Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Easter fixtures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    That one didn't matter in the end, it was the grace header and the peno that made the difference.

At the risk of getting all sentimental 20 mins in I was thinking wow this league is really starting to go somewhere 6500 people on a Tuesday night and radio stations all day promoting the loi even with English matches on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    proves yet again the League needs a strong Rovers
    I think I've just given myself brain damage from excessive eye-rolling

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DFCForever View Post
    I think I've just given myself brain damage from excessive eye-rolling
    Would anyone notice...

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    That one didn't matter in the end, it was the grace header and the peno that made the difference.

At the risk of getting all sentimental 20 mins in I was thinking wow this league is really starting to go somewhere 6500 people on a Tuesday night and radio stations all day promoting the loi even with English matches on.
    Plenty of crowds of that size down this way over the last 5 years. Means nothing now. You are reading too much into it just because its in front of your eyes right now. The league is no better or worse off than its been in the past, just with different teams near the top of the table.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    By that logic a clear goalscoring opportunity only exists if a player has an open goal in front of him. Grant is bearing down on goal and likely to shoot before Lopes can realistically cover the ground, the fact that Clarke even makes such a cynical foul in the first place is an indicator in itself as he's surely not doing that if he's safe in the knowledge that Grant is going to be faced with the impossible task of having a defender near him AND a goalkeeper being in goal.

It's as clear a goalscoring opportunity as you are a Rovers fan for even debating the fact that Clarke denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity.

Rovers can count themselves very unfortunate otherwise but the ref got the free and red card call completely spot on.
    You're own wording even says is. A red card is given when there's a clear goalscoring opportunity, you can't assume a player is going to to get to the ball first you have to know they're getting there first.

All this is ignoring the fact if a touch like that can cause a player to fall over and another to be sent off we should just pack it all in the games gone beyond soft.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    You're own wording even says is. A red card is given when there's a clear goalscoring opportunity, you can't assume a player is going to to get to the ball first you have to know they're getting there first.

All this is ignoring the fact if a touch like that can cause a player to fall over and another to be sent off we should just pack it all in the games gone beyond soft.
    Ha. That's exactly how it works mate. You assume it's a goalscoring opportunity! Take your salt!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    its a game dundalk have to win. Rovers dont.
    Have no fears of Rovers going up to oriel on friday-get dan carr in the team and he'll run monkey Gartland into the ground,

sendings off killed the game tonight - 1st one looked a peno as he was inside the box, ref $hit himself realising he'd made a mistake and sent off clarke to even it up( in his own frenzied brain)
    2nd one wasnt even a penalty, corcoran misses the peno, lunges with 2 feet into mannus to score- nothing again from the ref. this fixture needs competent refs from outside the league as they seem to get caught up in the raw emotion of the game and lose control

bohs wont finish ahead of Rovers, dundalk or Derry at seasons end as they are toothless up front, even with a tidy midfield. they'll end up hoping Rovers win the cup just to get them a little jaunt to Europe.
    Rovers fans were brilliant tonight and backed the team nonstop- I heard more noise out of the 150 waterford fans in tallaght than the 1100 boez fans- sitting on their hands hoping they dont mess up their 2 man advantage.

Hoops are Top of the League!
    Here. endeth. The. Lesson. - on and off the pitch 😂😂😂😂😂
    Last edited by marinobohs; 23/04/2019 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    So to break it down Clarke was sent off when he wasn't last man back, Grace was booked in the third minute and an identical foul for Bohs went without a booking ten minutes later, Grace was then sent off for heading the ball putting rovers down to 9 men and giving Bohs a penalty and Bohs still needed a rebound off said penalty to look like scoring.

Supple saying he's blocking his head from the ref but if the ball at that power and distance hits your arm your arm is going backwards, Grace's arm doesn't but his head does, that alone shows it didn't hit his arm. Don't even get me started on Buckley getting away with gesturing for a card which is a bookable offence itself.
    Keep deluding yourself, it makes it even funnier for everyone else 😁
    How many games is that now that Bohs have been “lucky” against shams ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    It's not actually that unusual a run for either team.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    When does Bohs beating Rovers become a tradition and not a trend??

1st red card was an obvious professional foul and the ref was spot on.

Also FAO Placid Casual it wasn't Dinny that slid in two footed to take out Mannus after the penalty save. It was actually Joey O'Brien who buried him going in with both feet!! Should have been sent off for such a shocking challenge. Dont know how he didn't break his ribs

Dinny was the one playing the ball to score the goal.
    Last edited by wexfordned; 24/04/2019 at 12:11 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    When does Bohs beating Rovers become a tradition and not a trend??

1st red card was an obvious professional foul and the ref was spot on.

Also FAO Placid Casual it wasn't Dinny that slid in two footed to take out Mannus after the penalty save. It was actually Joey O'Brien who buried him going in with both feet!! Should have been sent off for such a shocking challenge. Dont know how he didn't break his ribs

Dinny was the one playing the ball to score the goal.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    You can say that again

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    It's not actually that unusual a run for either team.
    6 wins and a draw in 7 ? Just as well you “don’t care” about the derby 😆
    ....time to go back telling us how Shels are going to get us relegated, that was a classic 😎

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Here is my thoughts, first of all the pride i felt seeing the ground full and the atmosphere that both sets of supporters created, someone earlier said they heard more from 150 Waterford fans, rose tinted hearing aids. The grace booking after 3 minutes was petty considering its a Derby Match let things settle. We started poorly there were a couple of little balls in behind Clarke that we struggled to deal with Clarke's sending off hard to argue against but the Grace one was just nuts, even if the ball did strike his hand it was at 100 miles an hour ffs, yes its a penno then but to be sent off following a booking for very little that was harsh. Then the Pen, Mannus gets to it but it somehow ricochets of his hand back to the center of the goal where of course the penalty taker is where he is entitled to challenge for the ball. To me and i said this from the first 5 minutes i though we looked a little unbalanced on the RHS in front of O Brien Finn seemed to be drifting over to the left which really congested that side leaving no room for Clarke to run into. Rovers were excellent in the 2nd half with 9 men. Carr had a good chance and actually played well but Lopez i think was very unlucky as he had an effort following a scramble at a corner just clear the far post. Bohs Fans whistling for the ref to blow up as Rovers attacked in the last 10 minutes kinda says it all. Rovers fans are not shy about letting their team know what they think and as in Dalymount they were cheered off the pitch. Bohs tbf are really coming along as a football side and club. someone earlier poo pooed the Idea that the league needs a strong Rovers team what tosh the League does need a strong Rovers but it also needs a strong Bohs, Dundalk, Cork, Sligo etc for it to thrive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    6 wins and a draw in 7 ? Just as well you “don’t care” about the derby ��
    ....time to go back telling us how Shels are going to get us relegated, that was a classic ��
    Never said I don't care about the derby.
    It's kinda funny comparing this week's marinobohs to last week's stamping feet and throwing toys out of pram Marino bohs .

Was that peno in oriel inside , at or around the box

Time will tell on shels.
    Enjoy the 3 points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Attachment 2786Attachment 2786

Today's indo, at in or around the head
    Roll on friday

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    I thought it was shaping up to be a cracking game with 11 v 11. Bohs looked dangerous, but Rovers were starting to settle. I thought Rovers really missed Bolger holding in the middle. The reshuffle with Byrne playing more in the holding role and Watts coming in left the middle a bit more unbalanced. Watts just doesn't look fit this season and he's been a big disappointment after making a great impact last year. I've thought in previous games that Rovers could be vulnerable in the channels with the full back pushing on and Bohs really exposed that at times, using the impressive pace and skill of Grant and leading to the first yellow for Grace and the red for Clarke. I was a long way away, but the Clarke red, I thought was going to be a peno and a yellow card, rather than a free and a red, red seemed a bit harsh, but after Grace getting away with a similar one it wasn't overly surprising. Again, I was a long way from the pen, but I really thought it had hit Grace on the head, it all happened in a split second and his hand was obviously up, so I can see how the call was made, it's just a pity that the game was really over after that. Bohs support made great noise, to be fair, it largely drowned out the Rovers support where I was near the Square end of the main stand, especially either side of half time, when the home crowd was still in a bit of shock at going down to 9.

At half time I was thinking Rovers only way of staying in this is if Bohs drop the temp and are happy with 1-0 and that's what they did. Bohs hesitated to move the ball quick and really drag Rovers around, taking their time with throws and not committing enough men to really disrupt Rovers shape. Rovers did well to keep their discipline and seemed to realise that their best hope was to keep things tight and try nick something from a set piece late on. It nearly worked too. I was questioning Byrne's attitude a bit in the second half, he seemed to be getting a bit frustrated and wasn't working as hard as I thought he could have been, but I think it might have just been fatigue, because he looked like he could barely walk by the time he was taken off. Subs for Rovers made a good impact, Carr in particular, his awkward style really caused a few problems when he came in.

Overall hard to argue that Bohs didn't deserve the win, but Rovers will take a lot of positives from the performance with nine men. The trip to Dundalk will be a massive test, Finn, Byrne and a few others looked very tired. Add the two key players now suspended and a draw would have to be seen as a good result. If they go to Dundalk and win then they definitely have the look of a league winning squad. It's nice to be watching entertaining football in Tallaght again. The Fenlon years did a lot of damage, but there's a lot of positivity around the place now and hopefully the attendance might top 7,000 by the end of the season.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

21. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Here is my thoughts, first of all the pride i felt seeing the ground full and the atmosphere that both sets of supporters created, someone earlier said they heard more from 150 Waterford fans, rose tinted hearing aids. The grace booking after 3 minutes was petty considering its a Derby Match let things settle. We started poorly there were a couple of little balls in behind Clarke that we struggled to deal with Clarke's sending off hard to argue against but the Grace one was just nuts, even if the ball did strike his hand it was at 100 miles an hour ffs, yes its a penno then but to be sent off following a booking for very little that was harsh. Then the Pen, Mannus gets to it but it somehow ricochets of his hand back to the center of the goal where of course the penalty taker is where he is entitled to challenge for the ball. To me and i said this from the first 5 minutes i though we looked a little unbalanced on the RHS in front of O Brien Finn seemed to be drifting over to the left which really congested that side leaving no room for Clarke to run into. Rovers were excellent in the 2nd half with 9 men. Carr had a good chance and actually played well but Lopez i think was very unlucky as he had an effort following a scramble at a corner just clear the far post. Bohs Fans whistling for the ref to blow up as Rovers attacked in the last 10 minutes kinda says it all. Rovers fans are not shy about letting their team know what they think and as in Dalymount they were cheered off the pitch. Bohs tbf are really coming along as a football side and club. someone earlier poo pooed the Idea that the league needs a strong Rovers team what tosh the League does need a strong Rovers but it also needs a strong Bohs, Dundalk, Cork, Sligo etc for it to thrive.
    Agree with all that.
    The fact that Rovers continued to play in a structured disciplined way with 9 men, suggests to me that they are a very different team from last year and will finish ahead of Dundalk this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    they'll end up hoping Rovers win the cup just to get them a little jaunt to Europe.
    They better have their admin up to scratch
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Agree with all that.
    The fact that Rovers continued to play in a structured disciplined way with 9 men, suggests to me that they are a very different team from last year and will finish ahead of Dundalk this year.
    Jaysus don't jinx us.
    Hard to see how we could increase the attendance much on last night as by its nature the biggest crowds will bring the biggest away support and the guards will want to keep a Bigish gap between them.
    Add that to the pointless seat kills with netting and I'd say not much over 6500 is capacity.
    When the 4th stand is built next year even though the actual capacity will I
    Only increase by about 2000 the effective capacity will increase by up to 3000.
    Away allocation could increase to entire north stand less some seat kills approx 2000.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast