Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LoI Fixtures 1 March to 4 March

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    How do you do a full half hough goal highlights shows with only 5 goals across the league lol
    Peter Collins is going to do Karaoke for 15 minutes

2. Thanks From:

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,197 Posts
    Huzzah! A point thingy.

Think we're starting to find our feet now - but the next two games are huge

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Cabo blow the First Division title race wide open.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Lovely view from up here. We'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Never in my life have I seen a more inept referee performance.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Brilliant Bohs performance tonight.
    A really enjoyable game.
    Stadium is like a morgue though, and no pub within two miles.Must
    be the most pub bereft urban area in the 26 counties.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Lovely view from up here. We'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts.
    I said similar after the first 3 games of Foster's tenure and took a screen cap of the league table thinking its probably as close as we'll get for a long time, little did I know what was to come

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    ****e again tonight, had a spell of about 15-20 minutes in the first half around when we scored where we were dominant but outside of that another stodgy performance where it looks like the players aren't sure of what their jobs exactly are. Certain players stand out individually but the team as a whole looks like it has a while to go yet before it all clicks.

UCD were ok, they played their way into the game and looked better the longer it went. They've got their style nailed down but are let down by certain players being well off the level of their better ones. They're very much learning on the job though so I wouldn't be surprised if getting their first point tonight will get them going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Funny old match at Tallaght.An exciting enough match without a lot really happening on the goal scoring front.A midfield tussle,scrap or whatever, that if it had of ended in a win for either side the other side would have felt aggrieved about the outcome.

We had a couple of claims for pens waved away(the Gannon one was a peno from my angle)Shams had one also when a flying ball hit an arm.Hoare smacked the bar and Shams cleared off the line.
    Yer man Voijic nearly scored early for Shams and that was all he done.0)
    Hoban was getting double man marked and looked very frustrated at times(Georgie Kelly to sub him wouldve have been the move ?) and Shields continued to be shields.Breaking up play everywhere and getting pain for doing so.Was MOTM.Dan Kelly,who started beacause Mountey got injured in the warm-up) was decent.
    Dundalk are defo missing Benson and McEleney.

Not a great match by any stretch but still i thought it was a strange & entertaining one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Rovers closed Duffy with 3 men at times which Benson/McEleney would have thrived with the space created arriving late. Looked to be a great battle with Kelly down the other wing too. Strange one with Mountney and as one of the more robust lads in the squad that has really bulked up the last couple of seasons he has become very injury prone. A few sloppy balls by both teams just played out to touch so it did have that early season feel to it. Its hard to compare where Rovers are at compared to last season with players out injured so it wasnt like for like with last season it that makes sense. I thought they looked reluctant to get forward in support of the front man and lacked a bit of confidence. I was watching on the skor feed so not great but Tallaght Stadium looks super with the additional stand, there looked to be a very big crowd up from Dundalk, just shy of half the stand. Would loved to have seen the main stand to see how it looked crowd wise. Pitch was in great condition. Was it narrowed as the technical areas looked huge or is that the norm. I was of the opinion that pitch dimesnions were submitted to the whichever association preseason and therefore couldnt be altered much during the season. I have no idea where I got that idea from but wouldnt be the worst rule to have but obviously thats 'cause it suits us to have the full possible width currently.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Rovers closed Duffy with 3 men at times which Benson/McEleney would have thrived with the space created arriving late. Looked to be a great battle with Kelly down the other wing too. Strange one with Mountney and as one of the more robust lads in the squad that has really bulked up the last couple of seasons he has become very injury prone. A few sloppy balls by both teams just played out to touch so it did have that early season feel to it. Its hard to compare where Rovers are at compared to last season with players out injured so it wasnt like for like with last season it that makes sense. I thought they looked reluctant to get forward in support of the front man and lacked a bit of confidence. I was watching on the skor feed so not great but Tallaght Stadium looks super with the additional stand, there looked to be a very big crowd up from Dundalk, just shy of half the stand. Would loved to have seen the main stand to see how it looked crowd wise. Pitch was in great condition. Was it narrowed as the technical areas looked huge or is that the norm. I was of the opinion that pitch dimesnions were submitted to the whichever association preseason and therefore couldnt be altered much during the season. I have no idea where I got that idea from but wouldnt be the worst rule to have but obviously thats 'cause it suits us to have the full possible width currently.
    How’s many games have we played in Tallaght and you are asking were the technical areas bigger?

Neither team wanted to push on but rovers are terrible, long ball after long ball
    Least we tired to play football

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    How’s many games have we played in Tallaght and you are asking were the technical areas bigger?

Neither team wanted to push on but rovers are terrible, long ball after long ball
    At least we got shots on target

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Disspointing from my perspective as i said before the game with Greene out Bradley was making sure he did not loose. Carr and Vohic are not up to this standard from what i have seen this year and being able to hold the ball up is to my mind the number one priority of a lone front man. Geene can do that with the result that our mid-field gets up and around the danger areas as a unit. We never did that last night. some nice interplay in both mid fields last night but the stray pass killed a lot of the moves. The best away crowd from a LOI team i have seen in Talla for years. The move of the ultra's to the south stand has fcuked up our volume levels as a lot of the joiner inners who added their voices in the east stand have gone to the west in scatter groups. we stood in the old away end for the Derry game and then the end at the south stand. All of us agreed that the west is just too quiet. The joiner inners me included are reluctant to go in the south as we feel that you would only see half a game. so while the crowds have been excellent i think we need to work on creating a bigger volume of noise from our support.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I thought both sides tried to play football and that there was some nice play in the midfield area. Dundalk looked dangerous down the wings and Daniel Kelly is looking like a vice nice addition. Dundalk didn't have the creativity in midfield areas and missed Benson and McEleney. As others mentioned, Rovers were very overloaded in their right hand side, and there was a lot of space to exploit in central areas, which Dundalk failed to do.

Rovers, as expected, lack a cutting edge up front.

Its very early in the season and both sides should get better with games.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Agree with all of that.
    Dundalk look like once they kick into gear they will be too much for any team, including a impotent looking Rovers.
    Could have been a peno for both sides in 2nd half.
    Shields has taken over the once-tackled-drop-like-a-stone-freekickick-winning role from odonnell so continuity there anyway!
    Hoban for dundalk looked completely dissinterested all night.
    Oki for Rovers just looks pi$$ poor. A long season of same old same old for Rovers it seems.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Longfordian View Post
    Cabo blow the First Division title race wide open.
    It was open before the season kicked off, too many people underestimated that Shels have taken a serious gamble hiring a young inexperienced coach who will have to learn game by game despite with the quality of some of the players at his disposal
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post

Clearly you were watching a different match. If anything we were guilty of trying to play too much in the wrong areas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Thought Dundalk shaded it last night but I still don’t think we did enough to win the game. Rovers as expected were strong in MF and given the absence of McEleney, Benson, and Mountney (just before ok) we probably battled ok in the end there and got on top in the second half.

Hoban should have been replaced by G Kelly with 15-20 mins to go not 8 mins. Then again this was the key observation of the game, neither side were good up front.

Overall happy with the point and our first clean sheet.

Ps. That is some stadium now, easily up to League 1 standard or SPL now.
    Last edited by oriel; 02/03/2019 at 12:52 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts
    Dundalk fan on twitter saying Hoban had a strop when he was taken off?

Yed want to clamp down on that. Couple of weeks on the bench should sort him out....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micls View Post
    Dundalk fan on twitter saying Hoban had a strop when he was taken off?

Yed want to clamp down on that. Couple of weeks on the bench should sort him out....
    I didn't notice that. He was subbed in the 88th minute, so was hardly taken off early.

Be careful what you wish for, many Dundalk fans would like see Georgie Kelly getting more game time. He is in fantastic condition, has pace that Hoban lacks, and is a great finisher.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast