Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 69

Thread: FAI Cup 2019

  1. #41
    Youth Team ArFella's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    247
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    173
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    77
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Draw is on Monday 8th at 19:00.

    Non-LoI teams are:
    Maynooth University Town
    Collinstown
    Malahide United F.C.
    Glebe North
    Lucan United
    Crumlin United
    Killester Donnycarney F.C.
    Wouldn't that only make up 27 teams? I read elsewhere that Avondale & St. Michael's are also in the draw, so still missing 3 teams by my count.
    Mon the Town!

  2. #42
    Youth Team ArFella's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    247
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    173
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    77
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_FAI_Cup

    Wikipedia has Cobh Wanderers, Glengad United & Letterkenny Rovers as the other 3 teams.

    First round scheduled for weekend of August 10th
    Mon the Town!

  3. #43
    Reserves joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    930
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Glengad and Letterkenny rovers in it as well
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  4. #44
    Seasoned Pro brendy_éire's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Up the town, Derry
    Posts
    3,119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    30
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    247
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    Completely ignored non-LSL sides!

    Maynooth University Town
    Collinstown
    Malahide United F.C.
    Glebe North
    Lucan United
    Crumlin United
    Killester Donnycarney F.C.
    Avondale United
    Cobh Wanderers
    Letterkenny Rovers
    Glengad United F.C.
    St. Michael's

  5. #45
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,891
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,864
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    524
    Thanked in
    439 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Completely ignored non-LSL sides!

    Maynooth University Town
    Collinstown
    Malahide United F.C.
    Glebe North
    Lucan United
    Crumlin United
    Killester Donnycarney F.C.
    Avondale United
    Cobh Wanderers
    Letterkenny Rovers
    Glengad United F.C.
    St. Michael's
    wheres glengad from as never heard of them? also will there be live coverage of it considerin soccer republic has bein massively scaled back?
    Neale Fenn red and black army

  6. #46
    Reserves joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    930
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    wheres glengad from as never heard of them? also will there be live coverage of it considerin soccer republic has bein massively scaled back?
    Glengads from North Inishowen, people think going to Ballybofey is a long trip you can add another hour on to get to Glengad!

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #47
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,891
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,864
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    524
    Thanked in
    439 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Glengads from North Inishowen, people think going to Ballybofey is a long trip you can add another hour on to get to Glengad!
    we played in buncrana in fai cup a few years back so i would imagine it is still a good bit up from there. sums up my ignorance when I spell the placename wrong!!
    Neale Fenn red and black army

  9. #48
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,628
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,300
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,031
    Thanked in
    1,771 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    wheres glengad from as never heard of them? also will there be live coverage of it considerin soccer republic has bein massively scaled back?
    Most northern club in Ireland as far as I know. Pitch is out in the middle of nowhere. They played their qualifying round game against Home Farm there. If they managed to draw another non-league club or small First Division club they'd push to have their game played there, but if they drew a bigger club they'd likely move the game to Maginn Park.

    It would certainly be an experience to anyone to go watch a game up there. Cracking surface, but no spectator facilities and barely even changing rooms there.

    EDIT: Second most Northern club, Sea Rovers in Malin Head are the most northern.
    Last edited by nigel-harps1954; 04/07/2019 at 5:52 PM.

  10. Thanks From:


  11. #49
    Seasoned Pro brendy_éire's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Up the town, Derry
    Posts
    3,119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    30
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    247
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    If they managed to draw another non-league club or small First Division club they'd push to have their game played there, but if they drew a bigger club they'd likely move the game to Maginn Park.
    One of those teams I'd always love to draw away (along with Fanad), but moving it to Buncrana would be far less craic, but totally understandable.

  12. #50
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    828
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    298
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    237
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Glengads from North Inishowen, people think going to Ballybofey is a long trip you can add another hour on to get to Glengad!
    Not if you're coming from Derry though

  13. #51
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,891
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,864
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    524
    Thanked in
    439 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Most northern club in Ireland as far as I know. Pitch is out in the middle of nowhere. They played their qualifying round game against Home Farm there. If they managed to draw another non-league club or small First Division club they'd push to have their game played there, but if they drew a bigger club they'd likely move the game to Maginn Park.

    It would certainly be an experience to anyone to go watch a game up there. Cracking surface, but no spectator facilities and barely even changing rooms there.

    EDIT: Second most Northern club, Sea Rovers in Malin Head are the most northern.
    so is glengad an actual village nigel and is it far from buncrana as I was there for the FAI Cup in 2015 but not in McGinn Park unfortunately!
    Neale Fenn red and black army

  14. #52
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,628
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,300
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,031
    Thanked in
    1,771 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    so is glengad an actual village nigel and is it far from buncrana as I was there for the FAI Cup in 2015 but not in McGinn Park unfortunately!
    It's a fair bit further north than Buncrana. You'd be talking about half an hour from Buncrana. There's a small village you'd say in Glengad, but the football pitch is out into the mountain bog area from there.

    It's not far from Malin Head.

  15. Thanks From:


  16. #53
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,891
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,864
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    524
    Thanked in
    439 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    It's a fair bit further north than Buncrana. You'd be talking about half an hour from Buncrana. There's a small village you'd say in Glengad, but the football pitch is out into the mountain bog area from there.

    It's not far from Malin Head.
    i would safely hazard a guess that it would be the highest ground in the 26 counties. and there was I thinking it would be Cobh!
    Neale Fenn red and black army

  17. #54
    Seasoned Pro brendy_éire's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Up the town, Derry
    Posts
    3,119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    30
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    247
    Thanked in
    173 Posts
    Now called the 'Extra.ie FAI Cup'.
    https://extra.ie/2019/07/08/sport/so...ment-kicks-off

    I've never heard of this website before, but it doesn't bode well when they don't seem to know what round of the cup this draw is for....

  18. #55
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,052
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    70
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    196
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Now called the 'Extra.ie FAI Cup'.
    https://extra.ie/2019/07/08/sport/so...ment-kicks-off

    I've never heard of this website before, but it doesn't bode well when they don't seem to know what round of the cup this draw is for....
    Owned by the Daily Mail.
    Prob trying to promote the digital side of their business by renaming it.

  19. #56
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    259
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    11
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Stream that's apparently recorded with a phone or tablet in portrait orientation also doesn't look too great...

  20. Thanks From:


  21. #57
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,007
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,310
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,558
    Thanked in
    1,588 Posts
    The draw is actually clashing with Soccer Republic now

    Idiots

  22. #58
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    625
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    52
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    80
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    The draw is actually clashing with Soccer Republic now

    Idiots
    Moronic but not surprising.

  23. #59
    First Team ToberonaTornado's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Faughart,Dundalk.
    Posts
    1,052
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    70
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    196
    Thanked in
    134 Posts
    UCD v Letterkenny Rovers
    Shamrock Rovers v Finn Harps
    St Patrick's Athletic v Bray Wanderers
    Cobh Wanderers v Limerick
    Maynooth University Town v Waterford
    Lucan United v Killester Donnycarney
    Bohemians v Shelbourne
    Cabinteely v Cork City
    Cobh Ramblers v Dundalk
    Crumlin United v Malahide United
    Collinstown v Galway United
    Longford Town v Athlone Town
    Glebe North v Sligo Rovers
    Derry City v Wexford
    St Michael's v Glengad United
    Drogheda United v Avondale United

  24. #60
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    828
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    298
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    237
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    A disappointing bunch of draws there in my view.

    Only Bohs-Shels, and possibly Pats-Bray, offer much in the way of excitement really.

    At least there'll be at least three non-league teams in the next round anyway.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Attendances 2019
    By ToberonaTornado in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 864
    Last Post: 23/07/2019, 8:23 PM
  2. League Cup 2019
    By pineapple stu in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 19/07/2019, 6:07 PM
  3. 2019 predictions
    By pineapple stu in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01/05/2019, 10:09 PM
  4. 2019 Season
    By ltfc_2004 in forum Longford Town
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09/04/2019, 4:34 PM
  5. Presidents Cup 9th Feb 2019
    By El-Pietro in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10/02/2019, 10:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •