Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Sligo Twitter implying we're all over them since the goal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    6-1 Cobh
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Sligo win 1-0 though by the sounds of it pretty fortunate to do so.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Sligo win 1-0 though by the sounds of it pretty fortunate to do so.......
    Yes we seem to have been given a lesson in passing tonight and got away with it.
    We are essentially a team of mostly inexperienced players thrown together in the last month. Hopefully we can get some more cohesive play going as the season develops but Im glad to see we have been capable of getting some results in the meantime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    Dreadful game at Dalymount, the wind didn’t help but the complete inability to string two passes together was a bigger factor. Bohs badly missed Corcoran and Bucko..... 1-1 FT probably about fair
    Good summary there. We'd a good few men out, so thought it would be a difficult ask.
    The wind was a real influence, especially as the match went on.
    Cherrie was great for ourselves, some real stand out saves.
    I thought we had plenty of possession, but a real lack of shots on target.
    Dreadfully poor defending to let Bohs in for their goal. Plenty of work for our defenders to do in training, improving communication/reading each other is a must.
    Overall, content with the point now.

On the attendance, great crowd at it, but silly scenes outside the DK.
    Just before kick off, there were loads of people queueing outside. The stewards had the job of picking out the select few and bringing them in.
    I don't know what the criteria for being classified as acceptable for admittance to the DK was exactly. It wasn't just Derry fans. Tourists seemed to be allowed in, along with a few Dubs (maybe they mastered the Derry accent?). It was a strange set-up.
    Disappointing if it's been decreed that away fans are needlessly banned from the Jodi. Good view from there, and the banter in the stand and bars with the home fans is great.
    The DK, on the other hand, is grim, and the toilets worse.
    Said before, but it's silly to turn people away when there's spare seats. Surely opening the Jodi/DK corner, and selling half of the DK to home fans be viable?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Good summary there. We'd a good few men out, so thought it would be a difficult ask.
    The wind was a real influence, especially as the match went on.
    Cherrie was great for ourselves, some real stand out saves.
    I thought we had plenty of possession, but a real lack of shots on target.
    Dreadfully poor defending to let Bohs in for their goal. Plenty of work for our defenders to do in training, improving communication/reading each other is a must.
    Overall, content with the point now.

On the attendance, great crowd at it, but silly scenes outside the DK.
    Just before kick off, there were loads of people queueing outside. The stewards had the job of picking out the select few and bringing them in.
    I don't know what the criteria for being classified as acceptable for admittance to the DK was exactly. It wasn't just Derry fans. Tourists seemed to be allowed in, along with a few Dubs (maybe they mastered the Derry accent?). It was a strange set-up.
    Disappointing if it's been decreed that away fans are needlessly banned from the Jodi. Good view from there, and the banter in the stand and bars with the home fans is great.
    The DK, on the other hand, is grim, and the toilets worse.
    Said before, but it's silly to turn people away when there's spare seats. Surely opening the Jodi/DK corner, and selling half of the DK to home fans be viable?
    A new (but welcome) problem for Bohs. Recent increase in health and safety plus AGS “advice” has limited what can be done. Sickening to turn away fans - and money, but hopefully we can find a way to facilitate more. Great problem to have !

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marinobohs View Post
    A new (but welcome) problem for Bohs. Recent increase in health and safety plus AGS “advice” has limited what can be done. Sickening to turn away fans - and money, but hopefully we can find a way to facilitate more. Great problem to have !
    I've heard stories about the gards at Bohs alright. Seem to gear themselves up for a fight every week regardless of the opposition. Much more sensible in Tallaght.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    I've heard stories about the gards at Bohs alright. Seem to gear themselves up for a fight every week regardless of the opposition. Much more sensible in Tallaght.
    Our Gardai are better than your Gardai?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Sligo Twitter implying we're all over them since the goal
    And they weren’t lying. UCD missed some great chances and were much the better team.

10. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Sounds like the worst possible game to be missing our two best attacking players so...

Long way to go yet of course, and we're improving markedly game by game, but would be nice to get a win on the board at this stage. Don't really want to be getting too cut adrift this early. Harps at home next week is already huge.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean South View Post
    Our Gardai are better than your Gardai?
    No, they're just less strict on us for no apparent reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Should have been 4 or 5-0 in Richmond on Friday, if Rovers had Drennan upfront instead of Greene it would have been.

I was very impressed with Rovers, all very comfortable on the ball, they press very high and very quickly which made Pats panic. Byrne and Clarke were excellent and then they were able to bring on the likes of Watts and Kavanagh, they are starting to look a bit like Dundalk with how they play and their physicality. Hoban will probably be the difference in the title race though.

Pats look clueless going forward, I wonder if Sigo would be interested in a managerial swap...
    Here on a technicality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    New Superintendent there I believe, maybe trying to make a name for himself (we can think of a few ).Always found the Gardai at Tallaght to be OK and generally have things under control.With ownership of the ground now with DCC there is not a lot structurally the club can (or will ) do, but may be something can be done with access to DK Stand at least for some games.
    Last edited by marinobohs; 11/03/2019 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    That second Morrisey goal against Harps is the goal of the season for me. Three touches. I can't seem to remember as good a goal scored in English football for years. Thankfully the League is in its early stages, but it'll be hard to top that one.
    Ridiculously good goal. Like Stephanie Roche's only ten yards further out. no doubt he'll be up for the Puskas Award.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Ridiculously good goal. Like Stephanie Roche's only ten yards further out. no doubt he'll be up for the Puskas Award.
    Goal of any season. if there is a better goal anywhere this season I hope I'm there to see it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Rovers were far better than us on Friday, absolutely bossed us and if it wasnt for some jaw dropping saves from Clarkie, it would have been a hammering.
    We are an absolute mess at the moment and have not improved at all in any way, since day 1.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Is there a bit of impatience at pats this season? It's only 6 games gone, after all.
    I would have pats to comfortably finish in the top 5 this season and nothing I saw on Friday would change that for me. Harry needs time to put his stamp on the team. Be patient I say.
    Is it a physical or emotional thing with Forrester as he looked lost out there on Friday?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Is there a bit of impatience at pats this season? It's only 6 games gone, after all.
    I would have pats to comfortably finish in the top 5 this season and nothing I saw on Friday would change that for me. Harry needs time to put his stamp on the team. Be patient I say.
    Is it a physical or emotional thing with Forrester as he looked lost out there on Friday?
    I probably am a bit impatient, but with the team we have, we are massively under performing. Not getting europe would be a disaster for that team/budget.
    My worry is that i cant see any green shoots, or any pattern to play that you can start to consider it harrys "stamp". Its just clueless football.... from the outside looking in etc

No idea whats up with Git. He has had a tough year or so. Again, he needs time etc , but he is way off at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Drennan , Madden, Mielle, Clarke , Doona , Shaw amongst others were all part of a Rovers team who finished 4th (or was it 3rd) in 2016.
    Surely Kenny deserves a bit of time to string them all together.
    Adding Forester and particularly Clarke to those makes them stronger but "massively underperforming" ? not sure......or at least not sure yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    We've only had about 4 shots on target from open play this season, as mentioned above there seems to be no plan and the players look at bit lost.

It's a totally different 'style' of play to what we've been used to over the last 7 season when we knew exactly how we were going to play which then became too predictable.
    Here on a technicality.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast