Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Fixtures 26-29 April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Reminds me a bit of the end of the Fenlon era at Rovers , team playing terrible football and not getting results but Fenlon didn't have Caulfields haul of trophies to fall back on.
    Still think its a bit mad that 13 games into the league the manager who holds all records for Cork can be sacked.
    That being said it didn't appear he had a plan B.
    Will be interesting to see how Cork line up/ play on Friday

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Reminds me a bit of the end of the Fenlon era at Rovers , team playing terrible football and not getting results but Fenlon didn't have Caulfields haul of trophies to fall back on.
    Still think its a bit mad that 13 games into the league the manager who holds all records for Cork can be sacked.
    That being said it didn't appear he had a plan B.
    Will be interesting to see how Cork line up/ play on Friday
    Has all the appearance of the players pulling the plug and lobbying against him with their contacts on the Foras board. Not a nice way to go given that he has had nothing other than remarkable success in every other year of his career.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Has all the appearance of the players pulling the plug and lobbying against him with their contacts on the Foras board.
    The players certainly looked like they couldn't have been arsed last week at the Brandywell. It was especially obvious after they went a goal down.
    Not exactly a fan of Caulfield or his style of play, but it feels like a harsh decision to sack him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    They players down in Cork have a lot to answer for, it is clear they have downed tools to get Caulfield out of the job. What has the reaction to be players been like lately down there from the Cork fans?
    Here on a technicality.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    They players down in Cork have a lot to answer for, it is clear they have downed tools to get Caulfield out of the job. What has the reaction to be players been like lately down there from the Cork fans?
    I really don't think this is the case. I think a bad run of form has led to a complete loss in confidence. They aren't just playing badly, they seem to have lost all ability to do simple things well. On Monday the effort was there. Players chasing down everything but unable to execute.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    I really don't think this is the case. I think a bad run of form has led to a complete loss in confidence. They aren't just playing badly, they seem to have lost all ability to do simple things well. On Monday the effort was there. Players chasing down everything but unable to execute.
    I suppose the wisdom or otherwise of pulling the plug will only become apparent when we see who comes in and how they do. cant say I ever took to JC or his style of football but still sad to see someone, who was among Corks most successful ever, be sacked.
    It seems all managerial careers are domed to end in failure (BTW hope any improvement happens AFTER Friday night !)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Not at all, no, but needs must. We'd Dunne on the bench but I think two 16 year olds in the backline would be too much even for Bradley. Finn was great for you though and it's great for us we have a captain who will sacrifice his own game to play wherever he's needed.
    Yes Finn was great for us no doubt, which is probably why he gets so much stick. Gave up a successful career for more money and an easier life. C'est la vie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    I suppose the wisdom or otherwise of pulling the plug will only become apparent when we see who comes in and how they do. cant say I ever took to JC or his style of football but still sad to see someone, who was among Corks most successful ever, be sacked.
    It seems all managerial careers are domed to end in failure (BTW hope any improvement happens AFTER Friday night !)
    I don't think the success or failure of his replacement has any bearing on whether remove JC was the right decision. I was always very pro Caulfield. I said before the game on Monday to my friends that we needed 7 points from the next three games or he had to go. Or 6 but with evidence of improved performances. We got neither the improved performance or the 3 points against Harps. I can't speak for the board but I'd imagine they had similar feelings, they wouldn't have wanted to sack him but they had to look at what was happening and see his inability to turn things around this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Nonsense. The effort was always there. There was no downing of tools. In fact I'd worry that we won't see the 'bounce' effect you normally do when a manager leaves.

12. Thanks From:

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910