Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Benefit of Educational Facilities linking with LoI teams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Benefit of Educational Facilities linking with LoI teams.

My eldest son recently was in a photo shoot along with 3 other students to model the Shelbourne shirt, which features the college he attends DCU, as a sponsor. There were two males wearing the red top and two females in white tops. They didn’t don togs, socks or boots just jeans/trousers and I don’t think they even had a football in the pictures. I assume it was an attempt to promote how the University supports local sport and is an idea to attract future soccer fans to their centre of learning.

Shelbourne must not be as flush with money as people think because the students were paid for the half hour shoot (€20 each) but not allowed to keep the shirts. My son is one of those lads who would not be ashamed to walk around in a Real Madrid shirt one week, a Leeds one 2 days later and follow it up with wearing a Sunderland shirt a half hour later. At the same time he will not turn down easy money. If he sends me the photos I will post them here. I don’t know if they are online yet or if they are for print media publications.

What do you think are the main benefits of Educational Facilities linking up with LoI teams?
    Aon, dó, trí, bhí mé i mo luí, thit mé den leaba, he! he! he!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufil View Post
    My eldest son recently was in a photo shoot along with 3 other students to model the Shelbourne shirt, which features the college he attends DCU, as a sponsor. There were two males wearing the red top and two females in white tops. They didn’t don togs, socks or boots just jeans/trousers and I don’t think they even had a football in the pictures. I assume it was an attempt to promote how the University supports local sport and is an idea to attract future soccer fans to their centre of learning.

Shelbourne must not be as flush with money as people think because the students were paid for the half hour shoot (€20 each) but not allowed to keep the shirts. My son is one of those lads who would not be ashamed to walk around in a Real Madrid shirt one week, a Leeds one 2 days later and follow it up with wearing a Sunderland shirt a half hour later. At the same time he will not turn down easy money. If he sends me the photos I will post them here. I don’t know if they are online yet or if they are for print media publications.

What do you think are the main benefits of Educational Facilities linking up with LoI teams?
    know with cork city that sean mcloughlin came from cork university side so that would be the upside to it -getting the best talents from the university side there!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Galway United are delighted to announce a new partnership with Atlantic Language School.

https://galwayunitedfc.ie/united-par...nguage-school/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Atlantic Language school, so this for when it gets so flooded in Salthill that people have to speak underwater! 😘

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Here you go, Scrufil,

See you on Friday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    I think this discussion was had previously in the LoI promotional activities thread. Dundalk FC have an ongoing link with DkIT. It has had various guises over the years but the most beneficial one was when students on the various sports based courses were mentoring kids from the local secondary schools and DFC helped facilitate this with access to coaching, or more coaching coaching. Over the year the secondary schools kids were nominated by their school as high risk of drop out, needed confidence building etc and ended up with coaching badges at the end. These kids also spent a lot of time at DkIT and had access to the facilities eg library, gym, but most importantly counselling and medical services. DkIT students were trained in mentorship and used that training in helping these kids on a whole range of things eg assisted study sessions, directing them to services that could help them, to just being available for a chat. It was deemed a success by the secondary schools where many of the kids involved kicked on at school, and those that were unwilling to engage in the programme at all could be identified as needing more direct intervention from their own school. Bohs are leading the way with engagement with communities in general but there is such a lot of potential to link ups with Educational Institutions, sport/coaching is obviously the platform but it facilitates a whole lot more opportunities for people that is well beyond just sporting activity. If done well and not a piecemeal effort its all a good thing. DkIT is a sponsor on Dundalk shirts but I doubt there is any money payed by DkIT. Cork is the obvious one with UCC the main shirt sponsor and i'd imagine that has a lot to do with collaberation than UCC paying CCFC a wedge of money. Cork fans might be albe to elaborate on the link up!?
    Last edited by Nesta99; 05/03/2019 at 5:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enruoblehs View Post
    [IMG]https://foot.ie
    /attachment.php?attachmentid=2772&stc=1[/IMG]

Here you go, Scrufil,

See you on Friday.
    Nice one. But where is the other 'action' pic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Thanks Martinho II and Nesta99. Very interesting how these link-ups work.

In Athlone there is a lecturer in the AIT and she has stong theories that is backed up by evidence of the value of what she terms 'the social economy'. How for example it might be an antidote to loneliness for a great many folk. And this applies to writing groups, art groups & etc; not just sport.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    Thanks Martinho II and Nesta99. Very interesting how these link-ups work.

In Athlone there is a lecturer in the AIT and she has stong theories that is backed up by evidence of the value of what she terms 'the social economy'. How for example it might be an antidote to loneliness for a great many folk. And this applies to writing groups, art groups & etc; not just sport.
    This was a specific area that flagged up regularly with the secondary school kids, often an extension of bullying issues and causing absenteeism. Hence just having someone to talk to, confide in, was a benefit to these kids along with the confidence building aspet of the programme. Mentors were able to identify these issues to the schools in a confidential manner that wouldnt worsen the situation. There was one incident of domestic physical abuse identified during my time and reported appropriately. I'm sure that are there similar issues among any group, not just kids, that educational institutions can play a role in helping with these groups, in conjunction with any community organisation, not just limited to LoI link ups.

Again apprpriate resourcing and genuine will of people involved is key. All too often it is/was a way to get access to funding and be able to point to a project as a contribution to the wider community, but without really there being a full buy-in by some of those involved.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 05/03/2019 at 8:28 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Can you get scholarships or bursaries or grants from the FAI to attend third level? It's something I'm aware the GAA are good at. The IRFU too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers announce Player Education Partnership with Ashfield College.
    Two famous South Dublin fixtures have combined to provide a winning formula for young people involved in sport.
    With a goal of ensuring an amazing future for young soccer players, Shamrock Rovers and Ashfield College are delighted to announce a partnership to deliver tailored Leaving Certificate programmes to the club’s youth players.
    This partnership ensures that elite players can excel academically while still focusing on the development of their football careers.

https://shamrockrovers.ie/2017/10/13/7455/
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Here is some information on the extension of our partnership with UCC.
    https://www.ucc.ie/en/news/ucc-and-c...-to-2022-.html

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Rovers also have a partnership with the trinity access programme, not sure on exact details though