Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heysel Stadium Disaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Heysel Stadium Disaster

Did anyone watch the programme on RTE1 last night ? Truely shocking stuff. I can see why the Juve fans still hold a grudge against the liverpool fans all these years later.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    to think liverpool feel a banner with friendship on it can make up for all that is a joke ,

but did they mention the fact that the italian fans were trowing bricks at the players !! as this is often left out ,
    or that the juve fans were trowing stuff at the liverpool fans this is why they rushed them . coz it was well known that liverpool and everton fans werent trouble makers like utd but that they used to just rob the city blind ( this is why the fans allways had really good clothes like the burbury hats etc still seen today )

Formerly: dublinharp carrickharp's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Very good programme, sad times them.
    “Jockey Wilson . . . What an athlete.” - Sid Waddell
    www.donegaldarts.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo69
    Did anyone watch the programme on RTE1 last night ? Truely shocking stuff. I can see why the Juve fans still hold a grudge against the liverpool fans all these years later.
    You obviously didnt watch the second half of the programme where they analysed how it all happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stojkovic
    You obviously didnt watch the second half of the programme where they analysed how it all happened.
    I watched it all actually....was glued to the telly, what in my post actually even remotely says different ?

Seems like you did'nt watch the 1st half - the build up to when it happend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    I missed that Is there any chance of it being repeated?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208
    to think liverpool feel a banner with friendship on it can make up for all that is a joke ,

but did they mention the fact that the italian fans were trowing bricks at the players !! as this is often left out ,
    or that the juve fans were trowing stuff at the liverpool fans this is why they rushed them . coz it was well known that liverpool and everton fans werent trouble makers like utd but that they used to just rob the city blind ( this is why the fans allways had really good clothes like the burbury hats etc still seen today )
    Yeah right, the scousers just used to rob!!! Every club had, and still has, a hoolie element. Liverpool and Everton were reknowned for their use of blades (sure they even named a park after their favourite one ). It's just pure revisionism to suggest that Liverpool or Everton fans weren't trouble makers, and also clueless.

On the Banner, The Sun apology was never accepted, nor do I think that an apology from South Yorkshire Police would be accepted either.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy
    On the Banner, The Sun apology was never accepted, nor do I think that an apology from South Yorkshire Police would be accepted either.
    Indeed. There was a banner at the game saying something like "Easy to speak, difficult to forgive" apparently.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    Indeed. There was a banner at the game saying something like "Easy to speak, difficult to forgive" apparently.
    Think there were a few less tasteful ones. btw don't necessarily think that in both cases the fans should forgive and forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I watched it all actually....was glued to the telly, what in my post actually even remotely says different ?

Seems like you did'nt watch the 1st half - the build up to when it happend
    I watched it all - you label them 'Liverpool' fans, did you not see a number of fans wearing England red jerseys ?

Italian fans hate ALL English fans for what happened not just Liverpool.

Did you not see the riots at Luton-Millwall and Birmingham-Leeds (where someone died when the wall collapsed) and England fans rampaging through Europe. Did you not see Bradford and listen to the comments about how football was run in those days.

Mid Eighties England was in turmoil with Thatcher, the miner strikes and everything else going on.

It was however an excellent programme.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I think the Belgian police guy summed it up when he said while he would never excuse the actions of the hooligans, and they were the root cause of the tragedy, there was an unfortunate set of circumstances and chain of events that escalated the incident.

I missed that Is there any chance of it being repeated?
    It was a channel 4/RTE production, so it might be on C4. I think there's another one on BBC the weekend
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Here we go again, propogating the myth that it wasn't Liverpool fans - It was Chelsea, NF etc etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I watched it all - you label them 'Liverpool' fans, did you not see a number of fans wearing England red jerseys ?.
    not being smart, but whats your point ? Liverpool are from England. That would be like it i worse an Ireland Jersey to a Bray match.

Italian fans hate ALL English fans for what happened not just Liverpool.
    Did you not see the riots at Luton-Millwall and Birmingham-Leeds (where someone died when the wall collapsed) and England fans rampaging through Europe. Did you not see Bradford and listen to the comments about how football was run in those days.
    Football in the 70's and 80's was full of this, every single club had there hooligan element, and still do. As someone already mentioned, It was wrong of the programme to say Liverpool fans never caused trouble - they did !

Mid Eighties England was in turmoil with Thatcher, the miner strikes and everything else going on.
    That did'nt give the right to take innocent lives.

It was however an excellent programme.
    Agreed

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Think there were a few less tasteful ones. btw don't necessarily think that in both cases the fans should forgive and forget.
    Like the Juve one that read ""15.4.89. Sheffield. God Exists." pretty distatseful in anyones book.

Perhaps a more reflective one being "Easy to speak ... difficult to pardon."

One thing that gripes with me on this one. What (If anything) has Liverpool FC done during the last 20 years to cultivate "amicizia" (friendship) between the clubs.

I'm open to correction but its seems very lame to wait until the next time you play a side (particularly if its a 20 year gap) before you make any public announcements of friendship and sorrow?
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Think there were a few less tasteful ones.
    I'm sure there were but the usual 'Reds Animals' or any tasteless Hillsborough references don't really give too much of an insight.
    btw don't necessarily think that in both cases the fans should forgive and forget.
    Forgiving is up to them in both cases but neither tragedy should ever be forgotten.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I watched it all - you label them 'Liverpool' fans, did you not see a number of fans wearing England red jerseys ?
    I saw a fella and a girl on the tv at the game in Turin on Weds both wearing the Green Ireland Jersey? Your point caller??
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    not being smart, but whats your point ? Liverpool are from England. That would be like it i worse an Ireland Jersey to a Bray match.

Football in the 70's and 80's was full of this, every single club had there hooligan element, and still do. As someone already mentioned, It was wrong of the programme to say Liverpool fans never caused trouble - they did !

That did'nt give the right to take innocent lives.

Agreed

Noticed you didn't put up a post about today being the 16th anniversay of Hillsboro. Bet your a manc so you thought you' put up the post "O I NEVER KNEW THAT THIS AND THAT HAPPENED AT HEYSEL" yeah right.

Heres something for you take a trip down salford quays after a Manc game i and see how many Mancs over the years have kicked f**k out of opposing fans some lucky to be alive. Mate Heysel happened 20 years ago everyone knows what happened and how it happened 14 Liverpool fans served time for it and rightly so but don't start coming on here putting up psots like you did just so you can have a go at scousers cause 99% are all decent ordinary fans AND DON'T say your not having a go at the true fans coz you are you are trying to, a load of crap mate.

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    [QUOTE=anto1208]to think liverpool feel a banner with friendship on it can make up for all that is a joke ,

What are you talking about the flag was not designed to make up for it it was made by fans from RAOTL to offer peace everyone at Liverpool knows that nothing will bring those people back what sort of fool are you to think the flag was made to make up for it.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    [QUOTE=Rafa B]
    Quote Originally Posted by anto1208

What are you talking about the flag was not designed to make up for it it was made by fans from RAOTL to offer peace everyone at Liverpool knows that nothing will bring those people back what sort of fool are you to think the flag was made to make up for it.

you say it was to offer peace does this not mean that they were trying to make it up to them .( if 2 people are fighting and they make up , it means that they offer peace and friend ship to each other )

and this is what the banner and the minutes silence were for ,liverpool to say sorry .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Interesting piece on Heysel from a Juve site: http://bianconeri.tripod.com/heysel.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast