Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Ireland in Europe 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    If Dundalk fans are happy with a 50% increase in price then fair play to the club, they've made their fans happy.
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I'd happily pay €30 to watch Rovers in a 1st qualifying round match in the CL next season .

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    I am only exaggerating the prestige of a Round 1 qualifier as much as others are exaggerating the "extortion" of Dundalk fans, given some comments I've seen on social media you think the owners were auctioning the tickets to the highest bidders.
    Wouldn't be going to the game anyway myself so difficult to get upset over ticket pricing if Dundalk regulars feel its wrong to increase price then I think it will be very short term thinking by the club. if people who never/rarely go (and contribute little if anything to the club) are offended, well bah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    I'm not going to deny that there is/will be some dissent from Dundalk fans as there is from anyone in any field when there is a price increase involved, but I don't expect protesting or anything more than social media/pub grumblings.
    Mon the Town!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I'd happily pay €30 to watch Rovers in a 1st qualifying round match in the CL next season .
    Of course you would, and you likely wouldn't have to if you did qualify because you have the luxury of 8,000 paying customer whereas we will be restricted to 3,500. If they are still charging €30 if/when we are forced to relocate to Tallaght in the event of further progression, then I would be more understanding of the outrage as fans will have to travel over an hour to a home game, I would hope there is dispensation for that.
    Mon the Town!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Johnny Ward stuck his oar in, because he can't help himself. I love the 'especially given the ownership model' line... man shocked as Investment firm attempt to increase revenue.

https://twitter.com/Ui_Maine/status/1143112034797662210
    In fairest, who is Johnny Ward?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    If Dundalk fans are happy with a 50% increase in price then fair play to the club, they've made their fans happy.
    I'm happy to pay €5 more than last year to help fund an increased squad.

Most Dundalk fans live in the real world where no one gives you anything and you have to pay for what you want.

I note that fans of other clubs are more exercised about the increase than Dundalk fans.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post
    Wouldn't be a foot.ie without Johnny Ward!

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinfordfc View Post
    Freelance journalist, LOI Weekly podcast host, horse racing "expert" and full-time ******ologist
    Mon the Town!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    What has this country become when the word Boll*x has to be censored on a public forum...
    Mon the Town!

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Of course you would, and you likely wouldn't have to if you did qualify because you have the luxury of 8,000 paying customer whereas we will be restricted to 3,500. If they are still charging €30 if/when we are forced to relocate to Tallaght in the event of further progression, then I would be more understanding of the outrage as fans will have to travel over an hour to a home game, I would hope there is dispensation for that.
    I think €30 just seems very expensive for the stand, it was €25 last time in the CL (2017), they should have left it at that. I`ll be one those complaining to mates etc, but of course I`ll be buying one for €30 as I go to the stand. On tickets overall to sell, it will be well below 3,500, almost sure there is only 3,200 seats and of that only 3k max will go on sale.

I can’t imagine too many from Riga coming over to pay that price in for admission.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I think €30 just seems very expensive for the stand, it was €25 last time in the CL (2017), they should have left it at that. I`ll be one those complaining to mates etc, but of course I`ll be buying one for €30 as I go to the stand. On tickets overall to sell, it will be well below 3,500, almost sure there is only 3,200 seats and of that only 3k max will go on sale.

I can’t imagine too many from Riga coming over to pay that price in for admission.
    Played over there twice , football isn’t one of their most popular sports. I’m not sure what kind of support Riga would have after starting up from the ashes of Skonto.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    According to Transfermarkt.com they have an average attendance of 742 so unlike to have much/any travelling fans, maybe a few mildly interested Latvians in Dundalk or further afield that may come up for the game but you wouldn't imagine any great number at all.
    Mon the Town!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post

Most Dundalk fans live in the real world where no one gives you anything and you have to pay for what you want.
    What a strange comment. Out of curiosity what would be the maximum you would pay into this game?

I'm not a Dundalk fan so I don't care how much you guys have to pay in to fund Boyles wages until the end of the season but I wouldn't be happy with Pats if they charged €30 into the main stand for a game
    Here on a technicality.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Don’t think complaining about being gouged would change your status of being a real or actual fan. It’s extortion for any club to charge that amount considering the facilities in the grounds.

"gouged" and "extortion" are cracking descriptions for something that you don't care much about

Have you resorted to hyperbole from reading too much Johnny Ward drivel

€20 into the ground is grand; €30 into the stand is tasty (€25 would have been enough), but I'm delighted to be able to watch Champions League football in Oriel. I'd follow it up to €50 (and probably beyond if necessary)

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Are there any price increases for Kids tickets? defo be a shot in the foot if kids tickets were too expensive, this would be a game all the kids want to be at.

Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    "gouged" and "extortion" are cracking descriptions for something that you don't care much about

Have you resorted to hyperbole from reading too much Johnny Ward drivel

€20 into the ground is grand; €30 into the stand is tasty (€25 would have been enough), but I'm delighted to be able to watch Champions League football in Oriel. I'd follow it up to €50 (and probably beyond if necessary)
    Always find it bizarre when people take umbrage at topics being discussed and assertions being made on what essentialy is a talking shop.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Always find it bizarre when people take umbrage at topics being discussed and assertions being made on what essentialy is a talking shop.
    I'm not offended in the slightest by the topic being discussed - why on earth did you think I was?

It's your choice of completely over the top hyperbole that I commented on.

Do you feel "gouged" or "extorted" or are you suggesting that this is how Dundalk fans should feel?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    Are there any price increases for Kids tickets? defo be a shot in the foot if kids tickets were too expensive, this would be a game all the kids want to be at.
    All juvenile tickets for the European tie are priced at €10, €5 more than league games.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    I'd hate to see the LOI go down the path of using supply and demand to decide prices. Firstly we'd mostly be getting in for free or close to and our clubs would be bankrupt in a few months, but more importantly that's what has happened in the US and UK and it prices out the working class and you end up with a tv sport with very little atmosphere.

I realise we're miles away from that but its something to bear in mind. I think 30 euro is excessive, but Dundalk fans will have their own opinion. I think we were charged €20 for the games against Legia and Rosenborg last year which seemed fair to me. If Cork City tried to charge 30 (which would be a much larger jump) then there would have been uproar. Am I right in saying that this is a 50% increase from league games (for the stand)? That does seem a lot.

Page 17 of 87 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast