Thread: Easter fixtures

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Any word on Ciaran Gallaghers injury?

I have no idea - I hope he is okay, although he certainly landed awkwardly after punching clear.

With another 5 yellow cards for Harps, his potential loss from injury must be an issue on top of any suspensions.

Discipline is clearly a problem at Harps - the madcap sideline antics from Ollie Horgan and Paul Hegarty are somewhat entertaining, but hardly sets the right tone or example for the Harps players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Sligo were very lacklustre last night. Probably missed Murray but I'd be worried for them too, they're extremely light in midfield for a Buckley team.

We were ok, we don't seem to know what type of team we are yet though. Imposed ourselves on Sligo well in the first half and were comfortable, but trailed off badly in the second half. Having Drennan back was a big boost and he was probably the best player on the pitch, but I can't begrudge it being given to Forrester who scored a bit of a throwback goal that's worth a look.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Candystripe View Post
    At least 3,900 at the Brandywell tonight. 160+ watched it from the bar and 200 had no seats so had to stand behind the seats in Southend stand.
    Pity about the poor surface. Not that much better than Oriel.
    False hope is worse than no hope. Ask Sligo.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
    Pity about the poor surface. Not that much better than Oriel.
    It's normally quite good that one but looked very dry and not brushed last night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    To be honest I thought we just lost it in the first half with our tactics. We played very narrow in midfield when Pats were playing wing backs. Madden has probably never had as many touches as he had in the first half. Once we matched for second half we were a bit better. Should have made that change after about 15.

Overall though we were poor mind which is a pity after the last few games. Big relegation battle on Monday in Cork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Just flicking through Dundalks forum and noticed someone saying Georgie Kelly looked non plused about not getting on last night,does Perth not fancy him?
    If.If youse want him to get some football I know a wee club who'd give him a game!!!!!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Big relegation battle on Monday in Cork.
    Might be only 11 games in, but this genuinely is what Monday is. A lot have had enough with what has gone on so far this season, and another defeat here will really set alarm bells ringing. There seems to be no fight from the players. Have they tired of the tactics deployed from JC? Some tired of being played out of position? Players will always come out and say they are happy to play anywhere as long as they are playing, I'm not so sure about that.

In 2017, we were 18 points clear at the summer break. We now find ourselves 20 points off top spot in 2019 after just 11 games. Although we finished second and runners up in the cup last year, the decline has been ongoing since Maguire left and it has certainly escalated this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Des Kelly is open as per clubs twitter

https://twitter.com/bfcdublin/status...144316928?s=21
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Jodi Stand will probably be sold out (has been for every home game so far) given the nice evening etc club has opened the Des Kelly stand, which usually only opens for bigger away support. Anyone, home or away turning up without a ticket is better off going to the Des Kelly Stand.

Continuing the brilliant crowds st Dalymount this season 
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    The UCD fans page on twitter advises you to buy home tickets as des Kelly may not be open
    Thanks to the Bohs posters for providing accurate info, when visiting fans deliberately don't want to believe what they "hear" official info on twitter there's not much those FCs or Supporters Groups can do but keep providing accurate information.
    Once Bohemians made the decision on Friday and then distributed that information around that they were opening the Des Kelly Stand / Schoolhouse End it reduced the concerns of UCD Fans going to the game.
    https://twitter.com/UCDfans will keep providing accurate matchday info from the participating clubs for fans.

Thanks to Bohs for the friendly, engaging stewards at Dalyer, terrific goal-line views at The Home of Irish Football, best of luck in your next few games.
    Hopefully UCD Players will keep applying their passion this weekend in the build-up to Monday 22nd UCD AFC v Dundalk FC (Champions), The UCD Bowl, ko 15:00 (3pm)
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    By "accurate", you mean "wrong", yeah?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Might be only 11 games in, but this genuinely is what Monday is. A lot have had enough with what has gone on so far this season, and another defeat here will really set alarm bells ringing. There seems to be no fight from the players. Have they tired of the tactics deployed from JC? Some tired of being played out of position? Players will always come out and say they are happy to play anywhere as long as they are playing, I'm not so sure about that.

In 2017, we were 18 points clear at the summer break. We now find ourselves 20 points off top spot in 2019 after just 11 games. Although we finished second and runners up in the cup last year, the decline has been ongoing since Maguire left and it has certainly escalated this year.
    Caulfield is probably getting a lot of stick but even when he was managing a double winning side, there appeared to be a large section of Cork fans who barely tolerated him.

Are there questions being directed at the senior players, the likes of Morrissey, Shepherd, Bennett etc? Caulfield tactics have never been sophisticated and he always seems to play players in strange positions, but ultimately it is the lads on the bigger wages who have to deliver.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post

We were talking about this on Friday night at the game, also think Cork went 21 points clear that season at one point, maybe with a game or two more played, but you definitely went into very poor form from around end of July that season, lost a good few games also.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    By "accurate", you mean "wrong", yeah?
    No. I'm pleased the distribution of the info works. You "heard" the information on @UCDFans twitter, you came to foot.ie and got the same named sourced information in reply. (I want to thank other foot.ie posters again for providing that info to you). Providing changing information through Friday allowed UCD Fans to keep coming forward towards the fixture. It's the beauty of the Supporter Liaison Officer system (SLO, Sleeps with the Light On) that information is shared between clubs and common, specific queries can be answered either generally through shared media or individually. Providing accurate information in a timely manner gives football followers peace of mind.

The information you got from @UCDFANS twitter a/c was accurate throughout Friday.
    Last edited by HarpoJoyce; 22/04/2019 at 12:47 PM.
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Mon 22nd April UCD AFC v Dundalk, The UCD Bowl ko 15:00
    Two fast paced attacking sides, show both the best and the future of Irish Football. All Fans are welcome to this game and enjoy some great football at The UCD Bowl.
    The Students put it up to The Lilywhites in February and the same is expected this afternoon.

it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    The only league in the world that it would be acceptable not to have a game on TV today

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    ucd v dundalk is about 2km from RTE, and would be a good game of footy.
    Will be showing a 20 year old movie , the patent trap instead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    UCD 1-1Dundalk at half time,apparently ref blew the whistle just as a volley from Duffy hit the net,Dundalk not happy!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Clive Thomas reffing in the Bowl it seems. Ruled out a Dundalk goal from a corner as it was half-time. (Probably fair actually; we got a header clear and he blew up as it was gone beyond time, but Dundalk volleyed in from 25 yards)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    UCD 1-1Dundalk at half time,apparently ref blew the whistle just as a volley from Duffy hit the net,Dundalk not happy!
    Keeper made no effort to try and stop it so who knows if it would have gone in. It would have rankled either way with the players. Good enough game, UCD goal against the run of play. Pitch which is in poor condidtion nearly conspired to put UCD behind after 3 or 4 minutes with a serious bobble and an airkick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Keeper made no effort to try and stop it so who knows if it would have gone in. It would have rankled either way with the players. Good enough game, UCD goal against the run of play. Pitch which is in poor condidtion nearly conspired to put UCD behind after 3 or 4 minutes with a serious bobble and an airkick.
    Yeah, agree.

Frustrating to lose again after again taking the lead against Dundalk. That's 0/21 for us now against the clear top 4, and 0/15 from away games (which has included all the top 4). Still think we can get up to maybe sixth if we can get a run of form going, but obviously those two stats have to change.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Went down to the UCD game. Thought it was a decent enough game but pitch didn't help, though I believe rugby is over now so it should improve. Thought the penalty was very soft but I'd need to see it again to be sure either way. Duffy took his goal well, thought his touch was just too strong for a second but he just got there. Nice to see a good crowd in too. The Dundalk goal that wasn't is one of those things where ref blew up as ball was cleared, UCD players stopped, Dundalk put it in the net, a lose lose situation once the ball hit the net for him, think that rule needs looking at though, similar happened to Rovers on Friday when we had a corner, took it short and the ref blew up and it's very infuriating when it's your team but in fairness its hard for a ref to judge.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast