Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Easter fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Really enjoyable game up until the madness started,Bohs looked the better side and I was really impressed with how they moved the ball and they seemed to be working just a little bit harder than Rovers.

Rovers missing Bolger in these big games and while Byrne,Finn and McEneff will be grand against most of the league against the better sides I think Bolger with 2 of them will be the way to go, they only just got away with it up in the Brandywell the other week.

One more small point just thought it was a shame RTE didn't have the game ,woulda looked great if the game had have been on free to air with little cross channel football to compete with.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Watched this on TV and the whole package was excellent. Packed house, big atmosphere and talented, well drilled players.
    I thought Shams were unlucky on both decisions really to be honest. This effectively killed their chance of taking anything from the game. I would go on a rant about the standard of referreeing but this is something we seem to have to learn to live with. Like being diagnosed with piles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Well that was an entertainly very-derby derby. bohs looked the better team with 11v11 and were very poor against 9. Poor enough to give Rovers hope when they should have stretched and tortured them.
    I thought at the time Grace's first yellow was harsh, the second I thought looked like it clearly hit his up-stretched arm. For me it's one of the 80% of handball penalties that shouldn't be given as he was 3-4 yards from the ball when it was struck. The fact that it hit him on the head apparently just goes to show what a nonsense all these handball penalties are.
    The Clarke one was interesting too, definitely denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity, but it looked inside the box, which would be a yellow and pen. It was a bit of a strange rule change that one- you're punished more harshly for a foul outside the box that inside it (certainly when the incident happens early in the match). McEneff probably should have gone for the same thing late on.
    Overall Rovers can write it off as a bit of a freak match and they performed really well with 9. Great atmosphere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Re Friday - Bradley just finished an interview on Eir sport and I quote what he said re Friday’s game “... great game to bounce back on we go up there and win the game....”

That quote should be enough to send the usual suspects into an apoplexy meltdown.

Have to say being a great league so far fir entertainment - proves yet again the League needs a strong Rovers
    I think we all coped CJ with Cork also challenging for the last 5 years !!! and the same club got a good few 6k + crowds and the odd 7k+ ones during that period.

Take nothing away from last night though, it was fantastic to see a brilliant stadium packed with such a good crowd, on a tuesday night.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    The Clarke one was interesting too, definitely denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity, but it looked inside the box, which would be a yellow and pen.
    I don't think so.

It's only 'downgraded' to a yellow if the foul happens as part of a legitimate attempt to get the ball. That tug on his arm doesn't qualify.

We had a red card and penalty last year at home to Waterford for the same reason - a pull back with the arm rather than an actual tackle.

6. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Jaysus don't jinx us.
    Hard to see how we could increase the attendance much on last night as by its nature the biggest crowds will bring the biggest away support and the guards will want to keep a Bigish gap between them.
    Add that to the pointless seat kills with netting and I'd say not much over 6500 is capacity.
    When the 4th stand is built next year even though the actual capacity will I
    Only increase by about 2000 the effective capacity will increase by up to 3000.
    Away allocation could increase to entire north stand less some seat kills approx 2000.
    Seemed like a Rovers decision, based on the fact they put home fans in the same stand too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohs11 View Post
    Seemed like a Rovers decision, based on the fact they put home fans in the same stand too.

No it was the guards i asked one of the stewards why the East stand wasn't being opened to Rovers fans when i got sick of having people walk past me (i was in the middle of the West stand)and walk back past me complaining there were no seats.
    He told me the East would be opened only as an overflow when West and South were full and only down as far as the first break (about a quarter way down at most leaving a bigish gap).
    They did that about 10 or 15 mins before KO.
    I'm guessing the thinking was the hard core supporters on both sides would be well settled by then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Never said I don't care about the derby.
    It's kinda funny comparing this week's marinobohs to last week's stamping feet and throwing toys out of pram Marino bohs .

Was that peno in oriel inside , at or around the box

Time will tell on shels.
    Enjoy the 3 points
    Toys out of pram ? Stamping feet ? Pot. Kettle 😁

Still waiting on the details of Shels master plan Oriel foul was OUTSIDE, obviously I didn’t make that clear enough for you ( NOT inside NOT at NOT around).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I thought I described you very well last week tbh and I don't think I've approached your level especially considering your peno was actually debateable, but that's for others to judge.

If u can't work out that shels with a financial backer will be signing your players for next season assuming they come up of course as well as the best coming home from England I can't help you.
    There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
    Last edited by sbgawa; 24/04/2019 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Why are there rows of seats left empty in the south stand?
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Why are there rows of seats left empty in the south stand?
    I'd say the logic is to stop pitch incursions. The overall operation seemed to work well last night. I can see the logic of only opening the East stand to home fans as an overflow too, the amount of dead seats to separate the home and away fans could certainly be reduced for less "high-risk" games if required.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    I thought I described you very well last week tbh and I don't think I've approached your level especially considering your peno was actually debateable, but that's for others to judge.

If u can't work out that shels with a financial backer will be signing your players for next season assuming they come up of course as well as the best coming home from England I can't help you.
    There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
    Give it up sbgawa, the peno in Oriel was clear robbery and cheating by Connolly, Dundalk, the FAI, IRFU, Government, CIA and Trump. All trying to keep the "Big" club down.

The peno last night was just hard luck on Rovers, ref can't be blamed, how could he possibly be expected to see the ball hit his head from his position at that speed?

Told you marinobohs would be very sympathetic to your plight!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    The empty seats are covered with netting which means the only access to tyhe pitch is through narrow channels.
    It works kind of but around 100 rovers fans came on the pitch when mceneff scored against Derry so it's only sort of tbh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Give it up sbgawa, the peno in Oriel was clear robbery and cheating by Connolly, Dundalk, the FAI, IRFU, Government, CIA and Trump. All trying to keep the "Big" club down.

The peno last night was just hard luck on Rovers, ref can't be blamed, how could he possibly be expected to see the ball hit his head from his position at that speed?

Your right I give up should no better.
    See you in dalyer....Law of averages, new tradition

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Sean Kavanagh apparently picked up a knock last as well, should be fun seeing our defence on Friday. Could have 16 year old Alex Dunne making his debut as right back and Greene playing left back.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    The empty seats are covered with netting which means the only access to tyhe pitch is through narrow channels.
    It works kind of but around 100 rovers fans came on the pitch when mceneff scored against Derry so it's only sort of tbh
    Yas do like a pitch invasion when you score a goal in fairness.

My favourite one was when was 50 or so (knackers) on the pitch when you went 1 up V us in Tallaght only for Richie to score a Penalty near the end and we win the league

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post

If there's enough doubt that he can't be expected to see where it hit then surely it's not a penalty. It's bizarre to me that multiple people have suggested the default outcome is a penalty. Still, twas only Rovers, so it's all well that ends well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    If there's enough doubt that he can't be expected to see where it hit then surely it's not a penalty. It's bizarre to me that multiple people have suggested the default outcome is a penalty. Still, twas only Rovers, so it's all well that ends well.
    I was being sarcastic and suggesting that would be marinobohs view of the two incidents.

The ref had no doubt and that's all that matters

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Think a good bit of credit has to go to the gardai at the game last night. From what I saw they kept a low profile as much as they could and I think it really helps the atmosphere around the game in general. They get a lot of stick so it's only fair they get some praise when they do stuff right. When you compare what the police Scotland have at games and the problems having that big police presence causes they really deserve some credit

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Think a good bit of credit has to go to the gardai at the game last night. From what I saw they kept a low profile as much as they could and I think it really helps the atmosphere around the game in general. They get a lot of stick so it's only fair they get some praise when they do stuff right. When you compare what the police Scotland have at games and the problems having that big police presence causes they really deserve some credit
    That will change Friday in Dundalk. The Gardai will all be out for their overtime

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast