Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: League of Ireland in Europe 2019

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shep View Post
    Unpopular Dundalk fan opinion: I’m a season ticket holder in the stand. The 30 euro price was definitely greedy in my opinion on the clubs behalf. It’s been pointed out to me be fellow fans,things like reduced capacity etc. but this is no different to games v FH and Rosenberg in recent years. I have no problem paying the extra money,but there is a faction of the Dundalk fans now who can see no wrong in anything that the club is doing(for example the distribution of Cork away tickets last year to buddies etc).Dundalks operational costs are massive now,as is the European prize money. But please don’t try and tell me the extra 5er off a few fans in the stand was necessary. In all likelihood success in this competition will mean a more expensive day out in Tallaght,so rather than remind fans of how they are still saving money at 30 a ticket,it would have been better for the club to keep ticket price at €25 for this game,with a potential rise to €30 for Quarabag(still in oriel I believe)game if we advanced.

As I say this is just my opinion. I just can’t see any rational reason for the price hike,as compared to other seasons campaigns at same stage.
    I doubt that your opinion is so unusual or unpopular at all among the majority of Dundalk fans

However there is certainly an irritation with the faux outrage, exaggeration and hype coming from others who have no skin in the game at all.

For my part, I think that the ground ticket prices are fine, but that the stand pricing should have been maintained at last years price levels. The additional revenue taken from the extra €5 is of little consequence in the overall picture, particularly when this will only take in an additional €3k to €4k.

It's a poor decision and reflects badly on those who made it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    €30 a pop for tickets for that game you reckon?
    Dude.
    €20 for the majority of the tickets.(€15 concession/€10 u-12)

Bottom of the poster A N Mouse.
    Common mistake to make.

Tbf I was goin on the headline price, and Derry's usual ticketing policy one price(concessions available, one kid free with paying adult)

But prices on that poster instead of making it all ok just makes it seem worse. It isn't just bogging the arm in for the sake of it. It's cynically hitting those that want to sit in the main stand with a larger increase in order to make other increases seem like a value proposition. Why not just have a flat increase across the board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArFella View Post
    Totally agreed, I would be of the opinion that every LoI club should make hay while the sun shines, financially, in whatever way they can, teams do these friendlies all the time. However the pontificating on here and social media of how much of a "disgrace" it was that Dundalk are actively trying to increase revenue on what will almost certainly be a sellout due to reduced capacity is what makes this particular money-spinner hilarious.
    Personally I will most likely not pay 30 euro to see Bohs V Chelsea, I would however pay that and more to see us play a European tie. My money my view - everyone should do whatever they believe suits them. Nobody “gouged” unless they allow themselves to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Personally I will most likely not pay 30 euro to see Bohs V Chelsea, I would however pay that and more to see us play a European tie. My money my view - everyone should do whatever they believe suits them. Nobody “gouged” unless they allow themselves to be.
    That would be my opinion too. Que me July 2020. “****ing Bohs charging €25 for poxy EL”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    I doubt that your opinion is so unusual or unpopular at all among the majority of Dundalk fans

However there is certainly an irritation with the faux outrage, exaggeration and hype coming from others who have no skin in the game at all.

For my part, I think that the ground ticket prices are fine, but that the stand pricing should have been maintained at last years price levels. The additional revenue taken from the extra €5 is of little consequence in the overall picture, particularly when this will only take in an additional €3k to €4k.

It's a poor decision and reflects badly on those who made it

Agree with all of this, €25 into the stand last time in CL v Rossenborg is enough, should have left well alone, ridiculous increase, and I was giving out for days to anyone at home /at work who would listen.

Then last wed, 9.30am, email arrives, thank you for your order !
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Perhaps as a compromise, to placate the offended non-Dundalk fans, we can give the additional money from the increased ticket price to Shamrock Rovers to compensate them for the tickets they decide not to sell to away fans.

Agree though, it's overpriced for a stand where 80% of the seats have obstructed or very obstructed views. Really it's in everyone's interest for Dundalk to succeed in Europe. 3 or 4 seasons in the CL groups and we might consider putting a roof on the away end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Norrhoping beaten at home last night by a midtable side, they looked poor from reports.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    For anyone who wants to swap faux-outrage for authentic fury and indignation, you need to be in the queue at Oriel Park before 10am tomorrow to purchase one of the last of the gouged/extortionate tickets for the low brow visit of Riga FC. To make matters even more severe, the only tickets remaining are for the Carrick Road end, normally reserved for long-suffering away fans

Dundalk FC
    ‏Verified account
    @DundalkFC

#UCL TICKET UPDATE | After bumper sales tonight, we have a limited number of seats available in the Carrick Road Terrace for our Champions League home leg vs Riga. These go on sale at the Oriel Park ticket office ONLY at 10am tomorrow. Don't miss out!
    https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status...15348576489478

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    For anyone who wants to swap faux-outrage for authentic fury and indignation, you need to be in the queue at Oriel Park before 10am tomorrow to purchase one of the last of the gouged/extortionate tickets for the low brow visit of Riga FC. To make matters even more severe, the only tickets remaining are for the Carrick Road end, normally reserved for long-suffering away fans

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status...15348576489478
    Get Maxi to sort it out.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Jesus lads, there have been some terrible arguments on this forum in the past but this one might just be the most inane.

We've got four clubs in Europe in the next couple of weeks - try and at least have a little bit of joy.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Jesus lads, there have been some terrible arguments on this forum in the past but this one might just be the most inane.

We've got four clubs in Europe in the next couple of weeks - try and at least have a little bit of joy.
    I could not agree more Charlie.

I'm also glad that you jumped right in there early on to nip the "gouging" comments in the bud!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    try and at least have a little bit of joy.
    Harry Keny has taken the joy out of everything. I want everyone to be as miserable as I am.
    Here on a technicality.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Harry Keny has taken the joy out of everything. I want everyone to be as miserable as I am.
    thank god I’m making a bit of a holiday out of Europe. I feel sorry for anyone rushing in and out just for our match.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    You're not a cork fan at the moment, so it could be worse. Cardiff Met would beat us handily enough right now.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    As much as Cummins was not great for Cork this season, I still would have held on to him for at least the euro games, there's not a goal in that team at the minute.

Maybe it was terms of the deal that Rovers wanted him for Europe, still leaves Cork with almost zero firepower.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    I think Coustrain will do well for Cork, he is direct and was unlucky that we had so much talent in midfield.
    He originally came in when the squad was very thin but was kept on as he definitely offered something.
    I think the Cork lads will be surprised , he is super fit and deserves a break.
    Cummins body language when he was on the bench in Tallaght looked terrible , i suspect it was very "Mutual"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    As much as Cummins was not great for Cork this season, I still would have held on to him for at least the euro games, there's not a goal in that team at the minute.

Maybe it was terms of the deal that Rovers wanted him for Europe, still leaves Cork with almost zero firepower.
    If the choice for centre forward for european matches was between Carr, Cummins, Greene and a Hatstand, he probably ends up as 4th choice.

Cummins is a decent header of the ball and has very little else going for him. Expect the concession of lots of frees for offside and fouls against defenders

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    His lack of pace can be very frustrating too.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    If the choice for centre forward for european matches was between Carr, Cummins, Greene and a Hatstand, he probably ends up as 4th choice.

Cummins is a decent header of the ball and has very little else going for him. Expect the concession of lots of frees for offside and fouls against defenders
    Tbf he's an excellent header of the ball. If you give him service he'll score goals all day in the air. We didn't even come close to playing to his strengths.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts

He has as many goals from play this season as your spiritual leader - Pat Hoban. Playing in a team with a fraction of ability to create chances. If Cummins gets decent service he will score goals - he proved that last season - he scored 13 goals in the first 18 games last year before the wheels came off. That sort of strike rate for Rovers will be infinitly better than anything they have now.

Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast