Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Ireland in Europe 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Just watched the match back,
    Can't believe how lucky we are to have jack Byrne, but for how long?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Who have Rovers got in the next round? Minimum 6 games left for LOI sides and some good points tonight for the co-efficient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Appolon limassol from cyprus

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    It's the birth of his child. Some things are more important than football.
    If it was a Rovers player I'd be fully behind him choosing to stay by his partner's side. Some things are more important, as you say. His partner needed him and he did what any man should do.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Great result. Thought once Brann got their goal it was going to be another one of those nights but Carr changed the game when he came on and Byrne was just magnificent. Absolutely buzzing to have another round to look forward to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Lads Carr is muck even in the 10 minutes he was on sitting on his hole at the slightest touch, not closing down quick enough and when he got the ball towards the end he could not get into the corner to run down the clock.There was also a quick pass played into him that he did not see as he had his head down. He gets a lot of stick from the section i stand in.
    Is this a píss take? It's mad how people see games so differently. Watching as a neutral I thought Carr changed the game in Rovers favour. Cummins was sluggish and had little or no effect on the game. Carr injected a bit of pace, he had a hand in the first goal, making a nuisance of himself, cushioning a header down to Finn, who set up Byrne for the finish. I thought he stretched the game with his pace, did close down Brann defenders and ran the channels well. He did very well for the second goal also, holding up the ball and brushing aside the challenge of the Brann defender before setting up Byrne, who then set up O'Neill for the winner.

We must've been watching two completely different games. I watched both legs on eir as a neutral and thought Carr made more impact in the 15 minute cameo than Greene and Cummins combined over the two games.
    Last edited by Olander; 19/07/2019 at 3:59 AM.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    The lads played well last night. It's a shame because we have a squad talented enough to be better than we're showing when they play at their optimum but Kenny can't get remotely close to that out of them.

Fiat play to Rovers. Can't say I wanted them to do it despite the general harmony of the LOI (we all have to draw the line somewhere) but credit where it's due that was a brilliant result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    Is this a píss take? It's mad how people see games so differently. Watching as a neutral I thought Carr changed the game in Rovers favour. Cummins was sluggish and had little or no effect on the game. Carr injected a bit of pace, he had a hand in the first goal, making a nuisance of himself, cushioning a header down to Finn, who set up Byrne for the finish. I thought he stretched the game with his pace, did close down Brann defenders and ran the channels well. He did very well for the second goal also, holding up the ball and brushing aside the challenge of the Brann defender before setting up Byrne, who then set up O'Neill for the winner.

We must've been watching two completely different games. I watched both legs on eir as a neutral and thought Carr made more impact in the 15 minute cameo than Greene and Cummins combined over the two games.
    Carr MOTM for me. No Carr no Rovers win.
    MD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    At the risk of being on bohs side I can't see the bohs board as bizarre or lunatics. I'd throw the bob Marley fiasco and the social media team at times as being two more examples of naievity but all clubs have their moments and you have to balance that against positive stuff.
    Also apart from the team underperforming on the pitch what have the cork board done that's so bad?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    A very good night for LOI teams in Europe. Pats and Cork put in creditable performances away from home and can return to domestic football with heads held high.

Shamrock Rovers will delighted to be off to Cyprus. Even though they were favourites to go through after a great showing away from home, football usually throws up some surprises. Apart from the result, the real positive is that they did not let their heads drop after Brann scored late on in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Such a contrast to Dundalks performance last night. Rovers play lovely expansive football.
    Seriously? Dundalk controlled the game in Riga, moved the ball around very well, and used every inch of the ground.

Rovers played the same way but had less possession against Brann.

Sometimes, I wonder whether people actually watch the games they post about.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Appolon limassol from cyprus
    Regular EL Group Stage participants in recent years. Tough challenge but one to look forward to.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    At the risk of being on bohs side I can't see the bohs board as bizarre or lunatics. I'd throw the bob Marley fiasco and the social media team at times as being two more examples of naievity but all clubs have their moments and you have to balance that against positive stuff.
    Also apart from the team underperforming on the pitch what have the cork board done that's so bad?
    The team is not underperforming. The team is bad, started the season with 25 senior players, which is crazy for the LOI. and still they had no talent upfront, only hard workers, DOConnor is the only winger in the squad, three left backs. Its bad planning, plus they spent more money than what they had. Low attendaces doesnt justify sending home half of ur team in July

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    wrong thread mate still buzzing after last night ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Great win and performance for Rovers, and as good an atmosphere as I've experienced at an LOI ground, notwithstanding the dopes behind the goal.

Byrne will take the limelight and generally he was superb but equally I could see why he must be so frustrating to manage as well. Finn and Grace both brilliant too, but Cummins looked like a fish up a tree, surely Carr or Greene has to come in for the next game.

Ticket bought for next Thursday already

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    certainly not fair that the club should have to take responsibility for any stadium mismanagement[/QUOTE]

So, who should take responsibility for staium mismanagement so?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Looking at Rovers' previous results in Europe (handily reproduced in last night's programme), despite playing eighty games over 60 years, they've never really beaten anybody of note - with the exception of Partizan Belgrade in 2010. So the result last night is probably their second best ever European victory. Never thought they'd get back into it after going a goal down, so well done to them. Cracking atmosphere. Hope even more come to the next one.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhacker View Post

So, who should take responsibility for staium mismanagement so?

You edited the answer to that out of the post you quoted (see below)

Shamrock Rovers should pass on the fines to all those who have been dictating stadium management and crowd control issues to them for years

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post

The pitch invasion stuff has become a regular habit of a section of the Rovers supporters and reflects poorly on SDCC, AGS or external security firms responsible for crowd control at Tallaght Stadium. I hope Shamrock Rovers are able to pass the fines on to them; it's certainly not fair that the club should have to take responsibility for any stadium mismanagement
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 19/07/2019 at 2:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    wrong thread mate still buzzing after last night ?
    Posting with a fuzzy head

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    This was a very good night for LOI, tough on Cork, but their win will lend a little improvement to the overall LOI coefficent. I wonder how they played the last ten mins, any Cork fans online, I'd be interested to know, if it was me I'd have played almost 4 up front, gone to 3-3-4, they needed that 3rd goal to go though, and a 2-1 or 2-2 was worth nothing. Pity they fell just short.

Big win for Rovers, drawing and beating a team much higher ranked and being the unseeded team is no mean feat. Nice trip for the fans too for the next round.

As for the comment further above on Riga v Dundalk, this was an away game that Dlk controlled from box to box with the home team only coming out to play in the first 5 and last 10 mins.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast