Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's games

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Pats=Rovers B.
    They were awful Mc Bride looked to be dominating the game until Kenny inexplicably hauled him off
    Boys were quite good , helped by HK,s cluelessness and a decent game olan

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Great win tonight for Bohs. Pats had a lot of the ball but created very little of note, look like a collection of good players rather than a team. Bohs looked the opposite, maybe less individually able but gelled together as a team.
    If only the League was Dublin derbies 
    Setting up nicely for your first visit to the deep ssouthside in a fortnight, gonna be a big crowd at this, did i ever tell ye about the law of averages because i have been telling myself a lot about it this evening

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Setting up nicely for your first visit to the deep ssouthside in a fortnight, gonna be a big crowd at this, did i ever tell ye about the law of averages because i have been telling myself a lot about it this evening
    “The law of averages “ 😁 sounds like a Bradser team talk.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Great game of ball in Tallaght last night again Rovers passed the ball really well and should of been outta sight on 30 minutes. Aaron Greene is getting plenty of chances only for the 3 offside goals, numerous excellent saves from pesky keepers and him missing more than one sitter soo far this season he would be near double figs, just hope Mr Bradly keeps playing him so he gets the chance to run into a bit of goal scoring form.
    We may actually get that runners up spot and finish within 10, that would be progress
    Brilliant atmosphere for a UCD game i have to say and project fear about the project seems to have got out of the car to do a bit of shoppin in the square. Mr Bradly is now in learning mode and lets see if he can pass this seasons exam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Comfortable win for Waterford in front of crowd of 2004. Finn Harps had already got 3 yellows in first 25 minutes when their midfielder got a 2nd yellow for another bad tackle. Aaron Drinan got 2 for the 2nd game in a row. Shane Duggan capped off a fine display with a nice finish and Dean Walsh headed a 4th late on after a good cross from Akinade.

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I was delighted with Dundalk's performance tonight. Going in to a game against your main rivals for the last five years, without your three starting midfielders and having to play two players who are unable to train due to carrying injuries is not ideal.

I thought Dundalk showed the greater attacking threat throughout. However, I was impressed by Graham Cummins, he won most headers he challenged for and had Cork someone running through for knock-ons (like Barry McNamee), they could have capitalised.

Jamie McGrath was a joy to watch, he has lovely balance and control.
    So everyone fit Murray doesn't start for you in your opinion?

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    To be fair, it is an interesting question about who will become first choice when everyone is fit.

The starting midfield for the cup final last season and the opening league game was

Chris Shields | Robbie Benson
    John Mountney | Patrick McEleney | Michael Duffy

Only Chris Shields and Michael Duffy can be confident of their places. Sean Murray, Daniel Kelly and Jamie McGrath will compete strongly with Robbie Benson, John Mountney and Patrick McEleney respectively, while Jordan Flores could well work his way into that frame.

There are others such as Joe McKee, Sean Hoare, Dean Jarvis or Cameron Dummigan who could possibly play their way into a midfield place.

Fitness and form (along with tactical considerations) will determine who gets the midfield places

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    If everone was fit at the moment, I would expect Shields, Benson, and McEleney to start as the three central midfielders.

Murray is settling in very well and is showing an ability to control games that Benson doesn't seem to possess. However, Benson provides great dynamism to the midfield, which Perth (and Kenny before him) appear to value. Murray will challenge Benson, and Benson will have to be at the top of his game to retain his place. Form will be the deciding factor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    If everone was fit at the moment, I would expect Shields, Benson, and McEleney to start as the three central midfielders.

Murray is settling in very well and is showing an ability to control games that Benson doesn't seem to possess. However, Benson provides great dynamism to the midfield, which Perth (and Kenny before him) appear to value. Murray will challenge Benson, and Benson will have to be at the top of his game to retain his place. Form will be the deciding factor.
    Murray is clearly not fully fit yet but on his game is a class player. I would be very surprised if he wasn’t a starter if every player was fully fit.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    First division is atrocious.

We are awful, and are second in the table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    We may actually get that runners up spot and finish within 10, that would be progress
    Yeah you keep telling yourself that, you might actually start believing it! Would that count as a successful season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Bookies have dundalk as odds on and they aren't often wrong.
    The depth of their squad will probably tell as the season go's on but it's nice to be at least competing.
    After 18 games last year we had 23 points , 22 after 9 this year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Bookies have dundalk as odds on and they aren't often wrong.
    The depth of their squad will probably tell as the season go's on but it's nice to be at least competing.
    After 18 games last year we had 23 points , 22 after 9 this year
    We are rightly favourites but these constant statements from Rovers fans about hopefully finishing within 10 points are laughable. It's a two horse race and you're as piebald as they come 😉

Would Rovers fans really be happy to come second and 10 points behind?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Based on the money spent by dundalk, coupled with a league winning team, most of whom have been together for the last 5/6 years, yes it would be regarded as progress at Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Based on the money spent by dundalk, coupled with a league winning team, most of whom have been together for the last 5/6 years, yes it would be regarded as progress at Rovers.
    That's the question dodged twice now. I didn't ask if it would be progress, obviously getting even one more point than last season counts as progress, I asked if Rovers fans would regard that as a successful season?

If so Bradley must be delighted. Calling for his head last season and now content with coming within 10 points!

Also don't kid yourselves that there isn't big money being spent at Rovers. No doubt Dundalk have the biggest budget but it's justified by trophies. What will justify Rovers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Longford beat Shelbourne 2 nil, Shelbourne's big investment not looking good so far......

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Longford beat Shelbourne 2 nil, Shelbourne's big investment not looking good so far......
    It's looking like its going to be a car crash, already lost the same amount of games as the whole of last season
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

20. Thanks From:

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Town's investment in Conor Kenna on the other hand is working out rather well so far.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

22. Thanks From:

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Town's investment in Conor Kenna on the other hand is working out rather well so far.
    conor kenna and mick mcdonnell are some combination.brings much needed stability to defence. mick mcdonnell was my man of match tonight. we have really come on this season and dont accuse me of being cocky but I think we will have great stab of promotion so long as the buildings blocks remain intact..
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    That's the question dodged twice now. I didn't ask if it would be progress, obviously getting even one more point than last season counts as progress, I asked if Rovers fans would regard that as a successful season?

If so Bradley must be delighted. Calling for his head last season and now content with coming within 10 points!

Also don't kid yourselves that there isn't big money being spent at Rovers. No doubt Dundalk have the biggest budget but it's justified by trophies. What will justify Rovers?
    Of course rovers fans won't be happy to finish 10 points behind but the gap in resources makes that a likelihood as the bookies are betting on.
    It doesn't mean we won't be trying to win the league it's just a dose of reality.
    The team with the biggest budget doesn't always win, we just need a decent bounce of the ball and luck with injuries

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast