Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: compensation when amateur player leaves his club to join his loi club

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

compensation when amateur player leaves his club to join his loi club

I am involved with my nephews local soccer club in Longford as asst secretary and need some help.

my nephews local soccer club is at underage level and is the same club that Aodh Dervin played his underage level for us before joining us. It was only late last season that he signed his first pro contract with us.

I was wondering the procedure involved, what sort of compensation we are due from Longford Town. any help greatfully appreciated as I have heard about it but its totally different when you are involved in the running of a schoolboy club.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    I'm not sure if this is much of a help but its a good starting point. https://www.fai.ie/domestic/governan...ation-payments

From anecdotal experience Schoolboy clubs often have to chase up payments and it isnt an easy thing to sort when resources are limited at a senior LoI club. Ideally the clubs involved determine a fee rather than it go to a independent tribunal to decide on the moneies that should be payed. In the past senior clubs signed players without realising or expecting a bill to land in the post but generally there is better awareness and governance/protection of the young player especially with non domestic clubs involved. A tidy paper trail of player registration (continuity) from the day they join a club on, and with a decent approximation of contact training/coaching hours (2 nights a week over x number of weeks in the season and a match say) and even what skills were coached if sessions are planned and by what level of coach can all benefit the schoolboy club in general but especially if there is a potential dispute. Basically it helps calculate training costs involved.

The FAI RDO (if thats the title they use these days) would be a good person to contact for detailed in and outs of these things.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 25/02/2019 at 11:36 PM.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is much of a help but its a good starting point. https://www.fai.ie/domestic/governan...ation-payments

From anecdotal experience Schoolboy clubs often have to chase up payments and it isnt an easy thing to sort when resources are limited at a senior LoI club. Ideally the clubs involved determine a fee rather than it go to a independent tribunal to decide on the moneies that should be payed. In the past senior clubs signed players without realising or expecting a bill to land in the post but generally there is better awareness and governance/protection of the young player especially with non domestic clubs involved. A tidy paper trail of player registration from the day they join a club with a decent approximation of contact training/coaching hours (2 nights a week over x number of weeks in the season and a match eg) and even what skills were coached if sessions are planned and by what level of coach can all benefit the schoolboy club in general but especially if there is a potential dispute.
    thats exactly what I was looking for nesta thanks so much for your help on this! I would expect that I will be the person expected to approach the longford town committee considering my loi connections!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Best of luck with it all! Ive never had a direct involvement on this myself but often via LSPs inquiries would land in and they'd be directed to the Local development officer, Graham.Kane@fai.ie is the Longford chap listed. Be thankfull it isnt a GAA underage transfer....lol or maybe that's just a Louth thing!

6. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Wow, this is far from the place.