Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41

Thread: Suspensions 2019

  1. #21
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,764
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    328
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    So next time a player shakes his fists at opposition fans it's a five match ban ??? The mind boggles

  2. Thanks From:


  3. #22
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,150
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    110
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    My guess is that Kearns ban length is for incitement and the need to try and cut it out of the game here.

  4. #23
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,764
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    328
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Fine but next time let's see what happens, I guarantee nothing happens unless another player escalates by doing what Pender did

  5. #24
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,276
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    336
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    583
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    So next time a player shakes his fists at opposition fans it's a five match ban ??? The mind boggles
    Look who finally worked out FOUR MORE GAMES 😎

  6. #25
    Seasoned Pro PartySaint's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    2,614
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    524
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    836
    Thanked in
    422 Posts
    Does he miss the return game in Dalymount? They should let him play that one for the laugh.
    Here on a technicality.

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #26
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,764
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    328
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    If a bohs player shakes his fist at me in phibsboro i'll be over the fence and onto the pitch straight away, 5 match ban for whoever it is.
    I'll just need someone to give me a hand over the fence....and maybe back over again if the stewards are really slow and can't catch me.

  9. Thanks From:


  10. #27
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,118
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,318
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,579
    Thanked in
    1,605 Posts
    Were Bohs fined for their fans' behaviour?

    If not, then the message is that throwing bottles and coins at people is ok in certain circumstances. Implication is also that players must assume Bohs fans are uncontrollable vermin and act accordingly

  11. Thanks From:


  12. #28
    Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the gutter, but looking at the stars
    Posts
    10,928
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,563
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,038
    Thanked in
    1,379 Posts
    Unless there was some incident not shown on the footage the UCD keeper getting that suspension seems completely mad.

    Perhaps UCD get the fine for fan behaviour, it was their home game? (Genuine question BTW)

  13. #29
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,276
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    336
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    583
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If a bohs player shakes his fist at me in phibsboro i'll be over the fence and onto the pitch straight away, 5 match ban for whoever it is.
    I'll just need someone to give me a hand over the fence....and maybe back over again if the stewards are really slow and can't catch me.
    Don’t worry exceptions made for those of you with special needs 😁

  14. #30
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,276
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    336
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    583
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Were Bohs fined for their fans' behaviour?

    If not, then the message is that throwing bottles and coins at people is ok in certain circumstances. Implication is also that players must assume Bohs fans are uncontrollable vermin and act accordingly
    Didn’t hear (only heard the player suspensions on Saturday) but I would imagine the club was fined for the fans behavior. I know it used to fall on the home club (as they were responsible for security) but think that changed. Doubt anyone believes little Tarquin was involved 😁 so expect a fine for Bohs. Also Detser got another 3 games for his involvement.

    Hopefully it puts an end to this whole episode once and for all.

  15. #31
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,118
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,318
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,579
    Thanked in
    1,605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Unless there was some incident not shown on the footage the UCD keeper getting that suspension seems completely mad.

    Perhaps UCD get the fine for fan behaviour, it was their home game? (Genuine question BTW)
    Just going off extratime and other reports, but no club fines were mentioned. Just the two bans

  16. #32
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,764
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    78
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    328
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    Farcical bans.
    Kearns gets 5 games for shaking his fists at the bohs fans and Pender gets 4 games for a shoulder shove.....who even sits on these panals

  17. Thanks From:


  18. #33
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,556
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    268
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Were Bohs fined for their fans' behaviour?

    If not, then the message is that throwing bottles and coins at people is ok in certain circumstances. Implication is also that players must assume Bohs fans are uncontrollable vermin and act accordingly
    Quite a leap there Stu!. Terms like "uncontrollable vermin" used to be so 1930`s, granted becoming more in vogue in the United States and on our adjacent Island.
    Yes Bohs do deserve a fine for the disgraceful carry on after the match by a tiny proportion of the 1200 or so Bohs fans at the game.

  19. #34
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,276
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    336
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    583
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Farcical bans.
    Kearns gets 5 games for shaking his fists at the bohs fans and Pender gets 4 games for a shoulder shove.....who even sits on these panals
    Pretty clear both bans are intended to deter other players getting involved in this type of nonsense. Ref stayed on the pitch 15/20 mins after FT so I reckon his report was always going to nail somebody (and one from each side is usual LOI refs view of "dealing with things").
    Both players were stupid to get involved so don't have much sympathy.

  20. #35
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    30,118
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,318
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,579
    Thanked in
    1,605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Quite a leap there Stu!. Terms like "uncontrollable vermin" used to be so 1930`s, granted becoming more in vogue in the United States and on our adjacent Island.
    Yes Bohs do deserve a fine for the disgraceful carry on after the match by a tiny proportion of the 1200 or so Bohs fans at the game.
    Well, ok - I was being a bit hyperbolic alright. So yes, I absolutely acknowledge that 90-95% of Bohs fans weren't involved in coin throwing, bottle throwing, chasing players, hurling homophobic insults, etc.

    But the point was that without a fine on the club, then the Bohs fans involved will think that their behaviour was not only acceptable, but was in fact justified. I don't think that's right at all.

  21. #36
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,276
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    336
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    583
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Well, ok - I was being a bit hyperbolic alright. So yes, I absolutely acknowledge that 90-95% of Bohs fans weren't involved in coin throwing, bottle throwing, chasing players, hurling homophobic insults, etc.

    But the point was that without a fine on the club, then the Bohs fans involved will think that their behaviour was not only acceptable, but was in fact justified. I don't think that's right at all.
    Trust me, the vast majority of our fans think it was scumbags behaviour and would have no problem with those involved been sanctioned.
    The clown pictured climbing the fence is known by some and I hope he is barred. Anyone else identified should also be banned.

  22. #37
    Reserves
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    566
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    199
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    153
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    My guess is that Kearns ban length is for incitement and the need to try and cut it out of the game here.
    Incitement? Celebrating winning a game of football is now incitement and now warrants a 5 game ban

    Derek Pender who actually caused the scene gets less of a ban, Keith Buckley who is pulling at Kearns get's what nothing?

    If Bohs won that game and James Talbot celebrated like that would James Talbot have got a 5 game ban? No one would even noticed it. Kearns' ban is up there with the worst of the stupid farcical decisions we have seen from the FAI since 2007. Pathetic
    Last edited by total hoofball; 29/07/2019 at 8:04 PM.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

  23. #38
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    3,276
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    336
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    583
    Thanked in
    381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Incitement? Celebrating winning a game of football is now incitement and now warrants a 5 game ban

    Derek Pender who actually caused the scene gets less of a ban, Keith Buckley who is pulling at Kearns get's what nothing?

    If Bohs won that game and James Talbot celebrated like that would James Talbot have got a 5 game ban? No one would even noticed it. Kearns' ban is up there with the worst of the stupid farcical decisions we have seen from the FAI since 2007. Pathetic
    Pender wouldn’t have done anything had Kearns not incited a near riot (total overaction by some Bohs fans) for no sensible reason.
    Pender was wrong to react but he WAS reacting therefore he “did not cause the scene”. But you know that so stop talking garbage and move on.

    Incidentally, Talbot, Pender and every Bohs players celebrate every win - with their own fans ! All of the UCD players, rightly celebrated their excellent win (V Bohs) but none of the others felt the need to run over taunting the Bohs fans. That’s why they are not suspended and Kearns is.
    Last edited by marinobohs; 29/07/2019 at 9:30 PM.

  24. #39
    Reserves joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    965
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    46
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    113
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Raff Cretaro is banned on Friday because of 5 bookings,one of the bookings was a mistake and meant for McAleer,the referee acknowledged it in his report yet Cretaro was still credited with the booking and is now banned because of it!Ridiculous......
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  25. #40
    Reserves D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    680
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    60
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    88
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Raff Cretaro is banned on Friday because of 5 bookings,one of the bookings was a mistake and meant for McAleer,the referee acknowledged it in his report yet Cretaro was still credited with the booking and is now banned because of it!Ridiculous......
    tinpot league at times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LOI Suspensions
    By Dunny in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02/12/2014, 4:32 PM
  2. Suspensions
    By Seagull in forum Bray Wanderers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06/03/2007, 8:11 AM
  3. Suspensions
    By Sniffer in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05/03/2007, 3:16 PM
  4. Suspensions
    By pineapple stu in forum UCD
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10/11/2006, 12:50 PM
  5. More suspensions
    By Sniffer in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 27/10/2006, 10:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •