Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Games 12th -15th April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    I said at the match it was outside the box so looks like i'm right.
    We're about 20 years away here in the l;eague from ever getting VAR though and every side gets one of them for or against them in a league campaign.Just gotta suck it up.

Agree with everyone saying it was a poor match technically,but it was an intense match also with both sides trying to win and giving it everything.
    We were still trying in the 95th min,we got a dubious pen.We were still trying though.That's my takeaway from the match.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Better than Maguire?
    I actually forgot about Maguire - shouldn't be posting late at night! I think McMillan is the best in the form of your traditional number nine. Maguire is a different type of player - more strings to his bow than I can remember in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Are you suggesting that Bradley wanted to sign him previously but was out foxed by Bray?

Aaron Greene is a decent player, but 9 clubs in 9 seasons from 2009 doesn't suggest that any manager would have to wait very long.
    No, Greene was on a two-year deal afaik and Bray refused offers from Rovers. They got him in the end when Bray's financial problems came back.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    My takeaway from tonight is that it opens up a 6 point gap between us and St Pats in 5th place. On track for that 4th European place if Rovers can only win the cup again

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Headed to UCD tonight and my god were Cork bad. Setting up with five at the back against a side who got hockeyed three days earlier said it all. UCD look a bit toothless in attack but, to be fair, some of that was down to Cork going all out defence.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    I think we are in serious trouble now. Players devoid of any confidence, a clueless manager, knew we weren't going to be winning the league this year but my god this isn't what I thought would happen. Genuinely believe we are in a relegation battle, even this early in the season. Attendance will continue to dwindle as the poor performances and results continue. Many believe JC's taken us as far as he can, unfortunately I think so too. Would cost us to let him go, but also could cost us more in the long run if the tough decision isn't made. Can the board make the decision to sack our most successful manager? Interesting times ahead....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post

No, Greene was on a two-year deal afaik and Bray refused offers from Rovers. They got him in the end when Bray's financial problems came back.
    After spending the a season with Limerick in the first division Aaron Greene was signed by Bray ahead of the 2017 season on a 2 year deal. If Bradley rated him as highly as you appear to suggest it seems strange that he was not able to entice him back to Tallaght instead of him going to Bray

The fact that he only scored 11 out of Limericks 86 league goals in that 2016 season maybe tells its own story

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    After spending the a season with Limerick in the first division Aaron Greene was signed by Bray ahead of the 2017 season on a 2 year deal. If Bradley rated him as highly as you appear to suggest it seems strange that he was not able to entice him back to Tallaght instead of him going to Bray

The fact that he only scored 11 out of Limericks 86 league goals in that 2016 season maybe tells its own story
    He probably didn't rate him until he started doing well at Bray to be honest. Probably needs to be seen within the context of Gary Shaw's injury and his form imploding too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    I think we are in serious trouble now. Players devoid of any confidence, a clueless manager, knew we weren't going to be winning the league this year but my god this isn't what I thought would happen. Genuinely believe we are in a relegation battle, even this early in the season. Attendance will continue to dwindle as the poor performances and results continue. Many believe JC's taken us as far as he can, unfortunately I think so too. Would cost us to let him go, but also could cost us more in the long run if the tough decision isn't made. Can the board make the decision to sack our most successful manager? Interesting times ahead....
    Too many good players to be relegated I think. An early exit from Europe might be a blessing in disguise though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Here's another view

https://twitter.com/ColMullen/status...16088283561984

The video

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status...05221181554688

As usual, people will see it the way they want to see it.
    Absolutely. It’s very difficult to see in either your pic or mine. Video suggests inside but also that he was shot by a sniper so impossible to say...

Sickening for us either way. Had someone come see me at work with about 2 mins to go and it was looking like my prediction of a 0-0 was good - as was my prediction of a Cork win. Checked in 30 mins later and almost threw myself through the window. Sickener!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Here's another view

https://twitter.com/ColMullen/status...16088283561984

The video

[URL]https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/1117905221181554688[/URL

As usual, people will see it the way they want to see it.
    People will see that any contact was outside the box. Poor excuse for a ref (and the performing monkeys on the line) capped an inept performance with a wrongly awarded penalty for the last kick of the game.
    Not the first mugging in El Paso (probably not even that day &#128556 but robbery all the same.
    In any other League the clown masquerading as a ref would be looking at a few weekends in his garden but this is the LOI so the clown will no doubt be back destroying another game at the weekend.

VAR ? I’d settle for a ref that could find the centre circle without a guide dog.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Apologies to the Bohs fans who felt robbed by conceding an injury time penalty.

Bohs certainly deserved at least a point, and in fairness, probably all three.

Excellent side who were set up very well, passed well and worked really hard. I look forward to next Tuesday night's cup final
    We will be playing the bohs first team EZ.
    Strange of long to play such a weakened side, but almost got away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    People will see that any contact was outside the box. Poor excuse for a ref (and the performing monkeys on the line) capped an inept performance with a wrongly awarded penalty for the last kick of the game.
    Not the first mugging in El Paso (probably not even that day &#128556 but robbery all the same.
    In any other League the clown masquerading as a ref would be looking at a few weekends in his garden but this is the LOI so the clown will no doubt be back destroying another game at the weekend.

VAR ? I’d settle for a ref that could find the centre circle without a guide dog.
    You seem to think that there was contact - I wasn't so certain. But if there was a foul on Daniel Kelly, then a penalty was a fair call. The ref was very close to the incident and had an excellent view ( I know that doesn't necessarily mean a lot with LoI referees)

It's a hard pill to swallow when your team lose a match they don't deserve to, especially when it is an injury time contentious decision. Time to focus the anger on Shams next week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Get your own back on dundalk by playing the reserves again next week and give us the 3 points

14. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    against a side who got hockeyed three days earlier said it all.
    Little bit harsh. We lost 2-0, and it was two corners. We deserved the nil bit, but Derry weren't so good you could say they hockeyed us.

Davis back from injury tonight as well will give us an extra attacking outlet; thought he made a difference when he came on (though the change in formation to 3-4-3 helped too against Cork's massed defence)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Derry were far superior to us before the red card. Another game of us looking awful and another game showing how clueless and inept Kenny is. Would love to see the club sack him ASAP, but can't see it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    You seem to think that there was contact - I wasn't so certain. But if there was a foul on Daniel Kelly, then a penalty was a fair call. The ref was very close to the incident and had an excellent view ( I know that doesn't necessarily mean a lot with LoI referees)

It's a hard pill to swallow when your team lose a match they don't deserve to, especially when it is an injury time contentious decision. Time to focus the anger on Shams next week
    The referee (so called) was a joke all night along with the cretin on the stand side who it seemed did not know what he was doing throughout (it was a wrongly awarded throw on that side that led to the “penalty “ incident.)

Despite Kelly’s theatrical dive (full time football eh ?) any contact was outside the box. Good performance by Bohs B team and with a little more sharpness up front could have been in front long before the ref gifted Dundalk their penalty.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    We will be playing the bohs first team EZ.
    Strange of long to play such a weakened side, but almost got away with it.
    With a young part time squad Long had to rotate the squad given our run of fixtures over the next few weeks and I can understand him not wanting to risk Dinny or Pender on that plastic pitch. It wasn' a coincidence that Bohs struggled at the start of last year with the condensed start to the season and found form in the second half of the season with the longer break between games.

Ref couldn't give that penalty quick enough last night and was a joke. It's clear the FAI refereeing assessors reports rank somewhere in importance along side corporate governance reviews in the FAI as this ref will get another game at the weekend without any censure. Shows what a job Kenny did when you think Dundalk were poxed to beat Boh's reserve team. Maybe Dundalk can get Kenny back as a"special advisor" They don't seem to have any coherent plan under their new manager even after a third of the season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    I couldn't make the match last night and saw the video first on my phone. It looked that contact was outside the box. However, watching it on the laptop makes it look like it was the defenders left leg that caught Kelly and the left leg was inside the box.

Really need to see it from another angle to be certain.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    There's a lot of bullets needed in the LOI this season it seems.
    Anyone looking for an "enough is enough " banner, give me a shout, as I might know where I can lay my hands on one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    HEE -hee

Loving all the Bohs throwing shade at Dundalk with all the 'b' side rubbish lol

Give me a fooking break and cop on.

Dundalk also dropped a number of players also and played Joe Mckee.That was an advantage in it self advantage to bohs.
    Joe will be out with the 19's next week.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast