Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player Contracts

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Question Player Contracts

Good news that devine has re-signed for next 2 years.

I know we stuck with Fenn til end of 2006 but whose out of contract at end of the season? I'm sure George & O'Flynns contract end in 2005?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Dunno individual details, but Rico did say he was going to look through contracts and start working through them. I presume he's waiting to get to know the squad better before making any decisions.

great news about Devine BTW

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    great news about Devine BTW
    Yeah a few years ago supporters would have debated whether Mooney should be in ahead of Devine but not anymore. Has the odd mistake like any keeper but solid & for the most part reliable which is whats required from a keeper.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Yeah a few years ago supporters would have debated whether Mooney should be in ahead of Devine but not anymore. Has the odd mistake like any keeper but solid & for the most part reliable which is whats required from a keeper.
    I was one of them. I said at the time that there was no need to sign Devine- how wrong I was! Mooney was a good keeper, and an absolute legend, but Mick is probably the best keeper in the league. So consistent- he rarely makes mistakes now.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rico will check everyone out and give them there chance as mentioned and rightly so...good news about Devine as everyclub needs a consistent keeper and now we have him tied down for longer..most dissapointing signing in years has to be Fenn..i was a big fan of his...has so much talent but obviously puts all of it into other things..does not seem to give a careabout City and i wonder what club will be his next victim..complete waste of space and seems to make no attempt to get into the side...theres nothing more you can say about probably the clubs TOP EARNER who spends most of his time on the bench...
    Last edited by RedX; 19/04/2005 at 5:40 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedX
    . . . or in his lovely shop . . .
    Keep hearing this. Where is this wonderful emporium?
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Fenn has not got in the team yet.

Leave the guy alone. If its not Dan, its Fenn or else Billy.

Go and moan in the official site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    ...has so much talent but obviously puts all of it into other things..does not seem to give a careabout City and i wonder what club will be his next victim..complete waste of space and seems to make no attempt to get into the side...
    I think this is completely unfair on him.

I'd compare him to Colin O'Brien to be honest. Colin finds himself on the bench even though he hardly put a foot wrong all last season. It's just that Gamble and Colin doesn't really work well (unless Rico puts colin out wide right, but that's a different argument) and of the two Gamble is the better player.

It's the same for Fenn and George, the team doesn't run as well when both play, there's really only room for one of them and George is the better player.
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not Fenn's biggest fan. As mentioned, he doesn't work well with certain players, but I really feel for Colin as he was flying last year until he got injured and gave Joe Gamble his chance. Great to have that sort of competition in the side and I've sure Colin will be back again.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Rico will check everyone out and give them there chance as mentioned and rightly so...good news about Devine as everyclub needs a consistent keeper and now we have him tied down for longer..most dissapointing signing in years has to be Fenn..i was a big fan of his...has so much talent but obviously puts all of it into other things..does not seem to give a careabout City and i wonder what club will be his next victim..complete waste of space and seems to make no attempt to get into the side...theres nothing more you can say about probably the clubs TOP EARNER who spends most of his time on the bench(or in his lovely shop)...
    I think you're being very harsh there RedX. having seen Fenn in a few friendly games and in the Carrick game, I have to say he looked very committed- h worked very hard and looked like he wants to reclaim his place.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think you're being very harsh there RedX. having seen Fenn in a few friendly games and in the Carrick game, I have to say he looked very committed- h worked very hard and looked like he wants to reclaim his place.
    I dont think i am being harsh on the guy at all..if you went back through posts(which i really dont expect)i was the first on here to state that we should sign Fenn going back a couple of seasons ago..i think he is a fine player with great touch and vision..but i do think he has taken his eye off the ball big time..i have also been at those games Eanna and i have not seen a player that should be in Citys team right now from him..he has the talent to be there but he is not putting it all in...with the money City are paying the guy if he is not in there plans they should try and get rid of the guy...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harry crumb
    Fenn has not got in the team yet.

Leave the guy alone. If its not Dan, its Fenn or else Billy.

Go and moan in the official site.

harry...read the top of the page...FORUM..that means we talk about everything Cork City FC...the club..players..fans or whatever....if i or anyone wants to talk about any of thoses and you dont like if dont comment..you have no right to tell anyone go to any other site..who do you think you are to tell anyone they cant talk about a player?..this is my OPINION OK!..

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I dont think i am being harsh on the guy at all..if you went back through posts(which i really dont expect)i was the first on here to state that we should sign Fenn going back a couple of seasons ago..i think he is a fine player with great touch and vision..but i do think he has taken his eye off the ball big time..i have also been at those games Eanna and i have not seen a player that should be in Citys team right now from him..he has the talent to be there but he is not putting it all in...with the money City are paying the guy if he is not in there plans they should try and get rid of the guy...
    I think he was guilty of being complacent last season, no doubt about that, but I think he's fighting to get his place back now. TBH, I think the biggest problem is that him and Georgie in the same team just doesn't work

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think he was guilty of being complacent last season, no doubt about that, but I think he's fighting to get his place back now. TBH, I think the biggest problem is that him and Georgie in the same team just doesn't work

Maybe you are right..i liked Fenn when he first signed..Georgie could drop back and we would have this talented inteligent guy upfront with Flynny..it didnt work...i am not sure he could play in the centre either though..you would think he could, with skill and brains like Georgie he has on the ball but he does not have the fight of Georgie..hes not good on the right so maybe we should move him on because as i mentioned with his wages gone the club could get in a fairly handy player or two..maybe they cant afford to get rid of him in case he must be paid off..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    I'm sorry.

I won't respond to your character bashing posts in future.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm sorry.

Get a life will you..in future i will leave special messages about flowers just so it wont insult you ok..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm sorry.

Any more of this, and the forums will be WAY too friendly.
    Injustice anywhere threatens justice everywhere - Martin Luther King Jnr.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Actually, I might have been the first one to mention signing him.
    I hope he is kept until the end of his contract, at least. He is the obvious replacement for when George is suspended, or if he gets injured. We have first class replacements to come in for our 2 pivotal positions on the team:
    Gamble/Colin
    George/Neil
    Great to be in this position.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsh
    Actually, I might have been the first one to mention signing him.
    I hope he is kept until the end of his contract, at least. He is the obvious replacement for when George is suspended, or if he gets injured. We have first class replacements to come in for our 2 pivotal positions on the team:
    Gamble/Colin
    George/Neil
    Great to be in this position.

Patsh..i checked..i was definetly the first to mention signing him..in fact i rang Dolan to make sure he signed him ok..

Thinking about it you are right though...if we are to challenge i suppose we do need good players to cover positions also..but i know he is class but just worried with his lack of effort at times....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Taken from BreakingNews.ie

Behan and Kearney in Cork City talks
    20/04/2005 - 12:31:08

Cork City manager Damien Richardson has opened new contract talks with Denis Behan and Liam Kearney – and he is planning talks with John O’Flynn and George O’Callaghan.

The skilful quartet are all out of contract at the end of the season and Richardson is keen to tie all four down as soon as possible.

Richardson said: “We have a lot of talented players that other clubs would be keen to have. For us then, the key is to persuade them to stay here and let them know that Cork is the place to be.

“I have never worked with a team as special as this one before.”
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast