Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 465

Thread: Dan Crowley (M Birmingham b.1997)

  1. #281
    Reserves Deckydee's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    907
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    82
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    153
    Thanked in
    78 Posts
    I welcome him! - Decision made early - Unlike Will Keane
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist thinks it will change; the realist adjusts the sails.

  2. #282
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,028
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    17
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    239
    Thanked in
    182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    He knew there was a paperwork process, so I'm sure he'd have known the sooner that's initiated, the sooner he'd be available for selection. He's not a teenager either, and wasn't when he made his intentions clear last September.

    Do you think McCarthy has made contact? Simple question.
    I would say someone in the management apparatus did talk to him. Whether it was MMc who knows

  3. #283
    First Team Fixer82's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Ceatharlach
    Posts
    2,157
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    746
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    522
    Thanked in
    358 Posts
    There's a pic on his instagram from Nov 2015 where he's 'watching football with the little bro'. He's wearing a nave tracksuit top with green stripes and the young lad is in an Ireland soccer kit.
    So it seems he's been, at the very least, dropping hints the last three and a half years that Ireland was where his hat would be laid.
    Folding my way into the big money!!!

  4. #284
    First Team The Fly's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    322
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,032
    Thanked in
    553 Posts

  5. #285
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,686
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,616
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,599
    Thanked in
    1,770 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    He knew there was a paperwork process, so I'm sure he'd have known the sooner that's initiated, the sooner he'd be available for selection. He's not a teenager either, and wasn't when he made his intentions clear last September.

    Do you think McCarthy has made contact? Simple question.
    Have you read the document I refer to? do you know what the process involves? I doubt it.
    It's quite clear in the well hidden document at FIFA HQ that the association the player wants to switch to ( in this case the FAI) has to make the request to FIFA on behalf of the player. If a player informs the FAI that he wants to switch to the FAI, the next step is from the FAI to initiate the paperwork. Part of that paperwork is a statement from the player.
    He kept in touch with the FAI scout and the scout was well informed as to Dan's intentions re a return to Ireland. In all that time that the FAI knew (the scout), nobody got back to contact Dan, despite the fact that Mick was trawling the dredges trying to persuade players to sign up.

    I haven't a clue who in the FAI finally contacted him but I guess he was informed by somebody to contact the FAI directly or was contacted by the FAI and asked to confirm his intentions and request the FAI to start the paperwork.
    Last edited by geysir; 22/02/2019 at 3:54 PM.

  6. #286
    First Team The Fly's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    322
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,032
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    Here's a new video -
    (best viewed on mute)


  7. #287
    First Team Sullivinho's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2010
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    1,755
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    436
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    729
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    "I remember crying my eyes out when Spain won that penalty shoot-out."

    Quote Originally Posted by Independent.ie
    His father Dave's parents are from Waterford and Cork, while his mother Maria also has relations from Mayo.
    Grandad Aleister has strong Charleville connections.

  8. #288
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,686
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,616
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,599
    Thanked in
    1,770 Posts
    "England is a country I love because I grew up there and my friends live there. I wore a lot of kits as a youngster but never owned an England kit."

  9. #289
    First Team Sullivinho's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2010
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    1,755
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    436
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    729
    Thanked in
    366 Posts
    You've gotta love the lad's insistence on convincing. He's like a figure standing in the battlefield smoke of the Ricegate wars, arms aloft, imploring the cautious greens to ignore the accent and search him for hidden England kits. You can practically hear the Irish guns being uncocked at the sound of "Ireland were the team I supported at the Euro 2016 finals."

  10. Thanks From:


  11. #290
    Capped Player DeLorean's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hill Valley
    Posts
    10,412
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,998
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,020
    Thanked in
    1,931 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Have you read the document I refer to? do you know what the process involves? I doubt it.
    It's quite clear in the well hidden document at FIFA HQ that the association the player wants to switch to ( in this case the FAI) has to make the request to FIFA on behalf of the player. If a player informs the FAI that he wants to switch to the FAI, the next step is from the FAI to initiate the paperwork. Part of that paperwork is a statement from the player.
    He kept in touch with the FAI scout and the scout was well informed as to Dan's intentions re a return to Ireland. In all that time that the FAI knew (the scout), nobody got back to contact Dan, despite the fact that Mick was trawling the dredges trying to persuade players to sign up.

    I haven't a clue who in the FAI finally contacted him but I guess he was informed by somebody to contact the FAI directly or was contacted by the FAI and asked to confirm his intentions and request the FAI to start the paperwork.
    I didn't read the document but I assumed that's how the initial part of the process works.

  12. #291
    First Team TrapAPony's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Timbuktu, Mali
    Posts
    1,572
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    469
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    449
    Thanked in
    276 Posts
    Scored today v AZ Alkmaar
    "We lost because we didn't win"- Ronaldo

  13. #292
    First Team The Fly's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    322
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,032
    Thanked in
    553 Posts
    I wonder if Noel King was able to identify him.

  14. #293
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,056
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    832
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    469
    Thanked in
    316 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
    I wonder if Noel King was able to identify him.
    He is the lad with the union Jack jocks

  15. #294
    Seasoned Pro Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    377
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    311
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Watched the first half of his game today and he looks a player.

    The commentator was saying that he has created 40 chances going into today's game, 19 more than any other player in the team. Was raving about how important he is to them.

    There is definitely a look of Wes of him. Could be very good addition

  16. Thanks From:


  17. #295
    Seasoned Pro Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    377
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    311
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Incidentally there was an Irish flag in the corner of the ground with his number 14 on it.

  18. #296
    Reserves Fizzer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    256
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    33
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    98
    Thanked in
    58 Posts
    What’s the reality of the level he’s actually playing at though?
    Tenth in the Eredivisie,where would that be? mid-championship standard? There doesn’t seem to be many Dutch players getting a look in outside of the Eredivisie top four but there’s a few from Huddersfield, Palace etc.
    Le monde est a nous

  19. #297
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,056
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    832
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    469
    Thanked in
    316 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzer View Post
    What’s the reality of the level he’s actually playing at though?
    Tenth in the Eredivisie,where would that be? mid-championship standard? There doesn’t seem to be many Dutch players getting a look in outside of the Eredivisie top four but there’s a few from Huddersfield, Palace etc.
    I would be doubtful he would start for any premier league team at present due to his physical limitations but that may come with games. Mount had a similiar season in Holland last season and he is having decent season at derby now. He might never be good enough for the physical demands of a top league but he will certainly give us creativity against the likes of georgia which we so badly have been missing or in home games when we need to turn draws into wins if we want to qualify for tournaments. If we need to beat denmark or switzerland at home and the choice is to pick him or arter in a 3 man midfield with mccarthy and hendrick Id certainly take crowley even though he might never have the physical tools to play at the level arter has.

  20. #298
    Seasoned Pro Kingdom's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Teeing off
    Posts
    4,116
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,165
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    632
    Thanked in
    382 Posts
    Isn't there an argument that we don't play against physical scrappy teams at international level, and certainly not in games that we struggle in? We struggle against the technical teams that make us run around like eejits because we can't keep the ball. We need to lose the idea that you're club side is what dictates whether you play international ball or not. There is very little difference between the bottom half of the premier league and the championship.

    There's an argument for picking players who are used to getting their foot on the ball, or players who are used to winning games regularly. Crowley fits into all of those brackets.
    That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age

  21. Thanks From:


  22. #299
    Seasoned Pro Razors left peg's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,813
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    377
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    311
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    I would be doubtful he would start for any premier league team at present due to his physical limitations but that may come with games. Mount had a similiar season in Holland last season and he is having decent season at derby now. He might never be good enough for the physical demands of a top league but he will certainly give us creativity against the likes of georgia which we so badly have been missing or in home games when we need to turn draws into wins if we want to qualify for tournaments. If we need to beat denmark or switzerland at home and the choice is to pick him or arter in a 3 man midfield with mccarthy and hendrick Id certainly take crowley even though he might never have the physical tools to play at the level arter has.
    That was always what was thrown at Wes too, too small to play at top level. But yet he was always our most creative player

  23. #300
    First Team
    Joined
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,056
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    832
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    469
    Thanked in
    316 Posts
    https://www.bd.nl/willem-ii/doelpunt...m-ii~a394b30e/ I assume this is the kind of attitude issues that people have raised about crowley. Hopefully matures with age

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chiedozie Ogbene (M Rotherham b.1997)
    By Philly in forum Ireland
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09/07/2020, 8:32 AM
  2. RTE: Crowley completes move to Birmingham City
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18/07/2019, 9:30 AM
  3. RTE: Dan Crowley linked with move to Birmingham City
    By Foot.ie in forum Football Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17/07/2019, 11:40 AM
  4. Best Album of 1997
    By jebus in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 24/08/2008, 9:21 AM
  5. 1997 U20 - Squad
    By Royal rover in forum Ireland
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 21/12/2007, 8:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •