Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LoI Fixtures 8th/9th March

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    So Limerick not going back to Saturday for their home matches this year?
    Biggest crowd should be at the Luas derby I suppose.
    Strange we are favs for this game with Lims great odds imo 10/3. Lims drew with Longford (who handed us our own arses last week) and lost to a strong Bray side - we beat a poor Cobh side and were hammered by Longford - these odds have me at a loss.
    Drogheda United in this together

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Michael Duffy injured yesterday never started, 2-0 playing well but Waterford have had a few chances

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Game on, they found Pat Hoban in Keith Cowan's back pocket aswell!
    Nicely done!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    Great win for rovers, don't know how it finished only 1 nil.
    Brendan Clarke made some fantastic saves , rightly given man of the match
    Last edited by sbgawa; 08/03/2019 at 9:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Great win for rovers, don't know how it finished only 1 nil.
    Finished one nil because we don’t have a natural finisher which will cost us come the business end of the season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    635 Posts
    You could be right but when our big Austrian gets fit you could be wrong
    To be fair I think tonight Clarke was the reason it finished 1 nil.
    I'm hopeful these were the type of games we didn't win last year.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Harps 3-4 City. Don't know how to feel about that. 3 points and goals scored is grand but conceding three here is very worrying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Clarkie has been our best player this season by a long way.

Kenny needs to give his head a shake with the way he's setting up the team. Not a whole lot in it tonight on the balance of play but Rovers created chances (while we once again failed to) so more than deserved the win, even if the peno came from a bit of a freak error.

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    999 Posts
    Pleasantly surprised that Longford and Drogheda haven't been able to score against us so far. Fairly tame game, both sides had a chance or two to win it at the end. Wixted went off with what looked like a shoulder/arm/collarbone injury.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Harps fans must be gutted after that. They were the better team first half, and 2 screamers from Gearóid was all that kept us in it.

We started the 2nd half very brightly and created a fair bit. Happy with the scoring, confused about the shambles of a defense. We badly missed McLoughlin.

Great to come back twice and more importantly get the 3 points.

Big game against Bohs next week!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Also Miele being taken off when he was our only player doing anything was absolutely bizarre.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Many thanks to Tommy and all the lads for the riveting entertainment we witnessed at the Markets Field tonight and of course the Drogs too,me and the other odd 400 will be back to sample more next week,and who knows we might even see a goal go in the goals ………..lads...…..like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    Sickner tonight,outplayed Cork completely in the first half and conceded 2 goals from pretty much the only attacks Cork had ,for the first 25 minutes of the second half they stepped it up and won the game,but you can't score 3 goals at home and lose to anyone,I'd expect Cork to be very far way from challenging looking at them tonight on the flip id be concerned at how poor we're looking at the back have to defend better than we are.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Not sure how I was feeling about our game v Waterford tonight before kick off when the news came in that Duffy was the latest to miss out, given those who were missing I probably would have taken a draw. With a completely different MF to the one that played in the Pres Cup Final and FAI Cup Final, even with the potential to those coming in was not guaranteed to get a result.

Dundalk were missing Duffy, McEleney, Benson, Shields, and Mountney, thats some hit for any side to take, but very pleasantly surprised on those who stepped up, Sean Hoare even had to play as an emergency holding player, he did well. I thought Sean Murray was excellent, his running and passing and long shot finishes (2 goals now) has a comparison to early career of Richie Towell. The two other stand outs for me was Jamie McGrath and young Daniel Kelly who got his first goal for the club while finishing off a superb 3 man quick passing move.

I was surprised Waterford didn't put us under far more pressure given the absentees, Hery is a class act but he wasn't doing too much damage passing in his own half and just on the half way line.

4-0 probably flattered Dundalk a tiny bit, but it was a well deserved win and to think last year the two home games were so close, one was a last min og win, the other was only sealed with a 90th min winner to make to 2-0.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    took in Pats v Shamrock Rovers as a neutral

It was an entertaining match, in stark contrast to my previous visit to Richmond for the Cork game, which was just a turgid series of long balls and set-plays.

Rovers were by far the more impressive team. Byrne and McAneff were a class above anything Pats had. Forrester was completely anonymous again (has he done anything since he came back? surely it's not just a lack of match fitness) and poor Jamie Lennon had a dog of a game, given the run-around by Finn and was taking a bit of stick from the Camac, (which was surprising because Pats twitter would have you believe he's the next Roy Keane).... Was amazed Miele was subbed - didn't look to have a knock and he seemed pretty unhappy to be hooked. He had been by far Pats' brightest player, although Drennan was fairly lively too, having looked rusty v Cork. I think Pats are missing Conan Byrne to give them a change of pace in the final third and deliver a bit more quality into the box.

Anyway, another great crowd at Richmond and one of the better LOI matches I've seen in terms of the general standard. Rovers definitely have more about them than in 2018 and having watched them tonight I'd be amazed if they didn't finish in the top two

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Good post, always interesting to get a view from a football fan who has no affinity for either side. By all accounts it seemed to be a decent game.

Not too good to hear about Forrester though, still early days for him, but if he has lost his appetite that's another thing altogether, hopefully he can get back to his best sooner rather than later, as he has a lot to offer the league.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    810 Posts
    Pitch in Stradbrook was an utter disgrace tonight. Nothing new there but tonight was the worst surface I've ever seen anywhere. Pitch inspection took place at 2pm and it wasn't for rain, it was down to the utter state of the surface. It was totally unplayable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Not sure how I was feeling about our game v Waterford tonight before kick off when the news came in that Duffy was the latest to miss out, given those who were missing I probably would have taken a draw. With a completely different MF to the one that played in the Pres Cup Final and FAI Cup Final, even with the potential to those coming in was not guaranteed to get a result.

Dundalk were missing Duffy, McEleney, Benson, Shields, and Mountney, thats some hit for any side to take, but very pleasantly surprised on those who stepped up, Sean Hoare even had to play as an emergency holding player, he did well. I thought Sean Murray was excellent, his running and passing and long shot finishes (2 goals now) has a comparison to early career of Richie Towell. The two other stand outs for me was Jamie McGrath and young Daniel Kelly who got his first goal for the club while finishing off a superb 3 man quick passing move.

I was surprised Waterford didn't put us under far more pressure given the absentees, Hery is a class act but he wasn't doing too much damage passing in his own half and just on the half way line.

4-0 probably flattered Dundalk a tiny bit, but it was a well deserved win and to think last year the two home games were so close, one was a last min og win, the other was only sealed with a 90th min winner to make to 2-0.
    The players who started and the subs obv didn't buy into what i'll admit was a gloomy pre-game outlook with the Duffy injury just adding to the feeling of despair around the ground.
    But fair play to Dundalk,they roared out of the traps and could have been ahead within a minute.Out of adversary and all that....
    Waterford was shackled early and hardly landed a blow(and sometimes we helped them to land whatever blows they got)Hery wasn't at the races(flashes),Akinade was awful and the Waterford keeper was like a duck on ice sometimes.

Questions were asked of DFC players and i thought they all stood up well.
    Good performance and well worth the 4 -0 (imo)
    Last edited by ToberonaTornado; 09/03/2019 at 1:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Very disappointed tonight. Felt we deserved a draw at least.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Also Miele being taken off when he was our only player doing anything was absolutely bizarre.
    He looked wrecked.

Good win for us against a good Pats team. Thought we dominated most of the game but our lack of a goalscorer will kill us.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast