Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 102

Thread: Tonight's games

  1. #21
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,527
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    267
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Pats=Rovers B.
    They were awful Mc Bride looked to be dominating the game until Kenny inexplicably hauled him off
    Boys were quite good , helped by HK,s cluelessness and a decent game olan

  2. #22
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    209
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Great win tonight for Bohs. Pats had a lot of the ball but created very little of note, look like a collection of good players rather than a team. Bohs looked the opposite, maybe less individually able but gelled together as a team.
    If only the League was Dublin derbies 
    Setting up nicely for your first visit to the deep ssouthside in a fortnight, gonna be a big crowd at this, did i ever tell ye about the law of averages because i have been telling myself a lot about it this evening

  3. #23
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,160
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    331
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    570
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    Setting up nicely for your first visit to the deep ssouthside in a fortnight, gonna be a big crowd at this, did i ever tell ye about the law of averages because i have been telling myself a lot about it this evening
    “The law of averages “ 😁 sounds like a Bradser team talk.

  4. #24
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    209
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    14
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Great game of ball in Tallaght last night again Rovers passed the ball really well and should of been outta sight on 30 minutes. Aaron Greene is getting plenty of chances only for the 3 offside goals, numerous excellent saves from pesky keepers and him missing more than one sitter soo far this season he would be near double figs, just hope Mr Bradly keeps playing him so he gets the chance to run into a bit of goal scoring form.
    We may actually get that runners up spot and finish within 10, that would be progress
    Brilliant atmosphere for a UCD game i have to say and project fear about the project seems to have got out of the car to do a bit of shoppin in the square. Mr Bradly is now in learning mode and lets see if he can pass this seasons exam.

  5. #25
    Reserves trevy's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Posts
    509
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Comfortable win for Waterford in front of crowd of 2004. Finn Harps had already got 3 yellows in first 25 minutes when their midfielder got a 2nd yellow for another bad tackle. Aaron Drinan got 2 for the 2nd game in a row. Shane Duggan capped off a fine display with a nice finish and Dean Walsh headed a 4th late on after a good cross from Akinade.

  6. Thanks From:


  7. #26
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    932
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    125
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    I was delighted with Dundalk's performance tonight. Going in to a game against your main rivals for the last five years, without your three starting midfielders and having to play two players who are unable to train due to carrying injuries is not ideal.

    I thought Dundalk showed the greater attacking threat throughout. However, I was impressed by Graham Cummins, he won most headers he challenged for and had Cork someone running through for knock-ons (like Barry McNamee), they could have capitalised.

    Jamie McGrath was a joy to watch, he has lovely balance and control.
    So everyone fit Murray doesn't start for you in your opinion?

  8. #27
    Seasoned Pro Ezeikial's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,515
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    142
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    972
    Thanked in
    590 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    So everyone fit Murray doesn't start for you in your opinion?
    To be fair, it is an interesting question about who will become first choice when everyone is fit.

    The starting midfield for the cup final last season and the opening league game was

    Chris Shields | Robbie Benson
    John Mountney | Patrick McEleney | Michael Duffy


    Only Chris Shields and Michael Duffy can be confident of their places. Sean Murray, Daniel Kelly and Jamie McGrath will compete strongly with Robbie Benson, John Mountney and Patrick McEleney respectively, while Jordan Flores could well work his way into that frame.

    There are others such as Joe McKee, Sean Hoare, Dean Jarvis or Cameron Dummigan who could possibly play their way into a midfield place.

    Fitness and form (along with tactical considerations) will determine who gets the midfield places

  9. #28
    Seasoned Pro White Horse's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dundalk
    Posts
    3,614
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    248
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,045
    Thanked in
    546 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    So everyone fit Murray doesn't start for you in your opinion?
    If everone was fit at the moment, I would expect Shields, Benson, and McEleney to start as the three central midfielders.

    Murray is settling in very well and is showing an ability to control games that Benson doesn't seem to possess. However, Benson provides great dynamism to the midfield, which Perth (and Kenny before him) appear to value. Murray will challenge Benson, and Benson will have to be at the top of his game to retain his place. Form will be the deciding factor.

  10. #29
    Reserves Yossarian's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    873
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    199
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    If everone was fit at the moment, I would expect Shields, Benson, and McEleney to start as the three central midfielders.

    Murray is settling in very well and is showing an ability to control games that Benson doesn't seem to possess. However, Benson provides great dynamism to the midfield, which Perth (and Kenny before him) appear to value. Murray will challenge Benson, and Benson will have to be at the top of his game to retain his place. Form will be the deciding factor.
    Murray is clearly not fully fit yet but on his game is a class player. I would be very surprised if he wasn’t a starter if every player was fully fit.

  11. #30
    International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Limerick for now.
    Posts
    7,277
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,107
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,513
    Thanked in
    829 Posts
    First division is atrocious.

    We are awful, and are second in the table.

  12. #31
    Reserves mcgonigle's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    839
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    211
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingswood Rover View Post
    We may actually get that runners up spot and finish within 10, that would be progress
    Yeah you keep telling yourself that, you might actually start believing it! Would that count as a successful season?

  13. #32
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,668
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    72
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    316
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Bookies have dundalk as odds on and they aren't often wrong.
    The depth of their squad will probably tell as the season go's on but it's nice to be at least competing.
    After 18 games last year we had 23 points , 22 after 9 this year

  14. #33
    Reserves mcgonigle's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    839
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    211
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Bookies have dundalk as odds on and they aren't often wrong.
    The depth of their squad will probably tell as the season go's on but it's nice to be at least competing.
    After 18 games last year we had 23 points , 22 after 9 this year
    We are rightly favourites but these constant statements from Rovers fans about hopefully finishing within 10 points are laughable. It's a two horse race and you're as piebald as they come 😉

    Would Rovers fans really be happy to come second and 10 points behind?

  15. #34
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,136
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    110
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Based on the money spent by dundalk, coupled with a league winning team, most of whom have been together for the last 5/6 years, yes it would be regarded as progress at Rovers.

  16. #35
    Reserves mcgonigle's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    839
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    211
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Based on the money spent by dundalk, coupled with a league winning team, most of whom have been together for the last 5/6 years, yes it would be regarded as progress at Rovers.
    That's the question dodged twice now. I didn't ask if it would be progress, obviously getting even one more point than last season counts as progress, I asked if Rovers fans would regard that as a successful season?

    If so Bradley must be delighted. Calling for his head last season and now content with coming within 10 points!

    Also don't kid yourselves that there isn't big money being spent at Rovers. No doubt Dundalk have the biggest budget but it's justified by trophies. What will justify Rovers?

  17. #36
    Reserves joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    928
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    45
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Longford beat Shelbourne 2 nil, Shelbourne's big investment not looking good so far......

  18. Thanks From:


  19. #37
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    557
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    195
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    152
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Longford beat Shelbourne 2 nil, Shelbourne's big investment not looking good so far......
    It's looking like its going to be a car crash, already lost the same amount of games as the whole of last season
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

  20. Thanks From:


  21. #38
    Coach Longfordian's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,308
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    632
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,455
    Thanked in
    967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Longford beat Shelbourne 2 nil, Shelbourne's big investment not looking good so far......
    Town's investment in Conor Kenna on the other hand is working out rather well so far.
    "He mightn't always be right but he's never wrong"

  22. Thanks From:


  23. #39
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    7,890
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,864
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    524
    Thanked in
    439 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Town's investment in Conor Kenna on the other hand is working out rather well so far.
    conor kenna and mick mcdonnell are some combination.brings much needed stability to defence. mick mcdonnell was my man of match tonight. we have really come on this season and dont accuse me of being cocky but I think we will have great stab of promotion so long as the buildings blocks remain intact..
    Neale Fenn red and black army

  24. #40
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,668
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    72
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    316
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    That's the question dodged twice now. I didn't ask if it would be progress, obviously getting even one more point than last season counts as progress, I asked if Rovers fans would regard that as a successful season?

    If so Bradley must be delighted. Calling for his head last season and now content with coming within 10 points!

    Also don't kid yourselves that there isn't big money being spent at Rovers. No doubt Dundalk have the biggest budget but it's justified by trophies. What will justify Rovers?
    Of course rovers fans won't be happy to finish 10 points behind but the gap in resources makes that a likelihood as the bookies are betting on.
    It doesn't mean we won't be trying to win the league it's just a dose of reality.
    The team with the biggest budget doesn't always win, we just need a decent bounce of the ball and luck with injuries

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tonight's games
    By pineapple stu in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 29/05/2018, 7:44 PM
  2. Tonight's games
    By pineapple stu in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 28/08/2017, 8:54 AM
  3. Tonight's Games (Fri)
    By Red&White in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 08/10/2006, 8:37 PM
  4. Tonight's Games
    By Mr A in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09/09/2006, 8:40 PM
  5. Tonight's games
    By Schumi in forum Predictions League
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01/09/2003, 4:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •