is excellent, got myself a Cork Jersey signed by the players so we got something from them Nice bunch of lads hope they do real well, they've a fine side

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    whats all this talk of wayside being brilliant they are ten points behind bangor in the league and behind belgrove and crumlin they are a very good physical strong side but i dont think rockmount should worry too much despite last week every team has a few days like that during a season i expect it to be a tight match between 2 evenly matched teams with a goal separating them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12