Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1735

Thread: League of Ireland in Europe 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    ? So nothing available in Tallaght tomorrow night , was considering wandering up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    So the Dundalk game against Sligo Rovers is postponed as they are to play in Eurpope 3 days later. But Dundalk played Cobh in the Cup but this game wasn't postopned even though they are playing in Europe 3 days later.

The European clubs have way to much power in postponing games to suit their own needs. It's the usual BS you hear of 'it's good for the league', 'they need to fresh', 'they need to be ready'. There is no taught of the teams who are relying on badly needed gates to keep the wolf from the door, only to hear they wont have a home game for another load of weeks. How is this a benefit to the league … wages still have to be paid.

If clubs in European games want to postpone games then fair enough, but they should have to pay for that privilege ... say €10k if they postpone an away match! That would only be a small small percentage of what a club in Europe is making but is massive to other teams who simply want to pay wages and are being given no say about their own home fixtures.
    Does a shift from Friday night to a Monday night cost the home club €10K? Agreed though, a reasonable amount of compensation could and should be written into the rules. Likewise for postponements for other reasons.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Does a shift from Friday night to a Monday night cost the home club €10K? Agreed though, a reasonable amount of compensation could and should be written into the rules. Likewise for postponements for other reasons.
    In our case it's a Saturday night but I know what you mean. (We tried Friday nights and they don't work, but that's a different story). There would be a decent drop off of home and away fans for a Monday night game. But the problem is two fold really. There is the reduced gate of course but then you have the problem of no expected income to pay the wages. I'm not having a go at Dundalk by the way, its just how its fallen this year.

This is our 3rd season in a row that this has happened. I think it was something like 10 weeks last season which is a ridiculous length of time to try and pay wages without a home gate. Some teams honestly wouldn't survive that, I think they do it to us deliberately at this stage. When you see European teams that get rest periods for European games it is frustrating and quite frankly it is giving them an advantage at the expense of others coffers.

A bit of planning and a 'postponement payment' would make a massive difference. I live in hope but it's the hope that kills ya.
    Manager: Fergal, have you your boots with ya?
    Fergal: Ya, I have them here.
    Manager: Ah good stuff, well give them to this man so, he forgot his!

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    ? So nothing available in Tallaght tomorrow night , was considering wandering up.
    Wander on up.

The club have now confirmed that there will be a ticket facility at the ground

Tickets will be available outside Tallaght Stadium tomorrow and the ticket office will open from 6.30pm.
    https://www.dundalkfc.com/slovan-bratislava-streaming/

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Asked Mark Devlin about the TV coverage on Twitter. He said it was budget restraints from the TV companies as to why it's not being televised.

Imagine Eir are feeling the pinch and RTE are just not bothered. Shame really. Hopefully there'll be a live stream of some sort.

Pity Dundalk couldn't run their own paid stream like Shamrock Rovers did.
    Your tweets seems to have had an impact, although you will either have to go abroad or use a VPN

SLOVAN BRATISLAVA STREAMING

The match will be available for purchase on https://www.dundalkfc.com/live-stream/ and will be available at an early bird price €5.99 this evening with it being priced at €6.99 from tomorrow.

We are facing a 1-0 deficit from the first leg as we bid to reach the UEFA Europa League playoff round and a tie against either PAOK of Greece or Ajax of Netherlands.
    Please note: This service will only be available to those outside of Ireland and Slovakia.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Your tweets seems to have had an impact, although you will either have to go abroad or use a VPN

The system works.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    In Holland for the week. Good stuff Nigel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Dundalk Sport's Video magazine previewing the Dundalk V Slovan Bratislava second leg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHvq...ature=youtu.be

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Great idea. Hopefully no commentary not sure I could listen to that accent for a full 90 mins. :d

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redobit View Post
    In our case it's a Saturday night but I know what you mean. (We tried Friday nights and they don't work, but that's a different story). There would be a decent drop off of home and away fans for a Monday night game. But the problem is two fold really. There is the reduced gate of course but then you have the problem of no expected income to pay the wages. I'm not having a go at Dundalk by the way, its just how its fallen this year.

This is our 3rd season in a row that this has happened. I think it was something like 10 weeks last season which is a ridiculous length of time to try and pay wages without a home gate. Some teams honestly wouldn't survive that, I think they do it to us deliberately at this stage. When you see European teams that get rest periods for European games it is frustrating and quite frankly it is giving them an advantage at the expense of others coffers.

A bit of planning and a 'postponement payment' would make a massive difference. I live in hope but it's the hope that kills ya.
    10 weeks without a home game is ludicrous alright, but that's more to do with an enforced summer break and the FAI Cup taking priority for 4 weeks in August - Sept than it is to do with one match being moved for Europe. Any non-Euro Premier club who goes out early in the FAI Cup has a barren August - September ahead of them. A more holistic and fair approach to the fixture list would be good, at the moment its no good for anyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    329 Posts
    Good Luck to Dundalk tonight. They have a decent home record over the years so don’t think they’ll lose, but not sure they’ll get the result they need to progress. Hope I’m wrong of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Slovenia TV must have brought their own TV van over I spotted it parked up behind the new stand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Dundalk wont win tonight - they cant score! They have only score 1 goal in 5 matches in Europe this year! And they giving away soft goals. I would love to see them get through but just see it happening!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Good Luck to Dundalk tonight. They have a decent home record over the years so don’t think they’ll lose, but not sure they’ll get the result they need to progress. Hope I’m wrong of course.

This is unfortunately my thinking, I reckon we will win, but I can see a 2-1 game. If we took them to ET by winning 1-0 you never know but longer it goes on the threat of the away goal is obviously there.

I`m not sure this crowd are that much better than Riga though, as the side from Montenegro that beat Bratislava in the CL r1, were beaten at home last week by Linfield, so there is hope. I`m also not sure Bratislava are that clinical up front, but the worry is either are Dundalk this year in Europe.

It’s just a pity the form is not there this year for us scoring in Europe, tonight would be a nice time to put an end to that. Whatever about the quality of the potential opponents in the play off, would be still nice to get there, just not sure where these two goals without reply, or winning by two goals are coming from.

We’ll give it our best shot I`m sure, need every player to be giving 8/10 tonight, its going to be very tough, but it’s not impossible
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I've just lumped on Dundalk to go through to the next round with Paddy Power at 6 to 1
    That represents serious value bet IMO, i am worried about the lack of firepower its hard to imagine them scoring 3 times so 1 from Bratislava and its looking like a losing bet.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Slovenia TV must have brought their own TV van over I spotted it parked up behind the new stand.
    Slovenia?

Good win for Slovan at the weekend; 4-0 in the league. The worry has to be that they're getting up to full fitness and will be a tougher prospect tonight than last week. But let's see how it goes. First goal is vital I think

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Slovan Slovenian all the same TV better not show it after me paying 7 euro for a stream. I'm kevin for anyone that knows that gif

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    Cannot even see it on skorlive...any stream?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,225 Posts
    Linfield take the lead already; 3-1 up now on aggregate. Winners play Qarabag, who threw away their away lead against APOEL earlier today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Cannot even see it on skorlive...any stream?
    It's on skorlive now.

24. Thanks From:

Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast