Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suspensions 2019

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    So next time a player shakes his fists at opposition fans it's a five match ban ??? The mind boggles

2. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    My guess is that Kearns ban length is for incitement and the need to try and cut it out of the game here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Fine but next time let's see what happens, I guarantee nothing happens unless another player escalates by doing what Pender did

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    So next time a player shakes his fists at opposition fans it's a five match ban ??? The mind boggles
    Look who finally worked out FOUR MORE GAMES 😎

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    445 Posts
    Does he miss the return game in Dalymount? They should let him play that one for the laugh.
    Here on a technicality.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    If a bohs player shakes his fist at me in phibsboro i'll be over the fence and onto the pitch straight away, 5 match ban for whoever it is.
    I'll just need someone to give me a hand over the fence....and maybe back over again if the stewards are really slow and can't catch me.

9. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Were Bohs fined for their fans' behaviour?

If not, then the message is that throwing bottles and coins at people is ok in certain circumstances. Implication is also that players must assume Bohs fans are uncontrollable vermin and act accordingly

11. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Unless there was some incident not shown on the footage the UCD keeper getting that suspension seems completely mad.

Perhaps UCD get the fine for fan behaviour, it was their home game? (Genuine question BTW)
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    If a bohs player shakes his fist at me in phibsboro i'll be over the fence and onto the pitch straight away, 5 match ban for whoever it is.
    I'll just need someone to give me a hand over the fence....and maybe back over again if the stewards are really slow and can't catch me.
    Don’t worry exceptions made for those of you with special needs 😁

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post

If not, then the message is that throwing bottles and coins at people is ok in certain circumstances. Implication is also that players must assume Bohs fans are uncontrollable vermin and act accordingly
    Didn’t hear (only heard the player suspensions on Saturday) but I would imagine the club was fined for the fans behavior. I know it used to fall on the home club (as they were responsible for security) but think that changed. Doubt anyone believes little Tarquin was involved 😁 so expect a fine for Bohs. Also Detser got another 3 games for his involvement.

Hopefully it puts an end to this whole episode once and for all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Unless there was some incident not shown on the footage the UCD keeper getting that suspension seems completely mad.

Perhaps UCD get the fine for fan behaviour, it was their home game? (Genuine question BTW)
    Just going off extratime and other reports, but no club fines were mentioned. Just the two bans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    637 Posts
    Farcical bans.
    Kearns gets 5 games for shaking his fists at the bohs fans and Pender gets 4 games for a shoulder shove.....who even sits on these panals

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts

Quite a leap there Stu!. Terms like "uncontrollable vermin" used to be so 1930`s, granted becoming more in vogue in the United States and on our adjacent Island.
    Yes Bohs do deserve a fine for the disgraceful carry on after the match by a tiny proportion of the 1200 or so Bohs fans at the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Farcical bans.
    Kearns gets 5 games for shaking his fists at the bohs fans and Pender gets 4 games for a shoulder shove.....who even sits on these panals
    Pretty clear both bans are intended to deter other players getting involved in this type of nonsense. Ref stayed on the pitch 15/20 mins after FT so I reckon his report was always going to nail somebody (and one from each side is usual LOI refs view of "dealing with things").
    Both players were stupid to get involved so don't have much sympathy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,195 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Quite a leap there Stu!. Terms like "uncontrollable vermin" used to be so 1930`s, granted becoming more in vogue in the United States and on our adjacent Island.
    Yes Bohs do deserve a fine for the disgraceful carry on after the match by a tiny proportion of the 1200 or so Bohs fans at the game.
    Well, ok - I was being a bit hyperbolic alright. So yes, I absolutely acknowledge that 90-95% of Bohs fans weren't involved in coin throwing, bottle throwing, chasing players, hurling homophobic insults, etc.

But the point was that without a fine on the club, then the Bohs fans involved will think that their behaviour was not only acceptable, but was in fact justified. I don't think that's right at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Well, ok - I was being a bit hyperbolic alright. So yes, I absolutely acknowledge that 90-95% of Bohs fans weren't involved in coin throwing, bottle throwing, chasing players, hurling homophobic insults, etc.

But the point was that without a fine on the club, then the Bohs fans involved will think that their behaviour was not only acceptable, but was in fact justified. I don't think that's right at all.
    Trust me, the vast majority of our fans think it was scumbags behaviour and would have no problem with those involved been sanctioned.
    The clown pictured climbing the fence is known by some and I hope he is barred. Anyone else identified should also be banned.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    My guess is that Kearns ban length is for incitement and the need to try and cut it out of the game here.
    Incitement? Celebrating winning a game of football is now incitement and now warrants a 5 game ban

Derek Pender who actually caused the scene gets less of a ban, Keith Buckley who is pulling at Kearns get's what nothing?

If Bohs won that game and James Talbot celebrated like that would James Talbot have got a 5 game ban? No one would even noticed it. Kearns' ban is up there with the worst of the stupid farcical decisions we have seen from the FAI since 2007. Pathetic
    Last edited by total hoofball; 29/07/2019 at 9:04 PM.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Incitement? Celebrating winning a game of football is now incitement and now warrants a 5 game ban

Derek Pender who actually caused the scene gets less of a ban, Keith Buckley who is pulling at Kearns get's what nothing?

If Bohs won that game and James Talbot celebrated like that would James Talbot have got a 5 game ban? No one would even noticed it. Kearns' ban is up there with the worst of the stupid farcical decisions we have seen from the FAI since 2007. Pathetic
    Pender wouldn’t have done anything had Kearns not incited a near riot (total overaction by some Bohs fans) for no sensible reason.
    Pender was wrong to react but he WAS reacting therefore he “did not cause the scene”. But you know that so stop talking garbage and move on.

Incidentally, Talbot, Pender and every Bohs players celebrate every win - with their own fans ! All of the UCD players, rightly celebrated their excellent win (V Bohs) but none of the others felt the need to run over taunting the Bohs fans. That’s why they are not suspended and Kearns is.
    Last edited by marinobohs; 29/07/2019 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Raff Cretaro is banned on Friday because of 5 bookings,one of the bookings was a mistake and meant for McAleer,the referee acknowledged it in his report yet Cretaro was still credited with the booking and is now banned because of it!Ridiculous......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Raff Cretaro is banned on Friday because of 5 bookings,one of the bookings was a mistake and meant for McAleer,the referee acknowledged it in his report yet Cretaro was still credited with the booking and is now banned because of it!Ridiculous......
    tinpot league at times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast