Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Crowley M Notts County b.1997

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    His side have had 23% possession and lead 0-1 according to BBC, so he must be doing well with the little bit of ball they have.
    That's 3% more possession than we will have against Switzerland so it's an e excellent rehearsal for his Ireland career

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    His side have had 23% possession and lead 0-1 according to BBC, so he must be doing well with the little bit of ball they have.
    Yeah, the stream I was watching must be in house Brentford channel because there was pretty biased commentary, but even they picked Crowley out as Birmingham's best player by a long way

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Is Crowley 100% confirmed as our player? His situation seems identical to Johannson's.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    After the paperwork is concluded by FIFA, it's not confirmed 100% until he is capped by us at competitive senior level, and that ball is in Mick's court. I'd say Mick is partial to a talented attacking midfielder and will come around eventually.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    After the paperwork is concluded by FIFA, it's not confirmed 100% until he is capped by us at competitive senior level, and that ball is in Mick's court. I'd say Mick is partial to a talented attacking midfielder and will come around eventually.
    Yeah and Mick is dragging his feet on Crowley. He should have gone to the Portugal training camp just to get in and around the squad. Mick took time out to go to Holland to see him play and for some unknown reason decided not to bring him to Portugal.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    602 Posts
    I think we all need to remember that Mick has one goal for his tenure - get us to Euro 2020. Right now that probably means getting seven points from twelve in the remaining qualifiers). Currently, the next real window for experimentation is next year's Nations' League (unless we either qualify directly this Autumn or fail completely, in which case there will be an opportunity in the spring or summer). Sure, we have two friendlies coming up but we also have about a dozen outfielders who are likely squad candidates with fewer than a dozen caps each. If we assume a fully fit complement of midfielders, then five places will surely go to our Premier League players (Brady, Hendrick, McCarthy, Arter and Hourihane), James McClean will likely still hold his place in the squad (especially as he's one of only two active players who has hit double figures for international goals), while Browne (about 150 league games) and O'Dowda (90 league games) both have extensive Championship experience, whereas Crowley has only played once at this level.

And if we're looking for a technical, ball-playing midfielder, then surely Alan Judge would be the more obvious option, given his experience and recent exploits for us.
    I think Mick should only be bringing in players who will obviously improve our squad immediately and make qualification more likely. Now it may be that, by the time the October qualifiers roll around, Crowley will be tearing it up in The Championship and will merit a squad place, but I wouldn't call him up based on a few games at that level.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    He was 22 yesterday if he lives up to his potential and shows he has matured he will start for us in the euros this summer and be in the premier league this time next season

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    And if we're looking for a technical, ball-playing midfielder, then surely Alan Judge would be the more obvious option, given his experience and recent exploits for us.
    I don't know about this, the guy didn't even start for a skint Ipswich in L1 yesterday.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    I think Mick should only be bringing in players who will obviously improve our squad immediately and make qualification more likely. Now it may be that, by the time the October qualifiers roll around, Crowley will be tearing it up in The Championship and will merit a squad place, but I wouldn't call him up based on a few games at that level.
    I respectfully disagree. Alan Judge is 31 this year and is a squad player for a League one team. He should be nowhere near our team.

Crowley comes across as a clown and overly cocky so can understand why Mick doesn’t like him. He’s probably improving in this respect as he matures. But he is an excellent prospect and his current ability is ahead of any center midfielders we have. He only turned 22 and has amassed 92 games of first team football (half of which was in the Eredivise top division), close to Micks magic threshold of 100 games which automatically turns you into a “proper footballer.” From what Ive seen from his time at Willem II he is quality, and has continued his impressive form with Birmingham seamlessly. If he stays injury free he will be a premier league player next season, no doubt about it. Crowley would definitely be a positive addition to our international side, and Mick needs to stop being so stubborn for a change and give him a chance, especially given our paucity of talent in this area. It will be for the betterment of his one aim - to get us to Euro 2020

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,092 Posts
    Emmm isn't Judge trying to force through a move to QPR and back to the Championship? Don't let facts get in the way of a bit of solid negativity though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    I'd imagine Jack Byrne is ahead of Judge in the peckin order
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    It was judgy that was brought on and did the business against Denmark. Jack Bryne wasn't even in the match day squad.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    In the pecking order, A n Other (Shamrock Rovers) is behind A n Other (QPR).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Judge changed the game in Denmark as well as putting in excellent free kick for the goal

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    536 Posts
    Assuming the paperwork came through ok, Mick probably looks at it like this for the Wes slot:

1) Judge
    2) Crowley
    3) Byrne
    4) Ronan

Judge was great against Denmark, although he didn't track his man for the Danish goal. Judge getting a move to QPR would be big for him in terms of keeping that spot.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Judge is now 30 years old , has been very unlucky in the past not to receive more playing time but for me Crowley is the man we need to see in green , big season ahead of him needs to take his chance , has something to prove to alot of people.
    I feel that Byrne would need to move back across the water to be considered by big Mick

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Name checked by McCarthy in the FAI press release about Marcus Harness this morning so a strong possibility that he'll be in the next squad.
    Name checked again today with McCarthy off to see him tomorrow night as well as the two Portsmouth lads. If he goes well tomorrow I'd say he'll have a good chance of a call up (assuming his paperwork has indeed gone through - but the way the FAI are directly mentioning him in their press releases suggests it must have done.)
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I see that it's a league cup game in Portsmouth. That would be a long drive for Mick, assuming he lives up north inbetween coalmines.
    What type of car would Mick drive, a BMW 7 series?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    893 Posts
    Something steam powered with iron wheels, able to make steady but stubborn progress. Doesn't carry passengers. Probably has a large boot, filled with coal.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Seems Mick may get more than he bargained for.
    Sean Raggett(Portsmouth), Ryan Burke, Corey O'Keefe and Joe Redmond(Birmingham) are all on the bench as well as the 3 aforementioned starting.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast