Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Nathan Collins D Brentford b.2001

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Showed some naïveté today. He was man marking Kane for the goal that won Spurs the match, letting him get away. Clearly was tracking the flight of the ball rather than his man, and Perisic flicked the ball in a different trajectory, leaving Kane a free header.

Also was nutmegged by Richarlison in the final 10 minutes on a counterattack. Ultimately that play didn’t cost his team and it wasn’t an easy situation but not a great look and on a different day might have led to another goal.

That said, a lot of good small moments in possession but some growing pains overall today. Needs to work on concentration and maybe some dark arts and the pragmatic aspects of being a central defender at the top level.

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Showed some naïveté today. He was man marking Kane for the goal that won Spurs the match, letting him get away. Clearly was tracking the flight of the ball rather than his man, and Perisic flicked the ball in a different trajectory, leaving Kane a free header.

Also was nutmegged by Richarlison in the final 10 minutes on a counterattack. Ultimately that play didn’t cost his team and it wasn’t an easy situation but not a great look and on a different day might have led to another goal.

That said, a lot of good small moments in possession but some growing pains overall today. Needs to work on concentration and maybe some dark arts and the pragmatic aspects of being a central defender at the top level.
    Kane did him big style there ~ Nathan completely lost his bearings ~ All part of the learning curve for a young player I suppose ~ I hope Wolves get a few results to take the pressure off.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Kane did him big style there ~ Nathan completely lost his bearings ~ All part of the learning curve for a young player I suppose ~ I hope Wolves get a few results to take the pressure off.
    Barr the goal
    I thought he was amazing
    He marked kane and son very well through out

5. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Barr the goal
    I thought he was amazing
    Two very good players ~ If Son was English the British Media would be having multiple orgasms every time he plays. Spurs are lucky to have Son ~ What a player. I am actually surprised that one of the Bigger / Biggest clubs have not come in for Son and offered Spurs a Big Price for him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanfhear View Post
    Two very good players ~ If Son was English the British Media would be having multiple orgasms every time he plays. Spurs are lucky to have Son ~ What a player. I am actually surprised that one of the Bigger / Biggest clubs have not come in for Son and offered Spurs a Big Price for him.
    Me too. I actually think if he was also Spanish or Brazilian... real Madrid and Munich etc would be fighting over him.
    Joint top scorer with Salah last season and know one cares!!

8. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    744 Posts
    They'd probably be salivating over Collins too by now if he was English. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd have taken him to Qatar if he'd been theirs.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs246 View Post
    Barr the goal
    I thought he was amazing
    This is true. I watched almost the full game and he was outstanding. Kane did him alright but the beauty is you know he’ll learn from it. He’s such a smart player.

He frustrated Kane and Son for 95% of the game. There was one passage in particular where Son got in behind the Wolves back line and was, basically, just keeper to beat. Collins had about 5 yards to make up - which he did - getting a block on Son’s shot at the last second. Stunning recovery against a player that fast and clinical.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,627 Posts
    Just spotted Stephen Kenny and Keith Andrews in the stand during todays game between Wolves and Newcastle. Obviously taking in Collins - - anyone else? Any potentially eligibles we’re not aware of…?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Just spotted Stephen Kenny and Keith Andrews in the stand during todays game between Wolves and Newcastle. Obviously taking in Collins - - anyone else? Any potentially eligibles we’re not aware of…?
    Don't believe so but hopefully they have chatted with Ronan once in Wolverhampton.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Just got sent off against Man City for murdering Jack Grealish and I'm quite okay with that.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    A ridiculous challenge that,so stupid….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Very poor challenge. Hopefully he will continue to learn from it. He has been playing great but still prone to the hairy moment in most games this season

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    If Ronan can’t get on now with Wolves with nothing to play for, he will need to give up the ghost of trying to make it at wolves. The cord will be cut in January definitively hopefully

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    They'd probably be salivating over Collins too by now if he was English. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd have taken him to Qatar if he'd been theirs.
    But we're salivating over him. If he wasn't Irish, our interest would be superficial.

22. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Just got sent off against Man City for murdering Jack Grealish and I'm quite okay with that.
    1 down, 1 to go

24. Thanks From:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    I love Collins and his attitude I think he never went to the ball he just stomp on that turncoat and idiotic type ( remember ex Lanús Almirón when the paraguayan was mocked by big Jacko) , Collins he is done what it was meant to be , it cant be that everyone despises Jacko, anyway I think Maddison is soon avail for Ireland, under the new rules, so that could be good news for the republic, on Wolves, yes Ronan has to play, but I would have given him a chance in this games, as for Collins, I would try him in the middle of the park from now on, a la Mark Lawrenson next to the small fellow from Anderlecht

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    I see that Nathan’s Manager has been sacked ~ ~ It will be interesting to see if that has any affect on Nathan.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    426 Posts
    Lage started Neves at CB in Collins absence while two other CBs sat on the bench so don't think he's anything to worry about with losing his place. Unless any new manager is given funds and decides to strengthen at CB to add competition for Collins and Kilman.

28. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Not sure what a "typical Irish centre back is" but this is good
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    744 Posts
    The guy that runs that page tends to overhype Irish players a bit. Actually, Collins' defensive stats don't look that great there.

Typical Irish centre back presumably means a Shane Duffy, Richard Dunne type.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast