Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games 5th/6th April

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    While I think Shamrock R will win the league this year, a win would certainly strengthen that belief. Harps should get a good gate from their derby up their. Limerick have been the best away supporters we have had in Galway in recent seasons, so hope they bring a good few. A draw would be a ok result for Galway I think.
    As mentioned above the Shels/Bray will be the big game in Dublin this weekend. wonder will the fans rep Noel Rock go to it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    What type of crowd would you expect for this. In some ways i want it to be lowish so our backing can be heard as much as poss, but then i want to see the biggest crowds poss at every atch
    Definitely lowish, but tends to be very weather dependent. If it rains an hour before the game, we lose a load of people unfortunately. So hard to be sure.

Maybe 3-3.5k I would guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Definitely lowish, but tends to be very weather dependent. If it rains an hour before the game, we lose a load of people unfortunately. So hard to be sure.

Maybe 3-3.5k I would guess.
    In an all seater, all covered stadium ? That's very poor by those who would make that decision. I think on attendance overall, Cork must have the biggest floating fan base, as home crowds can range from a season high of almost 7k ? to a low of around 2.5k?

On the game tonight, although Cork didnt have a shot on target last Friday, they were decent in MF, I have a feeling they might get a decent result, but Rovers are water tight at the back, it maybe heading for a draw.

Dundalk will have a tricky game tonight, Pats poor form won't last forever, I would take any type of win, but I think we should be strong enough to take all 3 points.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    423 Posts
    Cork Rovers is a nil nil all over for me. Cork low on confidence but solid in midfield. Rovers lacking a real goal scorer and relying on midfield for goals, where Cork are strongest. Should be an interesting game all the same.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Expect the game in Cork will be tight so would have to fancy a draw (0-0 or 1-1). Pats will improve but unless there is a major attitude change from last Friday they wont get much from Dundalk. decent crowd going to Sligo on Saturday from Bohs and we would hope to get something from the game. I Would like to see Harps get something (just the underdog thing) but it is already looking like a short stay in the Premier for them, even this early. A decent result or two at home might give Harps some momentum but don't see it this week (or hopefully not next week ).

Shels V Bray looks the interesting one in Dublin this weekend, the Tolka all stars will be under huge pressure were they to lose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    UCD AFC w Waterford FC, the UCD Bowl, ko 19:45
    Should be a nother good game of football on Campus as the Studnets take on The Blues. UCD have ramped up their performances form the beginning of the PD season and they are getting coser and closer to matching each of the opponents.
    UCD AFC Media Officer Conor McCarthy with info on tonight's game.
    http://ucdsupporters.ie/blog/2019/04...th-april-2019/
    Via http://www.ucdsupporters.ie/blog

UCD AFC 2:1 Waterford FC FAI Senior Cup 1/4 Final, 2017
    " I'll go right up to here,
    it can't possibly hurt.
    All they will find is my
    beer and my shirt."

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    While I think Shamrock R will win the league this year, a win would certainly strengthen that belief. Harps should get a good gate from their derby up their. Limerick have been the best away supporters we have had in Galway in recent seasons, so hope they bring a good few. A draw would be a ok result for Galway I think.
    As mentioned above the Shels/Bray will be the big game in Dublin this weekend. wonder will the fans rep Noel Rock go to it?
    didnt know TD noel rock was a shels fan?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Possibly a dig at Noel Rock's self appointed status as the fans champion versus the FAI big wigs?
    Could be a Shels fan, who knows ?Have never seen him at a game other than at premium level in the Aviva.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,196 Posts
    Waterford are as ****e as our pitch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    In an all seater, all covered stadium ? That's very poor by those who would make that decision. I think on attendance overall, Cork must have the biggest floating fan base, as home crowds can range from a season high of almost 7k ? to a low of around 2.5k?

On the game tonight, although Cork didnt have a shot on target last Friday, they were decent in MF, I have a feeling they might get a decent result, but Rovers are water tight at the back, it maybe heading for a draw.

Dundalk will have a tricky game tonight, Pats poor form won't last forever, I would take any type of win, but I think we should be strong enough to take all 3 points.
    Stadium isn't all covered. Roof doesn't go full length About 60% of the Donie Forde, 40% of the St Anne's aren't covered. Both our biggest stands.

But yes, we've a big floating fan base. 2.5k is about the hard-core. Anything above that is a bonus based of context.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Congrats Rovers on the title if scores stay as theyare at 9pm.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Think it's too early to be giving us the title, as much as I'd like to take it, a 10 point lead with 2 games more played and 3 games to come against second place if far from insurmountable.

Dundalks twitter taking the approach of just acting as if the Pats goal never happened. That's one way to do it I suppose

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Some game in Athlone now 3-4Drogs !!! Come on!
    Drogheda United in this together

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Seriously good performance from Rovers.Very poor from Cork though. If they keep that up it really will be down to the wire with Dundalk,unless they get a manager in.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Athlone 3-5 Drogs

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    What happened to the whole showing goals from other games? Your man was only on GLITW going on about that feature being the best thing since sliced bread this week

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Rovers looked very solid tonight, ominously good in fact. Cork looked a much lesser team than recent years.

4 wins in a row for Limerick. Us and Longford looking the most consistent so far. Big win for Shels against Bray.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Great performance from rovers.
    Great to win in cork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Delighted with that win tonight as it was badly needed. It’s the best we looked in a few weeks. The shape overall and work rate was brilliant. I thought Shaw did well up top and Forrester had his best game this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Great performance given the opposition plus our recent form. Was a little reminiscent of the Cork game earlier in the season. We're still struggling to create much but I would have taken anything tonight so can't complain, hopefully this will kick start some more confident performances.

Worth pointing out that Forrester finally got going tonight, his touch was brilliant for the most part and you could see him enjoying himself more and more as the game opened up. Jamie Lennon isn't long for this league also, plays like someone far beyond his years in that position.

Most flat Dundalk performance I've seen (in the league anyway) for a long time against us though. Kelly in the first half and Hoban in the second had chances they shouldn't have squandered so poorly but apart from that they were mostly limited to - granted very dangerous - efforts from Murray from range. Lot of uncharacteristicly sloppy stuff, Cleary had an absolute howler for the own goal.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast