Page 58 of 87 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1735

Thread: League of Ireland in Europe 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Honestly, im only responding to him because he implied he was a student and its entertaining/alarming to see his lack of clarity. I usually don't engage with internet wums because you never know the backstory.
    A student ? WTF are you on ? I was in Belfield to see Bohs playing UCD 😳
    There really is no cure for that level of stupid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Fine indeed. The width of a crossbar, a shoelace on Danny Mandrouis boot or so often in your own case, the whim of a referee in the dying minutes of a game when a dundalk player goes tumbling to the ground after a particularly violent gust of wind.

The clearest example of how much the gap has closed is probably not in the head to heads, on field battles or relative gathering of points by the finest of margins though - it's in how much you seem to post about Rovers versus any other topic. Methinks the lad doth post too much..........maybe you're getting worried?
    Why are you wasting your time with this troll it's like wrestling with a pig, it's pointless and you are only going to end up covered in muck.
    Most of the dundalk posters have pm me to agree he is an embarrassment to them. Imagine what he will be like when dundalk slip, probably disappear.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Why are you wasting your time with this troll it's like wrestling with a pig, it's pointless and you are only going to end up covered in muck.
    Most of the dundalk posters have pm me to agree he is an embarrassment to them. Imagine what he will be like when dundalk slip, probably disappear.
    The very epitome of a pointless post - posting to encourage others not to discuss something that they have already posted and been called out on!

It does prompt me to update an earlier post

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Rovers current 2.04 points per match average in 2019 (51 points from 25 matches) would not have got them above 3rd place in any of those seasons.
    Following todays draw in Cork, Rovers current average of 2.0 points per match would not have achieved a top two league finish in any year since 2012

A poor Drogheda team took second place that season; Cork's demise appears to have opened the door for Rovers to emulate that Drogheda 2012 performance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    That Drogheda team was one of the greatest to ever play the game

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    A student ? WTF are you on ? I was in Belfield to see Bohs playing UCD 😳
    There really is no cure for that level of stupid.
    You're saying this online version of you is you fully matured? Going to stick you on the ignore list so.

Ezekial, is at least replying with reasonable evidence backing up his point, even if he seems a bit clouded by loathing. It is a bit odd that a person defines themselves by hatred of another club rather than love of their own but Dundalk are a fairly unloveable outfit.....

This weekends game are a case in point for how close it's gotten. Close but Dundalk still stronger. Dundalk digging out a result against Pats even when they didn't very play well whereas Rovers dominated Cork but couldn't get 3 points. If we had one of Hoban or Kelly the league table might look a lot different but we have Aaron Greene.....god love him he tries but he just can't finish under any sort of pressure at all. Maybe we won't fix that next year but if we do I'd think it will be a longer and more competitive title race. Would think Dundalk have it wrapped up now. Maybe we will meet each other in the Europa League final for some revenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    You're saying this online version of you is you fully matured? Going to stick you on the ignore list so.

Ezekial, is at least replying with reasonable evidence backing up his point, even if he seems a bit clouded by loathing. It is a bit odd that a person defines themselves by hatred of another club rather than love of their own but Dundalk are a fairly unloveable outfit.....

This weekends game are a case in point for how close it's gotten. Close but Dundalk still stronger. Dundalk digging out a result against Pats even when they didn't very play well whereas Rovers dominated Cork but couldn't get 3 points. If we had one of Hoban or Kelly the league table might look a lot different but we have Aaron Greene.....god love him he tries but he just can't finish under any sort of pressure at all. Maybe we won't fix that next year but if we do I'd think it will be a longer and more competitive title race. Would think Dundalk have it wrapped up now. Maybe we will meet each other in the Europa League final for some revenge.
    Apart from maybe 20mins at the start of Dundalk's game against Pats last night Dundalk dominated the match and were unlucky not to win by more than 1-0.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

This weeks games, where Dundalk extended their lead by two more points proves the teams are getting nearer ? This weeks games obviously put them further apart - 2 points further apart to be exact.
    That “reasonable enough evidence” for you ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Apart from maybe 20mins at the start of Dundalk's game against Pats last night Dundalk dominated the match and were unlucky not to win by more than 1-0.
    Fair enough. I only caught the first half which was dominated by Pats for the start and then by Dundalk for the end as you say but White Horse on the match thread said it wasn't a great Dundalk performance and even enough overall? I've read match reports that had Dundalk dominating or it being back and forth. Didn't seem at their best to me and I'd expect you to beat Pat's handily but in fairness, you rested three of your best players and still won the game. Wish we could stick teams away when we dominate......wouldn't mind loaning us Georgie Kelly would you? I'll drive up and pick him up myself. Will even give you Aaron Greene in return......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    POSTPONED: Next Saturday’s league fixture with @DundalkFC
    has been postponed due to their European game

We lose more money on a gate when its rescheduled on some random Monday night to give Dundalk a better chance of earning way more money. Clubs should be compensated if they have to cancel games due to other teams being in Europe.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Dear FAI fixture coordinators,
    Schedule teams that have European football to have home games during potential European runs, its not rocket science.
    Sincerely,
    Everyone with a pair of braincells to rub together.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    That's a fair point if a club has a home game called off to facilitate Euro game the euro club should have to give them their average gate on the night in question and then when the game is refixed it's pure profit for the non Euro club

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    Dear FAI fixture coordinators,
    Schedule teams that have European football to have home games during potential European runs, its not rocket science.
    Sincerely,
    Everyone with a pair of braincells to rub together.
    Far too much logic in that suggestion for the FAI to even consider it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    POSTPONED: Next Saturday’s league fixture with @DundalkFC
    has been postponed due to their European game

We lose more money on a gate when its rescheduled on some random Monday night to give Dundalk a better chance of earning way more money. Clubs should be compensated if they have to cancel games due to other teams being in Europe.
    Sligo should not have had a home tie against Dundalk scheduled for this weekend. Dundalk should have been scheduled with a home tie and be the ones missing out on the home gate. It is grossly unfair on Sligo.

From a player welfare point of view, Dundalk had no option but to seek postponement as players cannot endure a 9 hour flight from Baku, miss a night's sleep, and then travel early the following day (Saturday) to Sligo.

The alternative would be to play the game on Sunday, but than would potentially mean Dundalk travelling early the next day to Cyprus with no warm down or medical treatment for players following the match in Sligo.

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Far too much logic in that suggestion for the FAI to even consider it.
    For the Rovers UCD game that was grand, no extra travel, gate loss all on the club that's getting extra money anyway, that's how it should be done. The Cork game on the other hand, loads of extra travel and the home team had the game moved from their normal day, that's not fair on anyone. I'd love to meet whoever they have organising the fixtures, seems like its a secondary school kid on work experience at best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    I can completely see the frustration from Sligo here, a Sat night trip over would have attracted maybe 300-400 possibly 500 away fans, and its also the BH weekend, loads would have considered staying over. I can see how the LC semi was postponed on the BH Monday, but again another clubs loses out in Bohs, and to be perfectly honest, I don't think Dundalk had targeted LC as must win, thats a tough one on Bohs.

I dont think Dundalk will get past Qarabag but if they do thats another 500k banked, even without, its onto EL r3 and a chance to still earn more than the current 1.2M , the re-fixed Sligo game will attract min 500 less, maybe as much as 1k thats a big loss for them.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Jeez rathfarnham hoop I hope foot.ie protect your anonymity when the secondary school kids come looking to sue you for defamation comparing them to the fixture scheduler in the FAI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I can completely see the frustration from Sligo here, a Sat night trip over would have attracted maybe 300-400 possibly 500 away fans, and its also the BH weekend, loads would have considered staying over. I can see how the LC semi was postponed on the BH Monday, but again another clubs loses out in Bohs, and to be perfectly honest, I don't think Dundalk had targeted LC as must win, thats a tough one on Bohs.

I dont think Dundalk will get past Qarabag but if they do thats another 500k banked, even without, its onto EL r3 and a chance to still earn more than the current 1.2M , the re-fixed Sligo game will attract min 500 less, maybe as much as 1k thats a big loss for them.
    To be fair to the FAI ( ooooh that’s feels wrong) everyone called for support for our clubs competing in Europe for years. They can’t be arsed to do anything complicated like play European qualifiers against each other in July/August so that, added to the increase in the number of matches ( for the likes of Dundalk dropping down) means postponements are almost inevitable. Perhaps a portion of European winnings retained by FAI and used to alleviate losses by clubs suffering ?
    Would love to see the clubs force some action on the farcical fixture list but don’t see it happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    I'm not trying to get into any sort of ****ing contest. Dundalk didn't exactly have cobbled together midfields against Rovers now did they? As a reminder the midfields for the first two were Shields, Murray, McGrath and Shields, McGrath McEleney. Whereas Rovers had a 16 year old left back and an attacking midfielder at right back and a bench with an average age of 19 years old, that's a completely different level. My whole point was that Rovers and Dundalk are pretty equal this season which I think the two Tallaght games have shown.

What stats show it? The coefficient that also says Porto are 7 places and 11.500 points better than Ajax? What I'm getting at with the 6 in a row thing is that when you're in the champions league its a lot easier to qualify for one of the group stages and to build up the coefficient. Just for the record Qarabag average winning the league by 0.35 points per game, for comparison Dundalk's average is 0.22, That's a big difference. Once in the group stages their records are actually pretty similar. As I've said already you can't judge a team based off watching one game there are far too many variables involved to do that, including Rovers potentially just finding out their opposition quicker than Dundalk theirs. As for the last sentence the same goes for the other way too. Breaking news: Top two teams want to beat each other. None of this takes anything away from Dundalk but it is seriously worrying the way you guys take suck exception to anything short of absolute praise and even praise of other clubs/players.
    I can pack away the hook, line and sinker for now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,356 Posts
    Don't care the excuse, teams in European action should be playing matches on a Sunday in between their European games. Absolutely ridiculous carry on.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts
    Agree 100% , the teams in Europe have huge extra resources available which allows them greater depth of squad. No postponements and if the club's ship a few points in the league so be it.
    When we treat our league games with disrespect we undervalued the entire league. When man u play in Europe they play at the weekend because the league is respected

Page 58 of 87 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast