Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathan Collins D Brentford b.2001

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Benched for Craig Dawson today….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Who scores Wolves second in a 2-0 lead against Liverpool.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    Not ideal that our two breakout EPL level hopefuls are either dropped or probably would be dropped if a better option was available. Bazunu and Collins are not having the best starts to life at that level but they have time on their side. There shouldn't be so much pressure on a pair of lads who are 21 and 20 but that's where we are.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Not ideal that our two breakout EPL level hopefuls are either dropped or probably would be dropped if a better option was available. Bazunu and Collins are not having the best starts to life at that level but they have time on their side. There shouldn't be so much pressure on a pair of lads who are 21 and 20 but that's where we are.
    Yeah, the pair of them are finished. Collins won't get another game this season. And Bazunu shouldn't. At least Wolves saw sense to sign Dawson to replace Collins for good. Southampton on the other hand.. what are they thinking?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Yeah, the pair of them are finished. Collins won't get another game this season. And Bazunu shouldn't. At least Wolves saw sense to sign Dawson to replace Collins for good. Southampton on the other hand.. what are they thinking?
    Yeah that's exactly what I said.

They'll bounce back. To be honest I wish Bazunu had someone to fight for the jersey with. He's very young to be in the firing line week in week out. Collins battling it out with Dawson will be good for him. If that's how their manager sees it obviously. He's talking about rotating more which would also be fine.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    They'll bounce back. To be honest I wish Bazunu had someone to fight for the jersey with. He's very young to be in the firing line week in week out. Collins battling it out with Dawson will be good for him. If that's how their manager sees it obviously. He's talking about rotating more which would also be fine.
    I'd agree, Wolves bringing in a bit of nous is good even if short term Collins watches a few matches as the last thing he needs is another relegation, one can happen two is just careless but Southampton bringing in Jones is a real head shaker & looks like putting a relegation on Bazunus CV. He cracked under it at Stoke & he cracked again at the weekend in the post match. Tough time for both but all our emerging underage lads have had realities to deal with & will again, they remain good players.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olé Olé View Post
    Wow. WTF. Bit triggery there Ole maybe ?
    OTOH offerd a pretty fair assessment IMO, surely. Both players ( & the clubs who spent on them ) hoped to be in better shape than they currently are. Nothing wrong with pointing that out at all.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Wow. WTF. Bit triggery there Ole maybe ?
    OTOH offerd a pretty fair assessment IMO, surely. Both players ( & the clubs who spent on them ) hoped to be in better shape than they currently are. Nothing wrong with pointing that out at all.
    Relax. It was a joke.

I probably agree re Bazunu but Collins has had some very good games and it remains to be seen whether he has been dropped or rotated I feel.

Either way, there are very few centre halves and goalkeepers their age in the Premiership playing as many games as they have, not to mind playing and performing in a consistent manner. And both lads have been very good for Ireland. Whatever fortunes they have this season at club level probably won't impact them for Ireland and will probably serve them well in the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    He did well against Man City so odd he was left out for Liverpool. Going to be difficult to get back in as Dawson had a good game against Liverpool and Wolves aren't changing a winning team unless forced, especially with games against fellow relegation candidates coming up.

12. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I thought Dawson caused panic with a sloppy pass at one point. In fairness, it was the type of pass Collins is capable of too, but it made me think that there isn't much between them.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Benched again yesterday for the trip to Southampton. Bit concerning now I think - certainly bad timing with the Latvia/France games coming up. That goal in Lviv feels a whlie back now.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    He’ll come good. Think Dawson coming in will be good for him. He’s looked imperious in parts and then unnecessarily sloppy in others. Dawson is a seasoned centre-half who will give him someone to learn from, whilst giving him some healthy competition and allow him to get out of the firing line when out of form. Kilman made a few mistakes yesterday - with some fans calling for him to come back in. He’s been taught a lesson by both Kane and Haaland this season (as you’d expect for a young lad), so a bit of tuition by an old pro will see him truly fulfil his potential.

16. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    What will be good for him is playing games. All other talk is nonsense.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Great idea, Paul. Best to concentrate on the short term! In that case let’s throw him in at the deep end and watch his confidence get shot to ****e from an unforgiving crowd in the most competitive league in the world, whilst learning from an ex-non league player with relatively little more experience than him and continue to make unnecessary errors. Why not even loan him back to the championship, based upon that logic, for him to develop? I’m sure he’ll prosper.

Alternatively, rather than bed wetting we could have faith in his ability in the long term and merely see his brief absence as a learning curve in which when the opportunity arises, which it should do shortly, he needs to be at the top of his game, cut out stupid errors and learn increasingly from those around him, such as Dawson and Lopetegui in training. Exactly like O’Shea did when he was dropped at the expense of more experienced players, before going on to become Captain.

19. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Am I wrong to not really rate Craig Dawson? I've never really paid close attention to him but I always saw him as a journeyman - and I would have instinctively picked Duffy and Egan over him - but maybe I've underrated a decent defender

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    In all honesty, he went under the radar with me also, however West Ham fans love him and has looked good so far… https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic...d1b&start=1180 Remember Keith Curle teaching Lescott the tricks of the trade, who was prone to similar lapses, when he started out, so could be a good role model.

22. Thanks From:

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MancIrishWolf View Post
    Great idea, Paul. Best to concentrate on the short term! In that case let’s throw him in at the deep end and watch his confidence get shot to ****e from an unforgiving crowd in the most competitive league in the world, whilst learning from an ex-non league player with relatively little more experience than him and continue to make unnecessary errors. Why not even loan him back to the championship, based upon that logic, for him to develop? I’m sure he’ll prosper.

Alternatively, rather than bed wetting we could have faith in his ability in the long term and merely see his brief absence as a learning curve in which when the opportunity arises, which it should do shortly, he needs to be at the top of his game, cut out stupid errors and learn increasingly from those around him, such as Dawson and Lopetegui in training. Exactly like O’Shea did when he was dropped at the expense of more experienced players, before going on to become Captain.
    I seem to remember a time on here that there was a post of the month award or something.... Id bring it back just for this post alone!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MancIrishWolf View Post

I was away for a week or so there on a bit of a holiday, I thought this post might make a bit more sense a week later. But no it doesnt. Tbh I'd to google Dawsons career really cos I could only remember the time at West Ham. Since Collins has been dropped theyve lost 2/3 so a strange one really. And then you tried to compare it to O'shea being dropped at a PL side winning side with a World cup Winner in their ranks. Some serious Green tinted BS spin on this site from usual suspects but wasn't expecting the same from you. Being dropped for a PL/Championship career CB is not going to give him confidence and he's not going to learn much from him either.

We can hope the poor run of results since hes dropped sees him back in but wouldnt be too confident of that.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts
    Someone really must have put a gun to Lopetugi’s head telling him to play Dawson no matter what. I don’t really see any other logic.

26. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Funny that, as you were active enough on YBIG that night and the following week making friends?

Have neither the time or the patience to get embroiled in a petty argument, so will make this my last words on the matter:

1) Collins confidence was already shot and he was making unnecessary mistakes, including getting taught a lesson on movement and marking in the preceding game by Man City - he’s been taken out of the limelight temporarily, possibly as a lesson until he gets the opportunity again, which I’m sure he’ll seize, giving the management the opportunity to work with him in training in the interim.

2) Dawson will play his 250th Premier League game on Saturday in his 11th PL season (only one in the last 10 years has been in the Championship), so definitely more the former than the latter. In his first game we kept a clean sheet against Liverpool (something the mighty Real Madrid couldn’t last night). He’s a player who has come from the lower leagues to mature into an established and experienced centre half in the top flight (see West Ham link). Like Babb with McGrath, Collins will learn from him, especially when he eventually gets his opportunity to play alongside him.

3) All the best Players and Sportsmen have to overcome adversity - from Messi, Maradona to Muhammad Ali - it’s what makes them stronger for the future. Competition is good for Collins. Success can’t be seen as a formality.

4) When have West Brom ever had a World Cup winner in their ranks? I was referring to Dara.

It’s Ash Wednesday, on this auspicious day and as with Collins, Keep the Faith!

28. Thanks From:

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast