Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: LoI Fixtures 8th/9th March

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Good summary there. We'd a good few men out, so thought it would be a difficult ask.
    The wind was a real influence, especially as the match went on.
    Cherrie was great for ourselves, some real stand out saves.
    I thought we had plenty of possession, but a real lack of shots on target.
    Dreadfully poor defending to let Bohs in for their goal. Plenty of work for our defenders to do in training, improving communication/reading each other is a must.
    Overall, content with the point now.

On the attendance, great crowd at it, but silly scenes outside the DK.
    Just before kick off, there were loads of people queueing outside. The stewards had the job of picking out the select few and bringing them in.
    I don't know what the criteria for being classified as acceptable for admittance to the DK was exactly. It wasn't just Derry fans. Tourists seemed to be allowed in, along with a few Dubs (maybe they mastered the Derry accent?). It was a strange set-up.
    Disappointing if it's been decreed that away fans are needlessly banned from the Jodi. Good view from there, and the banter in the stand and bars with the home fans is great.
    The DK, on the other hand, is grim, and the toilets worse.
    Said before, but it's silly to turn people away when there's spare seats. Surely opening the Jodi/DK corner, and selling half of the DK to home fans be viable?
    Definitely MOM on Friday, one save (I think from Regba ?) was world class, hit straight at him but Christ on a bike the power of it.On the night we weren't even sure if he saved it or if it hit the post !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    869 Posts
    If Peter Cheerie was more vocal and had better command of the box he'd be up there with the best. He improved on taking crosses and under the high ball when Kenny had a goalkeeping coach added to the staff. He was always a top notch shot stopper. He always needed game time as any time on the bench and he lost form for a few games after - probably the same with most players. I think he is an improvement on McNulty currently so was surprised that he wasnt kept on by Caulfield. I suppose he wanted fist team football and under Devine as an e keeper it will be a help that fellow keeper had confidence in making him first choice. If he was ok benchwarming at Cork i'd have had him at Dundalk still over Sava.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    Been overshadowed by the goals obviously but Raff Cretaro's touch and pass for Harps first goal on Friday night was outstanding!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartySaint View Post
    Should have been 4 or 5-0 in Richmond on Friday, if Rovers had Drennan upfront instead of Greene it would have been.

I was very impressed with Rovers, all very comfortable on the ball, they press very high and very quickly which made Pats panic. Byrne and Clarke were excellent and then they were able to bring on the likes of Watts and Kavanagh, they are starting to look a bit like Dundalk with how they play and their physicality. Hoban will probably be the difference in the title race though.

Pats look clueless going forward, I wonder if Sigo would be interested in a managerial swap...
    Would have thought Buckley would love to work with the squad Pats have put together this season.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345