Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan Crowley M Notts County b.1997

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    I welcome him! - Decision made early - Unlike Will Keane
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    He knew there was a paperwork process, so I'm sure he'd have known the sooner that's initiated, the sooner he'd be available for selection. He's not a teenager either, and wasn't when he made his intentions clear last September.

Do you think McCarthy has made contact? Simple question.
    I would say someone in the management apparatus did talk to him. Whether it was MMc who knows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    575 Posts
    There's a pic on his instagram from Nov 2015 where he's 'watching football with the little bro'. He's wearing a nave tracksuit top with green stripes and the young lad is in an Ireland soccer kit.
    So it seems he's been, at the very least, dropping hints the last three and a half years that Ireland was where his hat would be laid.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    He knew there was a paperwork process, so I'm sure he'd have known the sooner that's initiated, the sooner he'd be available for selection. He's not a teenager either, and wasn't when he made his intentions clear last September.

Do you think McCarthy has made contact? Simple question.
    Have you read the document I refer to? do you know what the process involves? I doubt it.
    It's quite clear in the well hidden document at FIFA HQ that the association the player wants to switch to ( in this case the FAI) has to make the request to FIFA on behalf of the player. If a player informs the FAI that he wants to switch to the FAI, the next step is from the FAI to initiate the paperwork. Part of that paperwork is a statement from the player.
    He kept in touch with the FAI scout and the scout was well informed as to Dan's intentions re a return to Ireland. In all that time that the FAI knew (the scout), nobody got back to contact Dan, despite the fact that Mick was trawling the dredges trying to persuade players to sign up.

I haven't a clue who in the FAI finally contacted him but I guess he was informed by somebody to contact the FAI directly or was contacted by the FAI and asked to confirm his intentions and request the FAI to start the paperwork.
    Last edited by geysir; 22/02/2019 at 4:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts
    Here's a new video -
    (best viewed on mute)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    "I remember crying my eyes out when Spain won that penalty shoot-out."

Quote Originally Posted by Independent.ie
    His father Dave's parents are from Waterford and Cork, while his mother Maria also has relations from Mayo.
    Grandad Aleister has strong Charleville connections.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    "England is a country I love because I grew up there and my friends live there. I wore a lot of kits as a youngster but never owned an England kit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    You've gotta love the lad's insistence on convincing. He's like a figure standing in the battlefield smoke of the Ricegate wars, arms aloft, imploring the cautious greens to ignore the accent and search him for hidden England kits. You can practically hear the Irish guns being uncocked at the sound of "Ireland were the team I supported at the Euro 2016 finals."

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Have you read the document I refer to? do you know what the process involves? I doubt it.
    It's quite clear in the well hidden document at FIFA HQ that the association the player wants to switch to ( in this case the FAI) has to make the request to FIFA on behalf of the player. If a player informs the FAI that he wants to switch to the FAI, the next step is from the FAI to initiate the paperwork. Part of that paperwork is a statement from the player.
    He kept in touch with the FAI scout and the scout was well informed as to Dan's intentions re a return to Ireland. In all that time that the FAI knew (the scout), nobody got back to contact Dan, despite the fact that Mick was trawling the dredges trying to persuade players to sign up.

I haven't a clue who in the FAI finally contacted him but I guess he was informed by somebody to contact the FAI directly or was contacted by the FAI and asked to confirm his intentions and request the FAI to start the paperwork.
    I didn't read the document but I assumed that's how the initial part of the process works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts
    Scored today v AZ Alkmaar
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    573 Posts
    I wonder if Noel King was able to identify him.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    I wonder if Noel King was able to identify him.
    He is the lad with the union Jack jocks

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Watched the first half of his game today and he looks a player.

The commentator was saying that he has created 40 chances going into today's game, 19 more than any other player in the team. Was raving about how important he is to them.

There is definitely a look of Wes of him. Could be very good addition

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Incidentally there was an Irish flag in the corner of the ground with his number 14 on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    What’s the reality of the level he’s actually playing at though?
    Tenth in the Eredivisie,where would that be? mid-championship standard? There doesn’t seem to be many Dutch players getting a look in outside of the Eredivisie top four but there’s a few from Huddersfield, Palace etc.
    Le monde est a nous

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzer View Post
    What’s the reality of the level he’s actually playing at though?
    Tenth in the Eredivisie,where would that be? mid-championship standard? There doesn’t seem to be many Dutch players getting a look in outside of the Eredivisie top four but there’s a few from Huddersfield, Palace etc.
    I would be doubtful he would start for any premier league team at present due to his physical limitations but that may come with games. Mount had a similiar season in Holland last season and he is having decent season at derby now. He might never be good enough for the physical demands of a top league but he will certainly give us creativity against the likes of georgia which we so badly have been missing or in home games when we need to turn draws into wins if we want to qualify for tournaments. If we need to beat denmark or switzerland at home and the choice is to pick him or arter in a 3 man midfield with mccarthy and hendrick Id certainly take crowley even though he might never have the physical tools to play at the level arter has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Isn't there an argument that we don't play against physical scrappy teams at international level, and certainly not in games that we struggle in? We struggle against the technical teams that make us run around like eejits because we can't keep the ball. We need to lose the idea that you're club side is what dictates whether you play international ball or not. There is very little difference between the bottom half of the premier league and the championship.

There's an argument for picking players who are used to getting their foot on the ball, or players who are used to winning games regularly. Crowley fits into all of those brackets.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    I would be doubtful he would start for any premier league team at present due to his physical limitations but that may come with games. Mount had a similiar season in Holland last season and he is having decent season at derby now. He might never be good enough for the physical demands of a top league but he will certainly give us creativity against the likes of georgia which we so badly have been missing or in home games when we need to turn draws into wins if we want to qualify for tournaments. If we need to beat denmark or switzerland at home and the choice is to pick him or arter in a 3 man midfield with mccarthy and hendrick Id certainly take crowley even though he might never have the physical tools to play at the level arter has.
    That was always what was thrown at Wes too, too small to play at top level. But yet he was always our most creative player

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    https://www.bd.nl/willem-ii/doelpunt...m-ii~a394b30e/ I assume this is the kind of attitude issues that people have raised about crowley. Hopefully matures with age

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast