Thread: LoI Fixtures 8th/9th March

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    He looked wrecked.

Good win for us against a good Pats team. Thought we dominated most of the game but our lack of a goalscorer will kill us.
    A real gutsy performance from Rovers last night the pressing they did all over the pitch being very noticeable. They seem fitter than their opposition in every game so far wth maybe the exception of Dundalk, Aarron Greene was like super again last night and getting to that cushioned instep volley during the mixup between the pats defender and the goalie was down to his drive and fitness. If he clicks he will be that goalscorer that we need to get near to Dundalk. Bolgers passing and the way he controlled the game where was that last year. Grace at the back brilliant again. And Joey O Brien did well at right full. Lopez played well but he did have his usual couple of clangers but would not drop him as he has heart give 100%. We might justs might finish within single figures of Dundalk. Brilliant atmosphere last night 3 away games for Rovers sold out. "Your only here to see the Rovers" Hard to argue with the sentiments of that little ditty. KOH.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Dreadful game at Dalymount, the wind didn’t help but the complete inability to string two passes together was a bigger factor. Bohs badly missed Corcoran and Bucko. Derry (just about) deservedly went ahead after s stupid challenge by Pender and a great performance by Cheerie looked to be getting them another win at Dalymount. Bohs equalized with about 12 minutes to go and laid siege to the Derry goal but it was mainly huffing and puffing. 1-1 FT probably about fair.

Another full house in the Jodi hopefully they won’t be put off by the horrendous football

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Goals from harps vs city.
    Morrisseys goals 😎😎

https://youtu.be/jcXnLBAdUWk

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I thought Derry played well.Committed to the tackle and closed down well.
    Wind played havoc alright but some woeful passing.Badly missed Dinny to hold the ball up and even Bucko for his industry.
    Two great chances to win it.Dont remember any Derry chances other than the peno.
    Only ourselves and Dundalk unbeaten after 5, who's have thunk.
    Could be the two teams fighting it out for 3rd /4th.
    Massive crowd in the Jodi. Seemed bigger than the Harps match. 3k at least.

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickccfc View Post
    Goals from harps vs city.
    Morrisseys goals 

https://youtu.be/jcXnLBAdUWk
    Outstanding goals from Gearóid Morrissey. He may be inconsistent, but he can score some spectacular goals

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    4-0 probably flattered Dundalk a tiny bit,
    Even allowing for a disallowed goal, hitting the post, legit penalty not given and numerous other chances, while Waterford had zero clear cut chances?

Dundalk were full value for a comprehensive win, shrugging off missing the entire first choice midfield (Shields, Benson, Duffy, Mountney & McEleneny)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    There were a few noteworthy aspects to the game in Oriel last night.

Perth was very astute in how he set up his team. They defended deep and didn't allow give Waterford any space behind them that Hery could exploit with his range of passing. Hery had a lot of the ball but all his passing was horizontal.

Dan Kelly kept moving in to a central striker position, which took a centre half away from Hoban and allowed Gannon the freedom of the right side of the pitch.

Sean Murray is a joy to watch, an exceptional player who will get better and better.

Jamie McGrath is a baller.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    Loads turned away from Dalymount last night apparently,this league really breaks your heart sometimes we've been crying out for support and can't accommodate all those who want to go,sickening.......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Loads turned away from Dalymount last night apparently,this league really breaks your heart sometimes we've been crying out for support and can't accommodate all those who want to go,sickening.......
    To be fair the club have been advising people all week that ticket sales were very solid. Increase in members and season ticket holders this season also cut down on available tickets.
    Great problem for the club but we will have to see about opening up the DK Stand to home fans. Turning people away while there is 5/600 seats empty is ridiculous (thanks to AGS jobs worth &#128545

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,595 Posts
    The short version of this Joey is that the gardai won’t allow us to put away fans in section A of the jodi any more and are insisting that we put them in the DK. So even though the DK has capacity of around 6-700, we might only put 150 away fans in there instead of being allowed accommodate them in the Jodi and open up the shed to the 6-700 who want to come. Madness. Only games where that makes sense even just on a numbers basis are Rovers and Dundalk. Maybe Cork too and I don’t know how many fans we can expect Pats to bring this year but I remember them filling the shed in the past.

But our hands are completely tied by the current Garda supernintendo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    It must wreck the heads of those running Bohs to see empty seats and people wanting to give you money and you can't take it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    That second Morrisey goal against Harps is the goal of the season for me. Three touches. I can't seem to remember as good a goal scored in English football for years. Thankfully the League is in its early stages, but it'll be hard to top that one.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    The short version of this Joey is that the gardai won’t allow us to put away fans in section A of the jodi any more and are insisting that we put them in the DK. So even though the DK has capacity of around 6-700, we might only put 150 away fans in there instead of being allowed accommodate them in the Jodi and open up the shed to the 6-700 who want to come. Madness. Only games where that makes sense even just on a numbers basis are Rovers and Dundalk. Maybe Cork too and I don’t know how many fans we can expect Pats to bring this year but I remember them filling the shed in the past.

But our hands are completely tied by the current Garda supernintendo.
    It's ridiculous as well. Derry have been in the Jodi before. All teams bar Rovers have. Never any trouble. Even up in Derry, Bohs and Derry share a stand. My Da and I sat down beside two a Derry family up there one time we went up. Very nice people and had a great aul chat. Advising us where to get food after etc. Derry won the game as well so no bias from me.

Put Derry's 200 fans in A and open the Des Kelly for our 400 home fans. There would have been 3,300 at it instead of 2940. Open the gate from the shed to the Jodi to allow access to the bars and toilets and food etc. Or even a few portaloos and a chip van in the shed. Even thinking back, red bull salzburg were even in the shed. Don't get why it's such a big deal.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    That second Morrisey goal against Harps is the goal of the season for me. Three touches. I can't seem to remember as good a goal scored in English football for years. Thankfully the League is in its early stages, but it'll be hard to top that one.
    It was Bergkamp-esque. Great goal.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    It was Bergkamp-esque. Great goal.
    I think you're both on about different goals. I don't know which one is the better one....I'm edging towards the 2nd one.
    [/B][I]P.Esc.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Pitch in Stradbrook was an utter disgrace tonight. Nothing new there but tonight was the worst surface I've ever seen anywhere. Pitch inspection took place at 2pm and it wasn't for rain, it was down to the utter state of the surface. It was totally unplayable.
    that pitch was so bad - two rugby matches I believe were played earlier and two town players lost their balance completely when true on goal! awful pitch so many divots on it!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Escobar View Post
    I think you're both on about different goals. I don't know which one is the better one....I'm edging towards the 2nd one.
    Yes apologies I was on about the first one. I completely missed the “second goal” bit!
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    Cobh 2 up on Wexford, Wexford looking like the wooden spoon candidates in the first division.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,187 Posts
    3-0 now

UCD missing two of our best players - Davis and Farrugia - for the trip to Sligo. Plus Osam of course, who's out for the season. A point would be a good result here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    Sligo 1 up Romeo Parkes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast