Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Ireland in Europe 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Uefa have no say in what the council do, the Rovers game would only be moved if Dundalk were playing in Dublin on the same night, if Tallaght is unavailable then unles dundalk use the Aviva the Rovers game would't be reversed.

Turner Cross is an option for the third round as well isn't it?
    That is correct, but they do have a say on when home or away legs are played.

I highly doubt that SDCC would row in behind the possible outrage at a fixture reversal and withold a publicly paid for municipal facility that they might like to maximise a return on their investment in the facility. A paying customer is a paying customer if there is a free slot. I dont get the awkwardness around this for you RH and Asterix. Its a potential simple fixture reversal to accomodate 2 teams, one being ranked higher than the other will be given first choice on possible dates that have been alotted to fixtures. Nobody is taking Tallaght away from you!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    As long as peak 6bare prepared to pay a contribution which allows SDCC invest more in the stadium and charge us less annual rent let's take their money.
    Every Euro they bring in is a Euro less Sdcc need from us and allows us spend more on the club, first team and acc academy
    Last edited by sbgawa; 22/07/2019 at 9:51 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    That is correct, but they do have a say on when home or away legs are played.

I highly doubt that SDCC would row in behind the possible outrage at a fixture reversal and withold a publicly paid for municipal facility that they might like to maximise a return on their investment in the facility. A paying customer is a paying customer if there is a free slot. I dont get the awkwardness around this for you RH and Asterix. Its a potential simple fixture reversal to accomodate 2 teams, one being ranked higher than the other will be given first choice on possible dates that have been alotted to fixtures. Nobody is taking Tallaght away from you!!
    If they have a contract that says Rovers can have the stadium they don't have a choice, there isn't necessarily a free slot. If Dundalk go to the SDCC and ask for the stadium on the 15th August and Rovers contract means they have it on that date there's nothing SDCC, Dundalk or UEFA can do. Obviously don't know the ins and outs of the deal Rovers have with the SDCC but I've heard Rovers basically get a certain number of days where when they want the ground they get it with enough notice but something like that would mean Dundalk would have to either play elsewhere or on another day. So Dundalks choices would be pay a lot more to rent a ground they probably wouldn't fill in Dublin, go to another City or move dates.

And fyi a municipal facility doesn't include Dundalk as Dundalk isn't in the SDCC.

The problem is it's not to accommodate two teams, Rovers are set, it's purely to accommodate Dundalk because they can't be arsed getting their own ground up to scratch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    With risk of digging up old sores but its not as if Rovers were arsed to get their own ground sorted! Step down from the high ground as it doesnt fit. I shall say again that UEFA will set the dates of fixtures, nothing that Rovers can do about that but play when and where they are scheduled as it will be with Dundalk. Why so precious about all this?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    It goes without saying that Dundalk should have a stadium to equal Tallaght, Oriel Park is a kip and that's not just the pitch, whilst most everything else about the club is positive.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    With risk of digging up old sores but its not as if Rovers were arsed to get their own ground sorted! Step down from the high ground as it doesnt fit. I shall say again that UEFA will set the dates of fixtures, nothing that Rovers can do about that but play when and where they are scheduled as it will be with Dundalk. Why so precious about all this?
    Rovers had 11 jerseys and a few balls and still kept trying to get a ground sorted, SDCC didn't just wake up one morning in 2008 and decide to build a stadium snap their fingers and it appear. UEFA can schedule Dundalk to play on whatever date they want SDCC don't have to make Tallaght available on that date for them Dundalk and UEFA have to fit in around any arrangement Rovers and SDCC have not the other way round.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    It seems it's the dundalk fans who are failing to grasp this situation. There is no higher precedent for champions League or Europa League. IF it comes to pass that there is a conflict then dundalk will have to seek a movement of 1st leg/2nd leg or else find an alternative to Tallaght. There is no other option. Get used to it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    As long as peak 6bare prepared to pay a contribution which allows SDCC invest more in the stadium and charge us less annual rent let's take their money.
    Every Euro they bring in is a Euro less Sdcc need from us and allows us spend more on the club, first team and acc academy
    You're deluded if you think there will be a cent of reduction in Rovers' rent as a result of any extra income SDCC receive form renting the stadium out to other teams.

9. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It goes without saying that Dundalk should have a stadium to equal Tallaght, Oriel Park is a kip and that's not just the pitch, whilst most everything else about the club is positive.
    Dundalk desperately need a better ground. But I don't think it's credible to suggest they should have anything like Tallaght any time soon.

SDCC have turned Tallaght into a 10,000 capacity stadium - not just for Shamrock Rovers, but because they see it as a venue to host all sorts of events. There just isn't the demand nor the population in Dundalk to pursue a similar approach there. A 6,000 stadium would be more than enough for Dundalk for the foreseeable future tbh.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Uefa have no say in what the council do, the Rovers game would only be moved if Dundalk were playing in Dublin on the same night, if Tallaght is unavailable then unles dundalk use the Aviva the Rovers game would't be reversed.

Turner Cross is an option for the third round as well isn't it?
    Well UEFA could schedule the games so Dundalk are playing one week and Rovers the other and leave it to the clubs to sort it out.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    RathfarnhamHoop and Asterix for starters
    Asterix literally gives four ****s.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Well UEFA could schedule the games so Dundalk are playing one week and Rovers the other and leave it to the clubs to sort it out.
    Yeah but you think what would happen is dundalk are told to find a suitable ground, tallaght is unavailable so they ask uefa to change their fixture or use a different ground.

It wouldn't bother me if rovers games were reversed, I know the higher ranked team get priority if playing within a certain distance of another game but they can't be given prority use of a stadium if the owner can refuse to let them play there.

I doubt Uefa would get involved to much as they wouldn't care if dundalk had to play it in Cork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Rovers had 11 jerseys and a few balls and still kept trying to get a ground sorted, SDCC didn't just wake up one morning in 2008 and decide to build a stadium snap their fingers and it appear. UEFA can schedule Dundalk to play on whatever date they want SDCC don't have to make Tallaght available on that date for them Dundalk and UEFA have to fit in around any arrangement Rovers and SDCC have not the other way round.
    Less than a week after they wrote a snotty letter to the FAI about the Minister for Sport 'interfering in football matters' it would be hilarious to see their response to this nonsense (having to arrange fixtures around a small local council).

Doubt it will arise but hypothetically, if SDCC denied Dundalk access to the SDCC Stadium and they rented the Aviva, would shams not have to change anyway (if both 'Home games' scheduled for same night) ?

I honestly doubt that UEFA give a fiddlers about either team and will primarily leave it to the clubs to sort out (or God help us, the FAI) but in the event there was no agreement I suspect they would give Dundalk the first choice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    I dunno (or really care) how it'll all pan out, but I suspect that by now Dundalk will have had to nominate their 'home' ground for the third and subsequent rounds. It's not gonna be a case that we enter the third round and then start thinking about where it'll be played. That'll presumably be Tallaght, with the blessing of SDCC. Dundalk getting bumped to Cork, Aviva or Windsor won't be a runner.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    I dunno (or really care) how it'll all pan out, but I suspect that by now Dundalk will have had to nominate their 'home' ground for the third and subsequent rounds. It's not gonna be a case that we enter the third round and then start thinking about where it'll be played. That'll presumably be Tallaght, with the blessing of SDCC. Dundalk getting bumped to Cork, Aviva or Windsor won't be a runner.
    Dundalk have already giving Tallaght as their "Home Venue" to Uefa for the 3rd round of either Comp (was done straight after draw yesterday)

Uefa will decide who is at home on what week.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Dundalk desperately need a better ground. But I don't think it's credible to suggest they should have anything like Tallaght any time soon.

SDCC have turned Tallaght into a 10,000 capacity stadium - not just for Shamrock Rovers, but because they see it as a venue to host all sorts of events. There just isn't the demand nor the population in Dundalk to pursue a similar approach there. A 6,000 stadium would be more than enough for Dundalk for the foreseeable future tbh.
    I see Tallaght has just over 8,000 seat capacity with plans to expand. I thought it had something <7,000.
    6,000 seats is probably enough for Dundalk but with scope to add on, should latter stage european competition become a fixture

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Any predictions for this weeks games?

I am going to be positive. (or foolish)

Dundalk 0 -0 Qarabag FK.
    Dundalk's defence held up sound in the two games V Riga, ok they were not that tested but they looked well in control and worked well together, I think they can restrict Qarabag to the same. Get a nil niler today and its all to play for next week which Id imagine would suit Dundalk no end, considering how many times they have scored abroad.

Shamrock Rovers 2-0 Apollon Limassol
    Rovers have a team of ballers and also are quite pacy on the break. Id guess Limassol are expecting another easy pickings from a LOI team here, but Rovers have momentum now..........get that crowd going and you never know they might pull of a great result.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Does anyone know if the Rovers game is covered live by a Cypriot channel.

As usual, RTE not bothered their fat salary holes
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pateen View Post
    Does anyone know if the Rovers game is covered live by a Cypriot channel.

As usual, RTE not bothered their fat salary holes
    How come RTE showed the previous round Dundalk game but not this one? Its on Eirsport though right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Dundalk have looked a lot tighter at the back since Boyle re-joined and his partnership with Hoare in europe is definitely the strongest IMO, flanked by Gannon and I`d also retain Massey. I noticed Boyle also has the back line playing a little higher up too, hopefully this continues tonight, I'd be delighted with a 0-0 or anything nil ! Qarabag are still strong favs to advance, but they are out of season, so who knows, we will have a chance thats for sure.

I think Rovers can get a win at home, I wouldnt think by 2 though, if they an grind out a 1-0 win they'll also be delighted.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast