Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Games 12th -15th April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Great performance from our under 19's.Deserved a point , at least.The Peno was Dundalks only shot on target.
    That Dundalk team look very stale, will not catch Rovers.
    This is the strange thing for me. Bohs declined to play this game when it was scheduled as they were missing 2 players on under-21 international duty. Instead they changed 7 players tonight. Why?

fwiw I thought it was a clear penalty at the time, on the replay it's a foul and marginal whether it's inside or outside the box. Two Bohs players on the spot made absolutely no protest, surely there'd be some objection if it was a dive and/or outside the box!
    Last edited by seand; 16/04/2019 at 9:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    This is the strange thing for me. Bohs declined to play this game when it was scheduled as they were missing 2 players on under-21 international duty. Instead they changed 7 players tonight. Why?
    They are playing Shamrock Rovers next Tuesday and don't want to go in to that with the same team that played 4 games in the last 12 days. Bohs seasons appear defined by the games against Rovers, though given their current league position, they may start to re-evaluate. The postponement backfired on them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    I can understand him not wanting to risk Dinny or Pender on that plastic pitch.
    Lolz, plastic pitch eh? You're so 1980s Ned! If Long didn't want to 'risk' players on Dundalk's 4g pitch last night wait til he sees the state of Richmond Park, the UCD Bowl, Finn Park in the pishing rain.......... Derry's new pitch iis the artificial too, the boys will presumably have that one off too, and will also be excused any training sessions on astro

Let's hope Bohs don't qualify for Europe... lots of 'plastic' pitches all over Northern Europe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    They are playing Shamrock Rovers next Tuesday and don't want to go in to that with the same team that played 4 games in the last 12 days. Bohs seasons appear defined by the games against Rovers, though given their current league position, they may start to re-evaluate. The postponement backfired on them.
    I understand and agree.... so why rotate the squad so extensively last night instead of playing with just 2 players missing when the game was scheduled (and when it was common knowledge that most of Dundalk's midfield was crocked at the time)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I think Long missed an opportunity last night to take 3 points due to a lack of belief.
    Its all very well keeping players fresh for the Rovers match but there was a real chance to put a marker down like Rovers did in Cork.
    Would it not have made more sense to go and win in Dundalk and then rest a few against UCD?
    Either way its great to have a compeititive league for the first time in a few years that is'nt just Cork / Dundalk.
    Sickener for Cork at UCD, i don't buy the sack Caulfield stuff after what he has achieved there 10 games into the season but momentum is building against him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    There's a lot of bullets needed in the LOI this season it seems.
    Anyone looking for an "enough is enough " banner, give me a shout, as I might know where I can lay my hands on one.
    Yes please.
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Sickener for Cork at UCD, i don't buy the sack Caulfield stuff after what he has achieved there 10 games into the season but momentum is building against him
    This isn't based off 10 games though, the majority of last season was unconvincing then the last 1/4 was just complete muck like the 10 games we've played thus far in 2019.He hasn't changed anything from losing Maguire when it was obvious the system at the end of 2017 wasn't working. The players have given up the gun now, a few aren't good enough but plenty of them are. He needs to walk or be pushed because before we know it we'll be in a relegation battle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Nothing to do with part time players ? played a second string earlier in the season for second game of double header (UCD away) as well, but don't let the facts.... At at this stage Dundalk are more fixated with shams than we are neither team sought to have the original date go ahead so anything about Dundalk 'wanting' it played is BS.
    Given the part time playing structure we have 2 games a week is too much for most of our players and that is the only criteria used.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Lolz, plastic pitch eh? You're so 1980s Ned! If Long didn't want to 'risk' players on Dundalk's 4g pitch last night wait til he sees the state of Richmond Park, the UCD Bowl, Finn Park in the pishing rain.......... Derry's new pitch iis the artificial too, the boys will presumably have that one off too, and will also be excused any training sessions on astro

Let's hope Bohs don't qualify for Europe... lots of 'plastic' pitches all over Northern Europe
    Bournemouth were one of a few clubs who wouldn't let their players play for Scotland on the plastic pitch in Kazakhstan in the last international window and a couple of other refused point blank to play on the pitch. Jason Byrne for example hated playing in Dundalk because his knees would be in bits for a few days afterwards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Given the part time playing structure we have 2 games a week is too much for most of our players and that is the only criteria used.
    If that's the only criteria surely it's better to play minus 2 players with 7 days rest either side, instead of minus 7 players in the middle of 5 games in 15 or 16 days? I just don't see the benefit for Bohs in postponing it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Nothing to do with part time players ? played a second string earlier in the season for second game of double header (UCD away) as well, but don't let the facts.... At at this stage Dundalk are more fixated with shams than we are neither team sought to have the original date go ahead so anything about Dundalk 'wanting' it played is BS.
    thats kind of my point though,
    I'm assuming you will be playing the first team next Tuesday so unless you are planning on continuing with last nights team against UCD this Friday it means your first team play Friday/Tuesday.
    Surely you would have been better to play the first team last night and the seconds on Friday against UCD , give them a week to get ready for the Derby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordned View Post
    Bournemouth were one of a few clubs who wouldn't let their players play for Scotland on the plastic pitch in Kazakhstan in the last international window and a couple of other refused point blank to play on the pitch. Jason Byrne for example hated playing in Dundalk because his knees would be in bits for a few days afterwards.
    Are you only catching-up on 10 year old loi news today?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Most of the Bohs fans I spoke to last night, took their unlucky defeat in a magnanimous way.

Internet fans seem altogether more hysterical and skittish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Ah its bad enough that we are absolutely woeful at the moment but the pitch in Richmond is excellent give us a break please.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    thats kind of my point though,
    I'm assuming you will be playing the first team next Tuesday so unless you are planning on continuing with last nights team against UCD this Friday it means your first team play Friday/Tuesday.
    Surely you would have been better to play the first team last night and the seconds on Friday against UCD , give them a week to get ready for the Derby.
    I don't know what team Keith long will put out but based on all previous games he will NOT play the same team Friday/Monday-Tuesday. This is nothing to do with shams game and everything to do with part time football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Most of the Bohs fans I spoke to last night, took their unlucky defeat in a magnanimous way.

Internet fans seem altogether more hysterical and skittish.
    I was in among the Bohs fans last night and everyone of them believed we were robbed. admittedly nobody headed off to the FAI with a can of petrol but that doesn't mean anyone accepted it.Nothing 'hard luck' about an appalling home town ref display but nothing new from him where Dundalk are concerned.
    Last edited by marinobohs; 16/04/2019 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    I've no problems saying Dundalk did not deserve to win that game last night, we were second best in very long periods and even a draw would have been just about all we were good enough for.

Granted Bohs did make 7 changes, but Dundalk were also without all of these from the starting xi and all played in the cup final, Benson, Gartland, Massey, Shields and McEleney, and the latter two only came on as second half subs and were clearly not match fit.

Not taking too much away from Bohs, they were excellent last night, won the MF area from early doors, huge gaps there for us, with the best of the new joins this year (Murray) also missing out, and it showed.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToberonaTornado View Post
    Are you only catching-up on 10 year old loi news today?
    I'm soooooooooooo sorry. I just used one LOI player and an international side as an example. How many examples should I have used?

It's strange how Dundalk fans seem so interested in our team selection and think they know better than Keith Long when it comes to boh's team selection. We have one of the youngest squads in the league who are only part time. With a tough run of fixtures in the next few weeks which makes more sense as a manger: Focus on Dundalk away or UCD at home?

Frankly based on the size of both sides budgets/squads Bohs aren't competing with Dundalk or Rovers over the whole season. If we can maintain our current form and get 3rd place Keith Long should get manager of the year

I

20. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    I was in among the Bohs fans last night and everyone of them believed we were robbed. admittedly nobody headed off to the FAI with a can of petrol but that doesn't mean anyone accepted it.Nothing 'hard luck' about an appalling home town ref display but nothing new from him where Dundalk are concerned.
    Is that an assumption or did you survey all the Bohs fans on your referee conspiracy theory on your way out?

If a defender fouls a player at the penalty box, he always runs the risk of conceding a penalty.

It must be hard to take, particularly when Bohs played so well, but maybe you should have a look at the full back who made the foul rather than the ref who was way closer to it than you

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Is that an assumption or did you survey all the Bohs fans on your referee conspiracy theory on your way out?

If a defender fouls a player at the penalty box, he always runs the risk of conceding a penalty.

It must be hard to take, particularly when Bohs played so well, but maybe you should have a look at the full back who made the foul rather than the ref who was way closer to it than you
    Ah bless. So the rules have changed from a foul inside the penalty box is a penalty to a foul around the box is a penalty. Good to know going forward. Shame on the Boh's fans for getting upset over this injury time decision. Should have the club set up a review why the fans had such bad feelings. Seems to the done thing in Irish football these days
    Last edited by wexfordned; 16/04/2019 at 1:54 PM.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast