Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 1729

Thread: League of Ireland in Europe 2019

  1. #321
    Seasoned Pro PartySaint's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    2,627
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    526
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    836
    Thanked in
    422 Posts
    If Dundalk fans are happy with a 50% increase in price then fair play to the club, they've made their fans happy.
    Here on a technicality.

  2. #322
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,924
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    83
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    348
    Thanked in
    253 Posts
    I'd happily pay €30 to watch Rovers in a 1st qualifying round match in the CL next season .

  3. Thanks From:


  4. #323
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,435
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    344
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    604
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    I am only exaggerating the prestige of a Round 1 qualifier as much as others are exaggerating the "extortion" of Dundalk fans, given some comments I've seen on social media you think the owners were auctioning the tickets to the highest bidders.
    Wouldn't be going to the game anyway myself so difficult to get upset over ticket pricing if Dundalk regulars feel its wrong to increase price then I think it will be very short term thinking by the club. if people who never/rarely go (and contribute little if anything to the club) are offended, well bah.
    Bohemian FC The Big Club since 1890

    From the Cradle to the Grave - BTID

  5. #324
    Reserves ArFella's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    265
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    83
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    I'm not going to deny that there is/will be some dissent from Dundalk fans as there is from anyone in any field when there is a price increase involved, but I don't expect protesting or anything more than social media/pub grumblings.
    Mon the Town!

  6. #325
    Reserves ArFella's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    265
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    83
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I'd happily pay €30 to watch Rovers in a 1st qualifying round match in the CL next season .
    Of course you would, and you likely wouldn't have to if you did qualify because you have the luxury of 8,000 paying customer whereas we will be restricted to 3,500. If they are still charging €30 if/when we are forced to relocate to Tallaght in the event of further progression, then I would be more understanding of the outrage as fans will have to travel over an hour to a home game, I would hope there is dispensation for that.
    Mon the Town!

  7. #326
    Seasoned Pro swinfordfc's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Swinford
    Posts
    2,941
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    52
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    Johnny Ward stuck his oar in, because he can't help himself. I love the 'especially given the ownership model' line... man shocked as Investment firm attempt to increase revenue.


    https://twitter.com/Ui_Maine/status/1143112034797662210
    In fairest, who is Johnny Ward?

  8. #327
    Seasoned Pro White Horse's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    3,676
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    250
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,048
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    If Dundalk fans are happy with a 50% increase in price then fair play to the club, they've made their fans happy.
    I'm happy to pay €5 more than last year to help fund an increased squad.

    Most Dundalk fans live in the real world where no one gives you anything and you have to pay for what you want.

    I note that fans of other clubs are more exercised about the increase than Dundalk fans.

  9. #328
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,346
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,652
    Thanked in
    1,649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post
    In fairest, who is Johnny Ward?
    Wouldn't be a foot.ie without Johnny Ward!

  10. Thanks From:


  11. #329
    Reserves ArFella's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    265
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    83
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post
    In fairest, who is Johnny Ward?
    Freelance journalist, LOI Weekly podcast host, horse racing "expert" and full-time ******ologist
    Mon the Town!

  12. #330
    Reserves ArFella's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    265
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    83
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    What has this country become when the word Boll*x has to be censored on a public forum...
    Mon the Town!

  13. Thanks From:


  14. #331
    Seasoned Pro oriel's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Border
    Posts
    3,353
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    537
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    354
    Thanked in
    274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    Of course you would, and you likely wouldn't have to if you did qualify because you have the luxury of 8,000 paying customer whereas we will be restricted to 3,500. If they are still charging €30 if/when we are forced to relocate to Tallaght in the event of further progression, then I would be more understanding of the outrage as fans will have to travel over an hour to a home game, I would hope there is dispensation for that.
    I think €30 just seems very expensive for the stand, it was €25 last time in the CL (2017), they should have left it at that. I`ll be one those complaining to mates etc, but of course I`ll be buying one for €30 as I go to the stand. On tickets overall to sell, it will be well below 3,500, almost sure there is only 3,200 seats and of that only 3k max will go on sale.

    I can’t imagine too many from Riga coming over to pay that price in for admission.
    #DundalkFC 5 titles in 6 years 2014/2015/2016/2018/2019

  15. #332
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    720
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    60
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    99
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I think €30 just seems very expensive for the stand, it was €25 last time in the CL (2017), they should have left it at that. I`ll be one those complaining to mates etc, but of course I`ll be buying one for €30 as I go to the stand. On tickets overall to sell, it will be well below 3,500, almost sure there is only 3,200 seats and of that only 3k max will go on sale.

    I can’t imagine too many from Riga coming over to pay that price in for admission.
    Played over there twice , football isn’t one of their most popular sports. I’m not sure what kind of support Riga would have after starting up from the ashes of Skonto.

  16. #333
    Reserves ArFella's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    265
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    83
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    According to Transfermarkt.com they have an average attendance of 742 so unlike to have much/any travelling fans, maybe a few mildly interested Latvians in Dundalk or further afield that may come up for the game but you wouldn't imagine any great number at all.
    Mon the Town!

  17. #334
    Seasoned Pro PartySaint's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    2,627
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    526
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    836
    Thanked in
    422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post

    Most Dundalk fans live in the real world where no one gives you anything and you have to pay for what you want.
    What a strange comment. Out of curiosity what would be the maximum you would pay into this game?

    I'm not a Dundalk fan so I don't care how much you guys have to pay in to fund Boyles wages until the end of the season but I wouldn't be happy with Pats if they charged €30 into the main stand for a game
    Here on a technicality.

  18. #335
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,776
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    148
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,021
    Thanked in
    626 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Don’t think complaining about being gouged would change your status of being a real or actual fan. It’s extortion for any club to charge that amount considering the facilities in the grounds.


    "gouged" and "extortion" are cracking descriptions for something that you don't care much about

    Have you resorted to hyperbole from reading too much Johnny Ward drivel

    €20 into the ground is grand; €30 into the stand is tasty (€25 would have been enough), but I'm delighted to be able to watch Champions League football in Oriel. I'd follow it up to €50 (and probably beyond if necessary)

  19. Thanks From:


  20. #336
    Reserves vinnie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    350
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    629
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    40
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Are there any price increases for Kids tickets? defo be a shot in the foot if kids tickets were too expensive, this would be a game all the kids want to be at.


    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I think €30 just seems very expensive for the stand, it was €25 last time in the CL (2017), they should have left it at that. I`ll be one those complaining to mates etc, but of course I`ll be buying one for €30 as I go to the stand. On tickets overall to sell, it will be well below 3,500, almost sure there is only 3,200 seats and of that only 3k max will go on sale.

    I can’t imagine too many from Riga coming over to pay that price in for admission.

  21. #337
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    720
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    60
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    99
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    "gouged" and "extortion" are cracking descriptions for something that you don't care much about

    Have you resorted to hyperbole from reading too much Johnny Ward drivel

    €20 into the ground is grand; €30 into the stand is tasty (€25 would have been enough), but I'm delighted to be able to watch Champions League football in Oriel. I'd follow it up to €50 (and probably beyond if necessary)
    Always find it bizarre when people take umbrage at topics being discussed and assertions being made on what essentialy is a talking shop.

  22. #338
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,776
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    148
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,021
    Thanked in
    626 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Always find it bizarre when people take umbrage at topics being discussed and assertions being made on what essentialy is a talking shop.
    I'm not offended in the slightest by the topic being discussed - why on earth did you think I was?

    It's your choice of completely over the top hyperbole that I commented on.

    Do you feel "gouged" or "extorted" or are you suggesting that this is how Dundalk fans should feel?

  23. #339
    Seasoned Pro White Horse's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    3,676
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    250
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,048
    Thanked in
    549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    Are there any price increases for Kids tickets? defo be a shot in the foot if kids tickets were too expensive, this would be a game all the kids want to be at.
    All juvenile tickets for the European tie are priced at €10, €5 more than league games.

  24. Thanks From:


  25. #340
    Seasoned Pro El-Pietro's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    3,299
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,182
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    540
    Thanked in
    374 Posts
    I'd hate to see the LOI go down the path of using supply and demand to decide prices. Firstly we'd mostly be getting in for free or close to and our clubs would be bankrupt in a few months, but more importantly that's what has happened in the US and UK and it prices out the working class and you end up with a tv sport with very little atmosphere.

    I realise we're miles away from that but its something to bear in mind. I think 30 euro is excessive, but Dundalk fans will have their own opinion. I think we were charged €20 for the games against Legia and Rosenborg last year which seemed fair to me. If Cork City tried to charge 30 (which would be a much larger jump) then there would have been uproar. Am I right in saying that this is a 50% increase from league games (for the stand)? That does seem a lot.

Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. League of Ireland in Europe 2016
    By TheBoss in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 3068
    Last Post: 13/12/2016, 6:18 PM
  2. League of Ireland in Europe
    By TheBoss in forum Football History
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 10/12/2016, 3:05 PM
  3. League of Ireland in Europe 2015
    By ger121 in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 1308
    Last Post: 30/09/2015, 12:36 PM
  4. League of Ireland in Europe 2014
    By TheBoss in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 1223
    Last Post: 11/12/2014, 8:58 PM
  5. League of Ireland clubs in Europe
    By eoinh in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11/06/2003, 11:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •