Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Nathan Collins D Brentford b.2001

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Sounds like he went OK today. He is starting out of necessity more than anything at the moment with all the defensive injuries, in truth. But maybe he can play himself back into form. I think maybe he has believed the hype a bit too much in the last couple of years, maybe tries to do too much with the ball but hasn't focused enough on the nuts and bolts of defending - marking, concentration etc. I'm still hopeful he'll come good.
    Collins normally plays on the right of a back three at Brentford - today he was playing on the left, replacing Mee - not his natural position.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Sounds like he went OK today. He is starting out of necessity more than anything at the moment with all the defensive injuries, in truth. But maybe he can play himself back into form. I think maybe he has believed the hype a bit too much in the last couple of years, maybe tries to do too much with the ball but hasn't focused enough on the nuts and bolts of defending - marking, concentration etc. I'm still hopeful he'll come good.
    Wasn't at the game myself, but speaking to my mate who was, plus looking at the fans' forums, I'm afraid he wasn't "OK". Now tbf, he probably wasn't any worse than the two other CB's, plus he was out of position on the left, as JRG says.

Either way, even while their attacking play is very good, and the gk has found some form, BFC's defence is leaking goals alarmingly. Hardly surprising when their first choice back five from last season are all missing. While the general concensus on NC is that his confidence is shot, but there is literally no-one else to take his place and allow him a period out of the spotlight to get his confidence back.

Still, for his sake it must be hoped that "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

3. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    Wasn't at the game myself, but speaking to my mate who was, plus looking at the fans' forums, I'm afraid he wasn't "OK". Now tbf, he probably wasn't any worse than the two other CB's, plus he was out of position on the left, as JRG says.

Either way, even while their attacking play is very good, and the gk has found some form, BFC's defence is leaking goals alarmingly. Hardly surprising when their first choice back five from last season are all missing. While the general concensus on NC is that his confidence is shot, but there is literally no-one else to take his place and allow him a period out of the spotlight to get his confidence back.

Still, for his sake it must be hoped that "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger".
    That's what makes on professional at one's job. It'd the hard that makes you hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts
    That Brentford defence seems positional unsure and clueless as to who is supposed to be picking up who. The second Chelsea goal the example. Brentford outnumbered Chelsea in the box but two Chelsea players had free runs at the back post to attack the ball. Looks like Collins is at fault for the goal but the back three are not in sync.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    He was waving an imaginary card today against Arsenal when Havertz went down very easily.

Embarrassing.

7. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backstothewall View Post
    He was waving an imaginary card today against Arsenal when Havertz went down very easily.

Embarrassing.
    Did he not get a Valentines day card ? !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    742 Posts
    Part of a defence that conceded three today and had a right good row with Ivan Toney on the pitch at the end of the game.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526