Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LOI fixtures 15th, 16th March

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    At the risk of agreeing with EZ I think Byrne getting called up does reflect well on th e league. Hopefully some players will choose loi over league 1 and 2 going forward.
    Although being completely honest I think Byrne has been called up because of a lack of quality in the Irish midfield as much as anything else.

19 league matches between now and the end of July.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    All postponed games this week will now take place on Monday April 15th. Sligo vs Dundalk on Saturday 13th April is also moved to Friday the 12th to allow for this.

Typical FAI though, person behind the official LOI twitter account can't count and said 4 Premier division games were rescheduled when 5 were.
    Last edited by RathfarnhamHoop; 18/03/2019 at 3:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Daniel McDonnell on Twitter seems to believe our fixture on Friday is going ahead.....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Daniel McDonnell on Twitter seems to believe our fixture on Friday is going ahead.....
    It wasn't in the list of rescheduled games so i think it is. Probably suits Rovers to have the game go ahead more than to reschedule it and risk a build up. Also probably suits Harps too I'd imagine.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    It probably suits both teams to play on Friday.

Harps for the obvious fact that Rovers will be missing Byrne and Clarke; Rovers will probably see it as being the lessor of two evils to avoid a fixture pile-up that other clubs will have to endure between the end of March and early May
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 18/03/2019 at 3:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Yeah, that makes far more sense alright. Good shout!
    I'm sticking with agoc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    It wasn't in the list of rescheduled games so i think it is. Probably suits Rovers to have the game go ahead more than to reschedule it and risk a build up. Also probably suits Harps too I'd imagine.
    Definitely suits rovers in a number of ways. They've got huge cover in that area, of a high quality. They get one less game in the mess of April where others play 7 games. And they have the chance to go 7 points clear. Yes, 2 extra played, but it's still a big psychological boost for a team who haven't been there for a while.

Sensible call to play regardless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Is it to late for other teams to agree to play Friday instead of postponing? Chances are come April you will have injuries and suspensions anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    All postponed games this week will now take place on Monday April 15th. Sligo vs Dundalk on Saturday 13th April is also moved to Friday the 12th to allow for this.

Typical FAI though, person behind the official LOI twitter account can't count and said 4 Premier division games were rescheduled when 5 were.
    Great so we lose 2 games on Saturday nights

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Is it to late for other teams to agree to play Friday instead of postponing? Chances are come April you will have injuries and suspensions anyway
    Bohs in particular. As a part-time team the run of 6 games in a 17 day period is likely to hit them hard.

Going ahead away to Dundalk next Friday without Dan Mandroiu and Darragh Leahy might seem like an unlikely call, but they would be arguably no more likely to pick up the points with them in the middle of a difficult run of 2-games-a-week in April. The fatigue involved for part-timers could actually lead to more dropped points, especially as it will be their third away trip in 10 days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Is everything ok Ezeikial, I was tabbing down waiting for the dig, nothing ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    All good, thanks for checking.

Normal service will be resumed on sight of next Bradser interview
    Just for the craic, I went looking to check out Bradsers utterances on Jack Byrne and was amazed to find that he was actually talking some sense

“The pleasing thing for us is Jack fits in with the group, works for the team, he’s getting better.
    “I’ve seen him play for years and I know there is more to come.
    “We spoke when Jack came in about leaving his ego at the door and working for the team.
    “When you come back to this league, you have to respect it. It’s a tough league and you need to work before you get anything else. It was the same when we got Graham Burke. We had the same conversation.
    “Jack is a really level-headed guy, he wants to win so much and he’s *passionate but it’s about understanding about what comes before his quality and that’s hard work.
    “You just have to understand that in this league, if you don’t work, teams will outwork you.
    “That’s the No 1 thing he’s brought to us and he’s playing off the back of it. He’s brilliant. And he’s brought that to the table in abundance.
    “He’s getting better and better. You have to remember that Jack, since he left Oldham in August, hasn’t played a lot of football.
    “So every game he’s getting his legs, he’s feeling more confidence.”
    https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...eland-call-up/

No bombast or pomposity at all - it's like he has done a media course with Terry Prone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Just for the craic, I went looking to check out Bradsers utterances on Jack Byrne and was amazed to find that he was actually talking some sense

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football...eland-call-up/

No bombast or pomposity at all - it's like he has done a media course with Terry Prone!
    A second positive post about Rovers in a couple of days - one has to be mildly amused at the slowly creeping smell of fear as bets get hedged
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 18/03/2019 at 7:02 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Doubt that with a full midfield to come back I doubt there is any fear. I think EZ has grown bored of himself.
    I welcome the change, he occasionally has a point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    A second positive post about Rovers in a couple of days - one has to be mildly amused at the slowly creeping smell of fear as bets get hedged
    It is more a case of bemusement that the renowned motivational speaker has curbed his bizarre media utterances on this occasion - I suspect not for long

The positive to Shams topping the table currently is that the hallmark Rovers hubris and arrogance is likely to grow even further, reaching an almighty crescendo before the inevitable fall back to earth.

As shgawa regularly intones - 'its the hope that kills ya'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    I did say that a leopard never changes his boring trolling spots but I still have hope for him.
    But its the hope that kills you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    [QUOTE=Ezeikial;1995372]It is more a case of bemusement that the renowned motivational speaker has curbed his bizarre media utterances on this occasion - I suspect not for long

The positive to Shams topping the table currently is that the hallmark Rovers hubris and arrogance is likely to grow even further, reaching an almighty crescendo before the inevitable fall back

And now bet hedging in both directions.....
    QED

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Waterford deserved to beat us on Friday, but they seem fairly average. Luckily for them, we are truly awful and not improving in any way whatsoever.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Mmmmm some evidence that Mr Bradly is now thinking about what he says so thats positive also some evidence that he is learning his trade as a football manager which tbh was hard to see over the last few seasons. Great chance of finishing within 10 pts of Dundalk perhaps even runners up on what we have seen on and off the pitch so far this season KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Bohs in particular. As a part-time team the run of 6 games in a 17 day period is likely to hit them hard.

Going ahead away to Dundalk next Friday without Dan Mandroiu and Darragh Leahy might seem like an unlikely call, but they would be arguably no more likely to pick up the points with them in the middle of a difficult run of 2-games-a-week in April. The fatigue involved for part-timers could actually lead to more dropped points, especially as it will be their third away trip in 10 days
    ....Anyhoo, back to fixtures, Yes, I suspect Bohs would much rather go ahead on Friday night.The fixture pile up is a complete joke - 6 games in 17 days ? WTF ? an insult to the league by so called administrators that couldn't give a flying f*** about our league, clubs or players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Its a brave call to go ahead without arguably our two best attacking players against Sligo, win and its a great call , lose or draw and it will be a bad one, Finn Harps are a different prospect at home.

I still think its the right thing to do, Dylan Watts looks good every time he comes on and whats the point in having a squad if you don't use them.
    I would think other teams are looking at it this a.m
    Last edited by sbgawa; 19/03/2019 at 10:40 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast