Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games 12th -15th April

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Excellent performance from us last night and we were playing really well when Murray decided to throw the ball at the ref against Bohs so hopefully a sign that things are coming together somewhat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    We are staying up 😁 another good win for Bohs and another clean sheet.
    Big step up on Monday but so far loving this season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah View Post
    Excellent performance from us last night and we were playing really well when Murray decided to throw the ball at the ref against Bohs so hopefully a sign that things are coming together somewhat
    Ya, Dundalk didn't expect to have their arses handed to them and neither did we.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Bohs were solid if unspectacular, it was not all that different to the first game of the season. Unfortunately that's all you need against us at the minute as we fail to score so regularly and always look likely to give up chances.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    2FM reporting the protests at the Cork game in particular last night. Good stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Dreadful match at Turners Cross last night.
    Two poor teams but Pats deserved the point after spending a lot of the game with 10 players.
    Poor crowd as well 2400.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Cabinteely top of the First. Long way to go, but what happens if they get promoted? Stradbrook shouldn't be allowed host any football, particularly not a Premier Division game.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    They could share the bowl with ye!
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Ha!

I don't think the college would allow it.

They've asked about sharing the Carlisle before too; went nowhere.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I don't think Bohs have won a game in Finn Park in 10years. Solid , is just fine.
    Harps can't seem to catch a break but 75% of games left, so plenty of time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    I don't think Bohs have won a game in Finn Park in 10years. Solid , is just fine.
    Harps can't seem to catch a break but 75% of games left, so plenty of time
    You make your own luck aswell I think,fair play to Bohs a part time side second in the league is no mean feet and embarrassing a few of the full time ones,what I will say in regards to us that we've been destroyed by injuries in midfield and if the best side in this country can use that excuse so can we!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Good game last night in tallaght. This Rovers team is better than MON's league winning team, in my opinion. But that team had Twigg so another plan needy for this team.
    Bradley has achieved his 1st goal anyway, in having a good start to the season.
    Next 3 games against the teams directly below so it should give us a good indication of what's possible for the rest of the season.
    Does gartland think Rovers are a title threat yet?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    More penitently, do you think so yet?

(BTW - to my knowledge Brian Gartland has not publically expressed any opinion on that question)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Good game last night in tallaght. This Rovers team is better than MON's league winning team, in my opinion. But that team had Twigg so another plan needy for this team.
    Next 3 games against the teams directly below so it should give us a good indication of what's possible for the rest of the season.
    Does Gartland care ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Gartland was misquoted unfairly in a misleading headline. His comment about 'worrying about ourselves and our own form not what other teams are doing' was turned in to a silly 'Gartland not worried by Rovers' headline. My guess would be that yes a 13 point lead is a threat to others title ambitions especially with the weighting of games being early in the season. We need to go on a serious run of results starting tomorrow night, close the gap to 7, not drop anymore silly points then beat Rovers twice and draw one at minimum if Rovers dont look like dropping points. Its a great start for Rovers, could vindicate things fro Bradley and with a firing striker would be ominous for the rest of us.
    Alternately if Rovers blow the lead and are not in the mix right up to November then Bradley is back under the microscope with the only ace left to play being that he needs a striker to fulfill his plan. As is the case every season a bit of luck with injuries is needed, and the European season can effect the teams involved. I'm hoping that our larger squad with injured players back will mean that we cope better with the additional pressures. Rovers should be hoping for a decent run in Europe and if that happens a gap can dwindle, Cork falling over the line in 2017 with what being 20 points clear is the more recent example of the disruption Europe can cause.
    Obviously I hope Dundalk make group stages again but hopefully we a saavy enough to manage on the different fronts. As it stands though PC im pretty sure there are worried heads around Oriel at the moment caused by Rovers sprint out of the blocks. I am not so sure that Rovers are as confident as they should be, the game against Dundalk was very much a standing off rather than competing which at that point indicated that a fear factor existed. Points dropped and poor form from Dundalk should get teams out to try and outplay Dundalk rather than sit in and settle for a draw or an opportunistic win against a side on a poor run of form and a batch of injuries.

Pragmatic formation change is needed at Dundalk rather than try and slot players in out of position to plug a gap. It been well discussed that the usual formation doesnt function due to Hoare being limited in the holding midfield role. He can break up attacking play for sure but he doesnt have the calming influence, range of passing, and link up play to transition to attack and allow the wide men do damage. We saw that at Pats were they oacked their centre mid and that should have given our wingers licence to do what they liked but we didnt have Shields or Benson to get the ball to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I agree, the game in tallaght was the worst we've played all season.
    I think there was a fear of losing and the negative tone that would set.
    There will be less pressure in oriel as the season is well underway and I expect us to play a lot better.
    The Leed is great at the moment but could be gone in 2 weeks.
    It's exciting times for sure
    Dundalk are well capable of winning 10 games in a row or more, it's vital that we make hay now while they are struggling a bit.
    Last edited by sbgawa; 14/04/2019 at 10:01 PM.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Its a great start for Rovers, could vindicate things fro Bradley and with a firing striker would be ominous for the rest of us.
    Thing is Greene was pretty much the last piece of the puzzle (and Byrne an unexpected bonus). Greene is not a goalscorer unfortunately but the work he does up front makes it possible for all the players around him to shine, which is why Bradley waited so long to get him. Ideally, Greene would do all the work he does and be clinical in front of goal, but it doesn't look likely at the moment, and I can't think of a striker other than McMillan who fits the description in the league recently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Thing is Greene was pretty much the last piece of the puzzle (and Byrne an unexpected bonus). Greene is not a goalscorer unfortunately but the work he does up front makes it possible for all the players around him to shine, which is why Bradley waited so long to get him. Ideally, Greene would do all the work he does and be clinical in front of goal, but it doesn't look likely at the moment, and I can't think of a striker other than McMillan who fits the description in the league recently.
    He would be a decent signing. His time in Scotland started brightly but faded away badly. Playing benchwarmer at on loan at Hamilton from St. Johnstone who don't seem to want him. Might be an option in the summer?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    He would be a decent signing. His time in Scotland started brightly but faded away badly. Playing benchwarmer at on loan at Hamilton from St. Johnstone who don't seem to want him. Might be an option in the summer?
    McMillan is the best striker I've seen in the league since Twigg, and I say that as someone who thought he was useless before he joined Dundalk. I think every Rovers fan would be over the moon if he signed but I can't see it happening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Better than Maguire?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast