Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Games 12th -15th April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Is that an assumption or did you survey all the Bohs fans on your referee conspiracy theory on your way out?

If a defender fouls a player at the penalty box, he always runs the risk of conceding a penalty.

It must be hard to take, particularly when Bohs played so well, but maybe you should have a look at the full back who made the foul rather than the ref who was way closer to it than you
    Defender at fault when a ref makes a bad call ? Must remind you of that as season goes on I didn't realise the rule had changed to a penalty for a foul near the box, that just at Oriel ?
    Anyone who heard the booing of the (so called) officials at FT, and the lino on the main stand side scampering down the tunnel knows what Bohs fans thought of the officials 'display'.
    So how many Bohs fans did you speak to and how did you know they were 'magnanimous' ? Probably just happy to get out of the ****hole you call a ground

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    I'm soooooooooooo sorry. I just used one LOI player and an international side as an example. How many examples should I have used?

It's strange how Dundalk fans seem so interested in our team selection and think they know better than Keith Long when it comes to boh's team selection. We have one of the youngest squads in the league who are only part time. With a tough run of fixtures in the next few weeks which makes more sense as a manger: Focus on Dundalk away or UCD at home?

Frankly based on the size of both sides budgets/squads Bohs aren't competing with Dundalk or Rovers over the whole season. If we can maintain our current form and get 3rd place Keith Long should get manager of the year

I
    Dude.
    Change your username.
    You can see how this anomaly arose.Wexford ned like lol.

Yer still talking complete sh**e of course.

And don't call me Franky.

Only buzzing with you Wex.
    Dundalk fans are just interested in the main about KL's team selections v Dundalk.We won't give two friggs later,tomorrow or the next match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I spoke to a few Bohs fans on the way out of the stand and they were gutted as they did not deserve to lose the game. The general consensus was that Bohs played well and Dundalk were poor.

As for the penalty, there was little talk as to whether it was in the box or not. The only comment made was how foolish it was for the defender to make the tackle. I have watched the footage several times and I cannot tell whether the foul was in the box or not.

Great play by Daniel Kelly though.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Ah bless. So the rules have changed from a foul inside the penalty box is a penalty to a foul around the box is a penalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    I didn't realise the rule had changed to a penalty for a foul near the box, that just at Oriel ?
    My hunch is that the referree adjudged the foul to be at the penalty box - what do you boys think?

Defender at fault when a ref makes a bad call ? Must remind you of that as season goes on
    Defender is responsible for the foul - no foul, no penalty

Like I said before, some people will see this the way they want to see it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Frankly based on the size of both sides budgets/squads Bohs aren't competing with Dundalk or Rovers over the whole season. If we can maintain our current form and get 3rd place Keith Long should get manager of the year
    And, by rights, it would/should be a third in a row for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    None of us were close enough to categorically say if it was penalty or not. I was on the shed side and had a good view of it and though it was definitely a penalty. No amount of grainy footage or blurry blown up stills of said footage will clear it up.

The one thing I would point towards is the reaction of the Bohs players, if it was a dive or outside the box you would expect some serious protests, however there were none. This to me is the clearest indication that it was a penalty

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    None of us were close enough to categorically say if it was penalty or not. I was on the shed side and had a good view of it and though it was definitely a penalty. No amount of grainy footage or blurry blown up stills of said footage will clear it up.

The one thing I would point towards is the reaction of the Bohs players, if it was a dive or outside the box you would expect some serious protests, however there were none. This to me is the clearest indication that it was a penalty
    Or the players were jaded after 96 minutes ? and used to home town calls from the clowns 'officiating' the game ? or maybe Bohs players don't whinge at every decision like Dundalk players did last night ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Or the players were jaded after 96 minutes ? and used to home town calls from the clowns 'officiating' the game ? or maybe Bohs players don't whinge at every decision like Dundalk players did last night ?
    Too tired or too polite not to protest a 93rd minute penalty decision that cost them the game? Log off will you, you're embarrassing yourself now. Go prep for the cup final

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    My hunch is that the referree adjudged the foul to be at the penalty box - what do you boys think?

and some who didn't even think there was contact (see #92) will try and blame the defender there is no AT the penalty box, its inside or out and that clown was giving a penalty either way (just as he played over the 4 minutes allotted time) Kelly's roll - has he stopped yet ? just gave him the excuse he was waiting for.

Probably as well, as we would have been there until midnight waiting on Dundalk to get in the box again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Too tired or too polite not to protest a 93rd minute penalty decision that cost them the game? Log off will you, you're embarrassing yourself now. Go prep for the cup final
    what is the fixation with shams ? Honestly now, its almost scary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    I'm away from this stupidity.

Delighted we bate yis.

Complainy oyl trout fux

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    I'm away from this stupidity.

Delighted THE REF bate yis.

Complainy oyl trout fux
    Fixed that for you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desaintsno.12 View Post
    Derry were far superior to us before the red card. Another game of us looking awful and another game showing how clueless and inept Kenny is. Would love to see the club sack him ASAP, but can't see it.
    I have to say I was really impressed with Derry last night.

Their passing for the first 30 minutes was some of the best I've ever seen by a LoI team with Bruna, Harkin and Sloggett completely bossing the game.

The funny thing was the sending off actually seemed to help Pat's as they went to 4 at the back and needed the midfielders to drop back. The formation they had was really 5 at the back because Bermingham and Madden are defenders first and foremost, so they carried hardly any threat. Had Pat's got another goal back in the 2nd half it could have been interesting as Derry really lost their momentum when they became more cautious.

Playing like they did in the first 30 minutes I could definitely see them beating the "invincibles" on Friday night.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    I have to say I was really impressed with Derry last night.

Playing like they did in the first 30 minutes I could definitely see them beating the "invincibles" on Friday night.
    We've already been vinced

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I always thought the ref is responsible for making the decisons on penalties. Make defenders responsible and they'd never give a penalty.

In you twisted logic even though the defender fouled the player outside the box its his fault its a penalty and the ref has no responsibility for getting the decision wrong.

Just to be clear going forward, apart from penalty decisons memtioned previously and the role of the ref and his/her responsibilities is there any other rules that are different in dundalk compared with standard rules everyone else follows that opposition teams should be aware of going forward this season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Going forward with responsibility.

i'll die this fecking day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I always thought the ref is responsible for making the decisons on penalties. Make defenders responsible and they'd never give a penalty.

In you twisted logic even though the defender fouled the player outside the box its his fault its a penalty and the ref has no responsibility for getting the decision wrong.

Just to be clear going forward, apart from penalty decisons memtioned previously and the role of the ref and his/her responsibilities is there any other rules that are different in dundalk compared with standard rules everyone else follows that opposition teams should be aware of going forward this season?

I think the rules around Diesel production are different in Dundalk, maybe the ref was inhaling before he got to the ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts

If you are taking the Junior Cert soon, I'd suggest the ordinary level in English comprehension.

For revision, try to figure out the difference between
    "Defender is responsible for the foul - no foul, no penalty"
    and
    "the ref is responsible for making the decisons on penalties"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts
    Good to see Dundalk fans have found a new internet rival now that Cork have faded away

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Good to see Dundalk fans have found a new internet rival now that Cork have faded away
    The Cork lads are probably hurting too much for any internet jousting and most of the Bohs lads are only wounded wanna-be's

I yearn for the day when Sligo Rovers re-emerge.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast